2/2 - final

It Happened Before The Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was running as fast as she could; her hair was a mess—she did not even shower. She looked at her phone and apparently one of her colleagues said that their almighty CEO wants a medium cup of latte. She immediately changed her direction to a café nearby. Irene was sweating bullet; she stopped in front of the café before opening the door and unfortunately she was bumping into someone and fell down.

 

“Are you okay? I’m really sorry.” Said the person.

 

Irene nodded and got up. It did not hurt, but Irene was embarrassed since there were so many people inside the café. She looked up, and she could not be more embarrassed.

 

“Irene?”

 

“Seul…gi…?” Irene could only hope that the universe would her in at that moment.

 

Irene definitely did not know what to feel, because when she finally saw the girl again after two months after the wedding; it was in a very embarrassing situation. Even after two months the girl still looked charming and very dreamy—not to mention in morning rush while Irene looked like a Krampus.

 

“Are you in a rush?”

 

Irene ended up telling Seulgi everything, how she almost tripped in the bathroom this morning to the part that she was going to get her boss a cup off medium latte—of course she didn’t tell the part where she did not shower. It seemed like she was talking so fast that Seulgi actually chuckled while telling her to slow down. Irene did not even know why she stayed or bothered to tell Seulgi everything while she was obviously late for work. What she did not expect was when Seulgi handed Irene her cup of medium latte and saying that she could buy another one—charmingly. Irene didn’t know how many times she had thanked Seulgi for it before rushing off to her workplace.

 

Irene also didn’t know that Seulgi did spare her a longing stare with a soft smile on her face while hoping she’d somehow bump into the latter again.

 

 

Seulgi’s wish was answered. She was just finished having dinner with someone who wanted to buy her paintings when she saw Irene was drinking her glass of red wine alone; in a very fancy restaurant. Seulgi was walking back and forth inside the restroom; she was contemplating if she could just greet the smaller girl or go home. She took a deep breath and she had decided.

Seulgi walked out the restroom with confidence as she gently tapped Irene’s shoulder. Irene looked so surprised when she saw the latter, she couldn’t hide her blushing cheeks when Seulgi asked if she could take the empty seat in front of Irene.

 

Of course, Irene said yes.

 

Seulgi also ordered a glass of red wine.

 

“What brought you here?” She asked the older girl.

 

“I was supposed to have a date. But, he did not show up.” Irene answered with a bitter smile.

 

Seulgi frowned. She did not understand. How could someone ditch a person as amazing as Irene? As beautiful; as unreal as Irene. She shook her negative expression away and lightly chuckled.

 

“If you don’t mind,” Seulgi raised her glass. “I can be your date tonight.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter