The beginning

The suspicious pair

Finally, Ji Hyun received an interesting script for a nice romcom to film after Shopping King Louis. She thought Bonghee’s outspoken and daring character as well as her boldness would come alive thanks to her. 

She was expecting it to be a good career move that would shed her image as a child actress and make the public see her as the adult she really was. 

Sometimes, the fact that she had grown up in front of the public eye felt like a burden and a hindrance to her growth as an actress.

She ran into her male counterpart Ji Chang Wook several times since they share the same hairstylist and they even presented an award together the same year. He seemed to be a nice and courteous person and she was sure she could work well with him like she did with all her past costars.  

There was no reason for her to refuse the job even though two other actresses already turned it down before.

Two weeks later

It was the morning of the script reading and the traffic was crazy but luckily her manager picked her up early.

« We’ll be on time! Don’t worry Jihyunah»

« I know oppa,there is no reason to get stressed anyway. I’ll just rehearse my lines once more before we reach the location. »

She always had a positive attitude towards life - if you can’t change it, embrace it was her motto and it worked well for her.

« We have arrived. Let’s go meet the production team. »

They both made their way to the meeting room to greet the staff and cast who were already there. Nam Ji Hyun then went to her assigned chair and flipped through the script once more. Nara sat on her left and she could already see that the older woman was nervous.  

She reached to her hand and smiled:

« Everything is going to be fine. If you feel too concerned about your acting, you can come over to my house and go over your lines with me »

Nara finally relaxed and smiled back to her while thanking her and promising to do her best.

Everyone was finally sitting around the table, the Pd and writer gave their speeches to mark the start of the drama shooting.

After a round of applause, the script reading started and Ji Hyun had no trouble blurting out the bold lines of her character which caused some good laughter. The reading went well and the atmosphere was relaxed and fun.

Ji Chang Wook was walking to her as she was standing up:

« I have a good feeling about the drama and I’m glad you accepted the role! »

« Are you glad because it’s me or because you were afraid the production team wouldn’t find a female lead? »

Chang Wook’s mind went blank for a second until he heard her laughter and joined her. He didn’t expect her to be this confident and playful. 

« Let’s work well together Ji Chang Wook ssi! » she added while extending her hand for a handshake. He couldn’t help but smile while saying: « To Suspicious Partner! But you can call me oppa. »

She smiled back at him while they released each other’s hands. 

Suddenly, a hand clap was heard as Seonho PD asked for everyone’s attention:

« Everyone, we will shoot the individual posters starting tomorrow and then we will work on the group ones. We will start with you, Jihyun-ah at 9am so have a good rest and see you tomorrow! »

« Yes PD nim »

Everyone then left home exhausted but there was so much excitement in the air.