Chapter 1 [end]

Snowflakes, Mistletoe & Love

'Jeongguk come here and help me with the star!'
'Why is that Jiminie? Can't you reach the top of the Christmas tree?' answers the maknae teasingly.
'hey shut up and help me!'
Jeongguk finally gives in and puts the star on top of the tree, takes a step back and admires their work.
This year they have decided to decorate the Christmas tree in a , let's say, unique way – each member had a part of the tree for himself to decorate however he wanted. And well the result was.... interesting....(?). Jeongguk sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. The tree was well.... very colorful. His eyes kept on being distracted by the bright pink parts that decorated the left side of the tree – no doubt Seokjin's work. He let his gaze wander upper where Hoseok has had his share of fun. However at least his part of the tree looked stylish –  shades of gray complimenting the silver decorations. Jeongguk decided he doesn't even want to know what Namjoon's and Yoongi's part looks like (the two have decided to get the same part mainly because Yoongi was too lazy to do it by himself and Namjoon was too clumsy and would've probably destroyed the entire tree if left alone.) He looked on the right side where Jimin's beautiful decorations were carefully put together – baby blue ones next to silver and white ones. And then the really catchy one was Taehyung's part, of course. Well it wasn't a mess or anything but it was clearly different – he had apparently decided to make rainbows using different decorations and putting the colors in their designated places. He had also dragged Jeongguk with him because 'making it by himself was boring' and how could the maknae resist to those puppy eyes and pouty lips. Well the final result was cute and very colorful and so very Taehyung– Jeongguk liked it.
The latter's deep voice startled the maknae from his in-depth analysis of the Christmas tree.
'Jeonggukieeee~'
'Yeah hyung?'
'Let's go outside and play in the snow!'
'Now?'
Taehyung simply answered with a cute and excited nod.
'You're not going outside now we're having some quality time here! Besides it's freezing!' said Seokjin as he was preparing mugs with hot chocolate for each member.
The two younger boys sighed . Of course Seokjin wouldn't let them go out on Christmas Eve. However Jeongguk already had thought up a plan for later, his train of thoughts being interrupted by a very cheerful Jimin running around and placing mistletoe throughout the dorms with a very loud Hoseok right behind him.
'Jiminieeee~ I wanna put mistletoe as well~'
However Jimin ignored Taehyung and simply jumped around until he got right behind him and Jeongguk, giggling like a little idiot.
'I'll give you mistletoe if you kiss Jeonggukie!' said Jimin holding up above the other two's heads the mistletoe.
'What?' (Jeongguk)
'Sure' (Taehyung)
'What do you mean “sure”????'
'Oh c'mon Gukie it's just a peck on the cheek why are you so shy?'
Jeongguk cleared his throat. Of course just a.... just a kiss on the cheek...nothing more.
'OOOH maybe our maknae was thinking about another type of kissing?!' yelled Jimin teasingly making himself heard throughout the dorm and getting everyone's attention.
'Whoa easy there Guk what were you thinking about?' Hoseok chimes in, letting out a chuckle.
Meanwhile both Taehyung and Jeongguk were blushing like crazy avoiding eye contact with each other and trying to get away from the evil Jimin that was still stubbornly holding up the mistletoe. However Hoseok noticed and unceremoniously pushed Taehyung in Jeongguk's direction making the two stumble a bit and grab each other in a tight hug making the situation even more awkward.
'Awweee look at these kids in love! C'mon just kiss already!' yelled Jimin in between fits of laughter, still holding up that goddamn mistletoe.
Taehyung decided to just get it over with and placed a small soft peck on Jeongguk's cheek, abruptly untangling himself from the latter's arms. They all started laughing when Jimin suddenly yelled 'yah that's not enough oh god you guys are unbelievable I can't even what was that you were supposed to kiss this is not fair.....-' and a very annoyed Yoongi grabbed the very unimpressed Jimin, trying to shut him up. (A/N: Jimin the ultimate vkook shipper lol)
After the little incident they all kept on decorating the dorm and finally sat down on the couch, each with a mug in hand and watched various TV shows. After a while Yoongi announced he wanted to sleep (of course), got up and headed towards his room, soon followed by a very grumpy and sleepy Namjoon who was obviously so done with the whole Christmas thing. Later Seokjin took his leave as well  with Hoseok, telling the maknae line not to stay up too late. Finally Jimin got up as well and left the room not without teasing the other two a bit – 'I'm going to sleep as well~ I hope you two won't get too naughty while you are alone~'- earning himself a slap on the arm from Taehyung. After that it was just silence – awkward silence as the movie that came up on the TV was obviously a romance.
'TaeTae?' asked Jeongguk trying to escape the silence.
'Yeah?'
'We can go outside and play now, if you still want to...'
Hearing that Taehyung's face lit up and he showed off his boxy grin, nodding his head excitedly.
'Of course I still want to, Gukie! Wait lemme get dressed up and I'll be right back.'
After a few minutes they were both wearing warm clothes, heading towards the exit. As soon as Jeongguk opened the door, Taehyung rushed outside and threw himself in the snow, frantically moving his arms and feet like a small child. The younger boy ran in the other's direction and started throwing snowballs at him.
'Yah not fair Jeonggukie! I'm on the ground and you are still on your feet!' yelled Taehyung 'not for long though' he added as he grabbed  the maknae's feet, the latter falling on top of him. They started rolling in the snow, trying to get the upper hand and cover the other in snow, finally ending up with Jeongguk on top of Taehyung, both laughing and out of breath.
'Ah this is nice~' said Jeongguk as he got off Taehyung and decided to lay down next to him.
'Yeah... whoa look at the stars Gukie!'
'Whoa~'
They were both staring like idiots at the stars when Taehyung wrapped himself around Jeongguk like a koala.
'Gukie I'm cold but I dun wanna leave~'
'We could stay a few more minutes and then go inside and drink some tea if you want.'
'Yeah sounds good.'
Taehyung resumed his star gazing session. Jeongguk however was watching Taehyung. He looked genuinely happy, his eyes sparkling with joy, long dark eyelashes casting shadows on his cheeks that were covered by a slight blush, his plump lips shivering from the cold. Jeongguk sighed. He had always had a little bit of crush (read : big crush) on his hyung. However he decided not to let anyone know – he knew it would be embarrassing and probably Taehyung wouldn't reciprocate his feelings. He was simply content with whatever small moments he got with the other, even though he always tried to touch him more, to just do more,  hoping that maybe at one point Taehyung would understand – and yes Jeongguk knew that the other was probably really thick, but hey wouldn't hurt him to try. His train of thoughts was stopped when Taehyung suddenly turned around, their faces now inches apart.
'You're staring Gukie'
'No I was not'
'Yes you were! Why were you staring?' teased Taehyung getting on top of Jeongguk 'I'll cover you in snow if you don't answer!'
Jeongguk however took that as a challenge and they simply ended up rolling in the snow again. Finally, after hearing Taehyung sneeze, the maknae dragged the other inside. Taehyung tried to escape yelling that he won't catch a cold that easily but Jeongguk was having none of it. When they finally got inside Taehyung changed his clothes and sat down on the couch pouting like a little child and ignoring Jeongguk.
'TaeTae~'
Silence.'

Taeee~'

Nothing again.
'We can play tomorrow as well TaeTae~'
That caught Taehyung's attention, even though he was still pouting.
'Here I also made your favourite tea Tae~' said Jeongguk in his sweetest voice.
The older took the tea mug from the maknae but still remained silent. He took a sip and scrunched up his nose.
'You forgot the honey.'
He slowly got up and headed towards the kitchen, soon followed by Jeongguk. They were both adding honey to their teas when Jeongguk noticed the mistletoe that was hanging above their heads, an idea popping in his mind.
'TaeTae~  How about I give u a lil kiss in order to get your forgiveness?'
Taehyung's face was suddenly covered in red all the way to his ears. Jeongguk frowned. What was the problem – he had kissed him on the cheek before why was Taehyung so embarrased?
The other slowly turned around to face Jeongguk, avoiding eye contact and quietly muttering something.
'Um.. y-yeah.. I t-think that's.... o-okay...'
Jeongguk was confused but leaned closer and directed his attention to the other's right cheek, trying not to be distracted by the plump red lips in front of him. However Taehyung turned his head, their lips slightly brushing against each other, Jeongguk suddenly jumping at the contact.
Both him and Taehyung were staring at each other wide eyed.
'um... Tae why did you … um what .. um?' yeah that's right really coherent Jeongguk.
Taehyung seemed mortified.
'O-Oh I thought you meant.... I-I'm sorry.... I didn't know I-I o-oh...'
Realization finally lit up the maknae's features.
'Oh you thought I...'
Taehyung slightly nodded his head, his face heating up again.
'Oh...'
Now that was awkward. Jeongguk didn't really know what to do so his brain just decided to simply throw random words – let's see how that worked out.
'I mean if you wanted I..... I thought you didn't want and I just.... I mean I'm not saying- nono totally not I mean how could you-' however he got interrupted by a small giggle from Taehyung.
'Gukkie...'
Jeongguk gulped. Here it comes. The rejection. Yayy.
'Yeah?'
'It's okay-'
'I know I know we are band mates and we can't to stuff like this but I ju- wait what?'
Taehyung giggled again.
'I said it's fine... Y-You can kiss me...'
Jeongguk just stared at him for a while thinking that he was probably dreaming. Yeah.... just a damn dream again.
'Gukie close your mouth' the other said laughing as he brought a hand to Jeongguk's chin.
'Um yeah okay yeah sure yes um'
'Jeongguk'
'Yeah?'
'Just shut up' the other said as he leaned in and captured the maknae's lips.
Jeongguk's head was on a loop of 'OMG EVERYBODY STAY CALM IT'S HAPPENING WHAT'S THE PROCEDURE' and 'omg his lips are so soft' and 'whaT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS SHOULD I PUT THEM ON HIS HIPS WHAT AM I DOING WHAT-'.
Taehyung pulled away.
'Jeonggukie relax okay?' he said cupping the other's face and brushing his cheeks with his thumbs. Jeongguk leaned into his warm touch, calming down his nerves. This was Taehyung. He should be comfortable with Taehyung.
'O-Okay.. um.. let's um.. try again?'
Taehyung smiled.
'Sure'
This time Jeongguk decided to think less, feel more – and it felt amazing. They started moving their lips against each other, while Taehyung's hands found their way to the back of Jeongguk's neck sending shivers down the maknae's spine every time his fingers left feather touches there. They parted slightly to catch their breaths. Taehyung leaned in, slightly bumping their foreheads, looking straight into Jeongguk's eyes.
'Do you have any idea for how long I've been wanting to do this?' he whispered his breath tickling Jeongguk's lips.
'Oh God, trust me, I do'
'Why were we so stupid?'
'I don't know'
They both started laughing enjoying each other's presence. However their little moment of joy got interrupted by a very sleepy Jimin entering the kitchen, probably looking for some water bottles. As soon as he noticed them his eyes widened.
'WhaT ARE YOU DOING?'
Taehyung and Jeongguk jumped away from each other, both yelling 'Nothing!'.
'OH MY GOD I KNEW IT!'
'oh my god shut up Jimin!'
'OOH BOY I AIN'T GONNA SHUT UP NOW TAEHYUNG OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS OH MY GOD JUST WAIT UNTIL I TELL THE OTHERS'
'JIMIN YOU'D BETTER SHUT UP OR I'LL TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT THAT ONE TIME WHEN YOU AND YOONGI-'
Taehyung got interrupted by Jimin that threw himself at him, covering his mouth with his (smol) hands.
'Taehyung that was just ONE time'
'Yeah sure'
'I mean it!'
'Uh-Um'
'Aaagh I hate you!'
'Love ya too!'
Jeongguk was just confused. He had never understood those two's friendship but he just went along with it.
'WHY ARE YOU AWAKE AT THIS HOUR IT'S 3 AM WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING?!' they all got startled by a very angry Seokjin that they probably managed to stir awake with all the noise and yelling.
'We were just talkin-'
'I DON'T CARE GO TO SLEEP NOW'
They all headed towards their rooms, Seokjin entering first in his, throwing another glare in their direction, soon followed by Jimin – that was moving his eyebrows and saying stuff like 'imma leave you now, you love birds'. Finally Taehyung and Jeongguk were alone in the hallway.
'That was... crazy' Jeongguk finally said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.
'Yeah I know' answered Taehyung slightly laughing.
Awkward silence once again.
'Um well... I guess... I'll see you in the morning... Goodnight and.. Merry Christmas!' muttered Taehyung as he turned around. However Jeongguk was having none of it. He grabbed Taehyung's arm and pulled him close sealing their lips together once again. When he pulled away he smiled and whispered 'Merry Christmas, Tae~'
'Oh my gooood get a room you two!'
They both turned around only to see Jimin peeking through his slightly open door.
'Oh my god, get a life Jimin!' yelled Taehyung.
'WHAT DID I TELL YOU WHY ARE YOU NOT SLEEPING?!!'
aaaaand Seokjin was out of his room once again.
'Oh ' said Jeongguk earning himself other scoldings for bad language & co. as he ran away from the furious mom friend. As he closed the door to his room he looked one more time in Taehyung's direction, giving him a small wave and earning himself one of those beautiful boxy smiles he loved the most.