My head got confused

A December story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong. Day 365

 

It is not the first time I'am moved by her words, by how she say things.

She’s always saying things that make me shudder.

 

We were talking for a while, when checking my phone I noticed there were only a few more minutes left for the year.

"Bbom-ah, do you have any new Year's resolutions?" I asked, curious.

"Yeah. I want to travel a lot. I have a full list of places I want to visit and food that I want to try." …Does that list include London?... "and you?"

"I want to take real vacations, leave work aside, turn off the phone and just enjoy." 

"Have you never taken a vacation?" she asked in disbelief

I shook my head, it was true. There was a silence between us.

 

"Since you asked about the resolutions, how about the remorses of the past year?" she tried to broke the invisible tension in the air.

I kept thinking for a moment. And there's something chasing me, it pops out inmediately and it is guilt.

"I've lied a lot." Even to myself. And I keep doing it. "yours?"

"I thought too much. Don’t look at me like that!..." She defended herself becuase I looked at her not believing for a minute what she said. 

"I mean, I've become a coward, looking for the safe path and fearing the consequences" she continued saying.

It's interesting, I have also been like that, all my life.

 

In the patio, the crowd began to be louder. Annually my family make a countdown out there.

"Should we go down?" she said, but… If this year it will go away, I will let the remorse go too.

"No. Bbom-ah, would you do me a favor?" She nodded confused. "Kiss Me. For the last time. Before the end of this year. After that, we’ll go downstairs to talk with my parents and we will return each one to their path"

Some silly tears threatened to get out.

 

I thought she wouldn’t do it bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter