Chapter 1

You Are My Angel

Seulgi spreads her wings & admires them in the mirror. 

Her unnies were right. Mina's really has to be the best when it comes to wings. She already feels like a new angel, revitalized & ready to take on the world. 

Earlier in the day, Irene unnie & Wendy had ganged up on her & pulled her sorry off the bed. They had had enough of Seulgi wallowing in self-pity for 2 days on end, reeked in soju. They had insisted she took a bath - as Irene unnie had so kindly put,  she smelled like Yeri's feet - and just get over it. Girls got dumped! If Wendy had a dime for every time she got dumped, she wouldn't be sharing an apartment with 5 ridiculously emotional girls but instead she'd be living in a finest apartment at the top of Mount Olympus, which raised the important question in Seulgi: exactly how many times had Wendy dated? 

After several attempts of trying to push Wendy & Irene unnie off of her & vehemently refusing to get out of bed, she was finally persuaded to get up. She didn't want Irene's knee coming in contact with her jaw, and quite hard & fast too, as Irene had so eloquently put, if she didn't get up. 

They had both recommended this salon to her, quite eagerly, for they both agreed Mina's could do wonders to one's wings. Irene had spread her beautiful wings and flapped them gracefully in Seulgi's face, to emphasize the fact. Seulgi was momentarily distracted by the breathtaking beauty before her but ultimately had seen the point. She needed a new look! 

Seulgi whirls in front of Mina's mirror and observes her now glossy & luscious feathery appendages. Sure, she was born with an awesome pair which was often the subject of male admiration but she has to admit, they had never looked better.

She bids farewell & leaves Mina's making a mental note to drop in in a month for another session. Deciding to put her new pair of wings to use, she decides to fly home instead of walking the 2 blocks. Her stilettos were killing her anyway. She couldn't walk in them even if her life depended on it. 

Flapping her newly done wings, she swishes through the clouds, letting wind blow in her hair & make a beautiful mess of it. She notices the occasional envious glances thrown in her direction by she-angels & the looks of admiration from the males. She puffs her chest & holds her head high. How good does it feel to be the centre of attention! 

Earlier in the week she had called in at her superior at the Guardian Angel Division of the Bureau of Angel Affairs and asked for a week of leave. 

Her superior had nodded her head in understanding. Break ups were hard, specially if it was with the boss's son. It would mean that everywhere she went heads turned & people huddled together gossiping in hushed tones! No wonder she was asking for time off. One can only bear so much public scrutiny. 

The superior had given Seulgi a comforting hug. 

Seulgi was a nice girl but she should of known better than to trust her slimy son with a wandering eye for the ladies, Seulgi's superior had inwardly thought to herself. The git had done her real bad. 

Seulgi had been immediately released of her guardian duties. She was watching this weeny awkward high-school boy in some sort of a boy band that was currently going nowhere! He was a good vocalist & a powerful dancer. He practiced hard and slept three hours a day. He loved their music with a passion though it was garbage, in Seulgi's honest opinion. 

Her human subject was a Low Priority individual with no major changes in his destiny in the recent future or ever for that matter. Surely he could do one week without her watching over him. Seulgi on the other hand felt pretty unstable. If she didn't take time off to think things through she was on the verge of throwing herself off Olympus & join Hades in his realm. 

So out she had walked. The guardian task of her human subject was temporarily assigned to her flat-mate Irene. Not that it was necessary but it was protocol. 

Seulgi slows down as she turns the corner & her apartment comes in to vicinity. Excitement bubbles inside her as she thinks of how her boarding mates would react to her new look! 

She was so ready for her new beginning! 

--------------/--/-------------

Jimin tosses his earphones on to the bed & looks around his room that he shares with 6 other hormonal teenage boys. 

Their music isn't good, he has to admit. No wonder they weren't making much or - any for that matter - progress at all now almost a year & half since their debut. 

He suddenly feels wary. He is exhausted, starved & cramped inside a tiny apartment with way too many people. This wasn't how he pictured his idol life when he was recruited by BigHit 5 years ago. Clearly the company isn't living up to its name. They were neither big nor hit. He hadn't expected overnight success but after a year & half he had thought they'd be somewhere! How wrong had he been? 

He rubs his brow wearily. 

Perhaps this idol life isn't for him! 

-----//---------------//---------------//------------------//------------

Find me on YouTube. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCdtW81zFdlPMB5tR9sCvN4w