[Final] I still love you more than pizza

Pizza Love

--

 

Kyungsoo wakes up with a flinch but a small smile slowly formed his lips upon feeling another movement. He sighed sleepily as a hand comes down to rub his big belly.

 

 

“Good morning to you too.”, he said softly. He is about to go back to sleep when another batch of kicking starts off again and he cannot help but open his eyes and stare at his tummy wit a slight pout. It made a series of weird waves and bumps as the little creature inside continue to move. A slight gasp escaped from the pregnant male’s chapped lips as the baby gave a particularly hard kick on his left side.

 

 

And it only meant one thing right now, his little one is wide awake and hungry and wanting his daddy to get up. It’s been like this for the past few months. Jongsoo waking him up in the morning or sometimes, in the middle of the night and he isn’t one to refuse the needs of his baby nor his fiancé, Kim Jongin.

 

 

Now he remembers, he wants to blame the man and his dancing. His baby must have inherited his daddy’s talent with how weird little Jongsoo do twists and turns inside his tummy. He’s still in his 6th month and the baby is so active or more like energetic every time and Kyungsoo barely keeps up. He also bets the moment his son comes out, he might have already have his own dance steps and might challenge Jongin, the dancing king himself.

 

 

Another particular hard kick on his right happens again and he slowly gets up, one hand resting on the lower part of his belly and is about to call Jongin to get his baby something to eat when his eyes landed on something from across the room.

 

 

His suit.

 

 

Kyungsoo smiles again as he stares at the 3-piece of black and fine clothing that is now resting in one of his open closets.

 

 

Today is his wedding day. He is about to get married. To Jongin. To the love of his life.

 

 

Five years of being together has brought them to finally tie the knot. Well, the baby came first. He has told Jongin that he wanted to have a child right after marriage but Jongin had knelt on one knee one Sunday night in his apartment as Kyungsoo cooks dinner, his hand shaking badly while holding a simple and silver ring. “Make me kimchi spaghetti, forever?”, Jongin had said, trembling and Kyungsoo can’t help but pounce at his boyfriend after recovering from shock and overwhelmed emotions and he kissed him feverishly, muttering a breathy “yes” against the other’s mouth. Dinner neglected and they spent the night away under the sheets, making love like there’s no tomorrow. Emotions heightened, they indeed, had an unprotected .

 

 

Their baby came a month after and Kyungsoo didn’t have any ounce of regret. He is bearing a child. Jongin’s child. Though not in time from his original plan of having a baby after marriage, Kyungsoo was happy. Even Jongin was jumping up and down like a mad man as if he’d won the jackpot in the lottery upon learning that he was pregnant.

 

 

A faint buzz from his phone on his bedside brought him back to the present and he picked it up with a small frown when he reads that it came from Jongin. He remembers he is still mad at the man and his frown deepens when he open the message.

 

 

From: Jongin

good morning baby

are u still mad?

can’t wait to see u later

i’m so nervous i can’t even chew my chicken properly

 

 

Kyungsoo pouted even more at the mention of food and he quickly types back a reply as he makes his way to the kitchen.

 

 

To: Jongin

alone and no food

not so sure anymore about marrying you

how dare u leave me like this

 

 

He set his phone grumpily on the counter and opens the fridge to see nothing but a bag of potato chips and a cold slice of pepperoni pizza. The pizza was from last night. Jongin ordered two boxes because he had been craving it for days. He even used his awful aegyo just for Jongin to give in to his request because he thinks pizza is “unhealthy”. His pregnant self almost consumed all the greasy food and Jongin can’t do anything but stare at his hungry fiancé’s face.

 

 

Also, Jongin had left him after that’s why he is mad. He chose to stay at his parent’s house for the night for the reason that it would be exciting for the both of them not to see each other hours before their scheduled wedding. Kyungsoo thought Jongin’s idea was ridiculous and even argued on why Jongin had to leave a pregnant man alone on their shared apartment. The man even promised to send Baekhyun, Jongin’s best friend and best man in the morning and even give him a deep kiss on his lips to soothe him but Kyungsoo was just so pissed, he kicked Jongin out. He knows Baekhyun is not a morning person.

 

 

He takes the single slice to the microwave to heat it and a kick on his belly made him grumble.

 

 

“Alright, kiddo. Wait a bit.”, he pouts again as he caressed his tummy and waits for the machine to finish its job when his phone beeps again. He hears a loud “ding” from it and he takes the plate and sets it down on the table. He takes a careful seat, hand supporting his belly. He opens his phone and frowns while he waits for his pizza to cool down a bit.

 

 

From: Jongin

u’re not serious, are u

 

 

To: Jongin

i am

 

 

From: Jongin

dont be like this baby

youre marrying me today

baekhyun hyung is coming

 

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes as he started to munch his now-crispy pizza.

 

 

To: Jongin

make him bring pizza

 

 

There is a long moment before he received a reply from Jongin.

 

 

From: Jongin

the pizza parlor isnt open yet

 

 

Kyungsoo checks his time. His favorite pizza place won’t be open until 11AM and his phone clock says 9:47. His wedding will be at one o’clock in the afternoon. He still got time.

 

 

He took his last bite and sighs a bit as he feels little Jongsoo stopped squirming inside him but it’s still not enough. He is still hungry and he knows his son will get hungry again, soon.

 

 

To: Jongin

are u denying me food?

 

 

From: Jongin

u just ate pizza last night

 

 

To: Jongin

so?

 

 

From: Jongin

will let hyung bring another food

pizza is not healthy

 

 

To: Jongin

no

i want pizza

 

 

From: Jongin

Kyungsoo

 

 

To: Jongin

dont kyungsoo me!

bring me pizza

 

 

From: Jongin

dont be stubborn

theyre unhealthy

 

 

He widens his eyes at the message and he grits his teeth angrily. He easily gets mad these days maybe because of hormones and he sees red when he that really came from Jongin.

 

 

To: Jongin

DID U JUST CALL ME BRAT??????

 

 

From: Jongin

no

i didnt

 

 

He closes his eyes to calm himself but he can’t. Kyungsoo types the last message before slamming his phone on top of the table, fuming.

 

 

To: Jongin

BRING ME PIZZA

YOUR KID WONT FEED HIMSELF KIM JONGIN, DAMN U

 

 

--

 

 

Baekhyun came stumbling into his apartment an hour later, a box of pizza on his right hand and his coat on his arm. He is already on his dress shirt and he raises a brow when he sees Kyungsoo sitting on the couch, legs on the coffee table in front of him and munching on a bag of potato chips while watching television.

 

 

“Why aren’t you preparing?”, he says after leaving his shoes by the door and he strides to the living room where the pregnant male is.

 

 

“I was waiting for my pizza. Duh.”, Kyungsoo said sassily and brings his legs down after Baekhyun set the box on top of the table. He sits across the smaller male, still eyeing him when he starts to take a slice.

 

 

“Your wedding is today. Why are you so relax?”

 

 

“Oh. Should I be scared?”, he replied non-chalantly in between his munching.

 

 

Baekhyun sighs. “Jongin is nervous as hell. He can’t even stay in one place. He keeps calling me every minute. Saying he’s near losing his mind.”

 

 

Kyungsoo scoffs as he takes another slice and awfully puts a lot of hot sauce on it. “Lucky you. He can’t even call me. That .” Kyungsoo looks up as he eats. “Why don’t you two just get married then?”

 

 

“Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun closes his eyes and pressed the heel of his palm on his forehead, trying not to bite back. Sassy and pregnant Kyungsoo with hormones is a bad combination. “. I wonder how Jongin is keeping up with you.”

 

 

He shrugs before pointing at his belly. “He has to. He put a baby inside me. He should be responsible.”

 

 

They sat there in silence as Kyungsoo continues to eat his pepperoni pizza, not even bothering to offer some to Jongin’s best friend. The guy is busy texting someone on his phone too. Probably Jongin. And in times like this, Kyungsoo really doesn’t want to share.

 

 

He’s on second to the last slice when Baekhyun clears his throat, glancing at his watch on his wrist. It’s seventeen minutes past 12 and they still have to prepare but Kyungsoo is eating like he has all the time in the world. Even taking selcas as he takes a bite on his food and minutes later, Baekhyun sees it on Instagram.

 

 

He puts his phone down and glares at the man. “Will you make it fast, Kyung? Jongin is already on his way to your wedding place.”

 

 

“Nuh-uh. Jongin can wait.”, he munches slowly, his finger when there’s a little sauce on it.

 

 

Baekhyun breathes heavily, close to snapping and he texts Jongin right away.

 

 

To: Jingo

ugh, why did i even agree to u looking after your brat of a fiancé

i hate this

istg youll pay me for this

god, my head aches kim jongin

 

 

He speaks again when there’s no reply from Jongin. “After this, let’s prepare. I’ll fix your hair or may be put make-up on you. I promised Jongin that I’ll help you.”

 

 

The pregnant male then burps loudly, not even understanding what is Baekhyun saying. “Baek, get me water. I can’t get up.”

 

 

Said guy just stood up and goes to the kitchen and comes back, handing the glass of water to Kyungsoo who gulped it down the cold water on one go.

 

 

He sighed happily while rubbing his belly. “You full now, Jongsoo-yah?”

 

 

Kyungsoo giggled when there’s an immediate response on the side of his tummy. “Good. Daddy is full too.”

 

 

Baekhyun purses his lips, hiding a smile when Kyungsoo starts baby-talking to his bump. Kim Jongin’s fiancè’s is really cute but he won’t say it aloud. “You okay now?”

 

 

“Give me five minutes. I’m so full, I can’t stand.”

 

 

He gives Kyungsoo his five minutes and Baekhyun scratches his brow impatiently after reading a text from Jongin if Kyungsoo is already done preparing and that he’s already at the church. They barely have 20 minutes left and Kyungsoo has not taken a bath obviously.

 

 

“Come on now Kyungsoo. We’ll be late. Jongin is there already.”

 

 

He nudges the smaller male gently and helps him get up and both of them head to Kyungsoo’s bedroom.

 

 

Kyungsoo yawns. “I’m sleepy Baek.”

 

 

His eyes widen. This can’t be. “No Kyungsoo. You can sleep all you want after the wedding. Not now!” He pushes the male into the bathroom quickly and carefully.

 

 

“But--”

 

 

“No! Jongin will kill me. Come on. Or do you want me to bathe you?”, he said, voice laced with threat and Kyungsoo slams the door on his face and he can’t but chuckle when he hear him shout, “Jongin will know about this Byun Baekhyun!”

 

 

--

 

 

It’s about 20 minutes later that finally Kyungsoo comes out from the bathroom on his robes, glaring at him.

 

 

He’s been knocking a couple of times because apparently, Kyungsoo is taking his time again while showering and his phone keeps on buzzing, texts from Jongin mostly and some of their friends who are now at the venue and looking for them. They are now ing late.

 

 

He quickly helps Kyungsoo with his suit who had sluggish movements maybe because he’s pregnant and he is carrying a baby with him. Kyungsoo doesn’t complain but he keeps on glaring at Baekhyun and slaps his hand away when he tries to help Kyungsoo with his pants.

 

 

“You’ve touched so much. I’ll tell Jongin and see if he doesn’t strangle your neck.”

 

 

--

 

 

“Where the hell are you, Do Kyungsoo?”, Jongin hears Seungsoo, Kyungsoo’s brother obviously talking to Kyungsoo on his phone.

 

 

He’s been jittery and nervously standing by the altar as he keeps on glancing at the entrance of the church. He’s never been so nervous in his life. He’s close to pissing himself as if he keeps on glancing at the people inside the church who’s starting to get bored because they had been waiting for almost forty minutes and his groom has not shown yet even a single strand of his hair. His parents and Kyungsoo’s are here, including their closest friends. He keeps apologizing for having to wait too long.

 

 

“Get your in here quickly. Your husband-to-be is close to having a break down. You don’t want that, do you? Good.”

 

 

Seungsoo ends the call and puts a hand on his shoulder and squeeze it assuringly while smiling gently. “Sorry. My brother is sometimes pain in the . He’s coming. Let’s wait for him a bit.”

 

 

Jongin returns the smile nervously, palms starting to sweat again. “I’ve waited years for this, I sure can wait longer, hyung.”

 

 

Minutes later, Baekhyun came running down the aisle and stood beside him with a wide smile. All visitors had stood up too, smiling excitedly upon learning that Kyungsoo is finally here. “That brat. Wanting to have pizza again when we passed by the pizza parlor.”

 

 

Jongin chuckled nervously. “Thanks Baek. So much.”

 

 

“Yeah. Just don’t punch me or anything when he tells you something after this.”, Baekhyun grinned and was about to ask what is it about when he elbowed him and pointed at the entrance of the church.

 

 

He thought he might have stopped breathing.

 

 

There is his precious Kyungsoo. The love of his life. His dashing Kyungsoo who looks so good in his black and white suit. His heart starts to hammer in his chest as takes a look at him, holding his big belly dearly. Jongin can’t help but tear up because he is really about to get married to this wonderful man who’s carrying their wonderful child.

 

 

Jongin doesn’t realize everything happening but all he could think about was Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo alone. The mellow piano music was left unheard by Jongin as Kyungsoo starts to walk down the aisle with the most beautiful smile. His heartbeat gets louder than any sound inside the place as Kyungsoo gets closer that he feels he might faint any second.

 

 

Jongin tries to gulp down the emotions he’s been holding but he breaks down the moment Kyungsoo finally stepped in front of him, looking as beautiful as ever.

 

 

“Hi.”, Kyungsoo softly muttered looking at Jongin who had tears already rolling down his face. He chuckled and tries to cover up the tears that were trying to spill from his eyes as he reaches out to wipe the tears off his soon-husband with the back of his hands. “You look ugly when you cry, Jongin.”, he jokes but gets cut-off when Jongin envelopes him in a very tight hug, still careful of squishing his stomach.

 

 

Jongin sniffs onto his neck and whines. “I thought you’d never come.”

 

 

Kyungsoo felt the pout on the side of his neck and laughs heartily as he pinches Jongin’s side playfully. “Silly. I may love pizza but I love you more. You know that.”

 

 

“But Baekhyun hyung said you’re about to get another on your way here.”, Jongin says in a childish tone that Kyungsoo can’t help but coo.

 

 

He pulled back, not minding the people around them anymore who are sporting silly faces while watching the couple in front of them.

 

 

“The pizza can wait. Starting our forever right now can’t.”, he says cheekily.

 

 

He hears a scoff on the side and he hears Seungsoo says, “I didn’t know you two are this cheesy. Ew, brother. Ew, Jongin.”

 

 

“Shut up Seungsoo.”, Jongin and Kyungsoo both said in chorus and the whole place erupted into laughter along with the playful hoots from their friends.

 

 

The priest clears his throat, smiling. “Shall we start the ceremony?”

 

 

Jongin slips his hand on Kyungsoo’s waist and stares at him at lovingly. “Yes."

 

 

--

 

 

fin.