Final

Candy man
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Christmas markets had always been your thing.

You loved nothing more than a stroll along those little wooden houses as the scent of freshly baked pastries and sweet desserts wafted through your nose. Of course, the cherry on top would be a beautiful snowfall along the way – not too much yet not too little.

Unfortunately, you never really had one particular market day that you could call the perfect one. You were either freezing to death while trying to get through the mass of tourists or the weather conditions were so outrageous that you wished you had just stayed at home, cuddled up in your bed with a cup of hot chocolate and an old-time favourite book of yours.

Sadly, you couldn’t go with your friends to visit the Christmas markets last year because you didn’t feel well. It was such a shame but you really needed to get better to function properly and enjoy the holidays without getting another infection. This awful experience made you wait for this year’s markets even more impatiently, especially because it was the first Christmas with your ever-so-lovely boyfriend – the one and only Park Jimin.

You two had met due to Taehyung – a friend of your friend’s friend – who invited both of you to his birthday party. Honestly, you knew only a handful of people there due to the fact that you signed up for the same classes but you wouldn’t say that you knew them well. Jimin felt the same way and you two ended up bumping into each other in the garden under the oak tree, watching the snowfall while getting to know each other. Maybe that’s why you wanted snow so eagerly this year but it was to no avail. Snow was nowhere to be seen.

Since then, you two had started dating and officially became a couple in March, your love for him growing bigger and stronger every single day. You swore Park Jimin was an angel in disguise – there was nothing he wouldn’t do for his girlfriend, therefore you felt blessed to have a guy like him by your side.

His only flaw was that he was a perfectionist and wanted to make everything perfect – sometimes to that extent that you had to stop him from overreacting things. You managed to reassure him that you would love him with all his imperfections. In fact, you would be more than happy to see those imperfections (because you had way too many yourself), so he loosened up a bit.

He had changed a lot though. You did too. Maybe that’s what love made people do without them realising.

Small wonder why you were so worked up this year and couldn’t stop grinning when you two started your little walk along the wooden houses. You had made sure to have enough money on you and to wrap up well because of the chilly weather conditions; you forgot only one little thing.

“Honey, your hands are freezing!” Jimin shrieked as he caught sight of your slightly blue hands. Yep, you forgot to bring your gloves because that was you; you always forgo

Please log in to read the full chapter