The first of many Holidays

Our First Christmas

A/N: Hello readers, so it will be Christmas soon and I hope for those of you who celebrate have a great one. I just wanted some sort of Seulrene one shot in honor of Christmas. This will hopefully be a cute, newly married Seulrene on their first christmas. Enjoy


 

It was the first Christmas, as a married couple for, Joohyun and her wife Seulgi. They have been in one another’s lives since they were teens, dating exclusively for many years. They had even gone through a painful breakup back in college. The two had gone as far as dating other people in order to try to get over one another. Only it didn’t work, and made them long to be together again. The separation forced them to realize they only wanted to be with one another. They were never happy with the people they were dating, not truly. Eventually, those other relationships came to an end, and with time, Seulgi and Joohyun found their way back to one another.

 

Here they are, happily married and spending their first Christmas together as married people. Or rather they will as soon as, Joohyun can wake her other half up. Seulgi has always been like a bear in hibernation, as she sleeps just like one and has the adorable teddy bear face to match. The smaller brunette sits up in bed and her face. She’s always thought, Seulgi was the most beautiful and cutest person to her. And, she’s grateful to be able to wake up with her every morning in this way. Especially, when once upon a time it might not have been possible.

 

“Seul, wake up.” She whispers softly with kisses to her lips. As expected, Seulgi doesn’t wake up. Joohyun smiles and kisses her adorable, round ears next. Her dark-haired partner continues to sleep on though. It’s Christmas and Seulgi should really be awake. So, that they can enjoy the day together. They spent last night decorating their tree, baking cookies, even belting out Christmas songs together. It was fun, sweet, silly and romantic how, Seulgi kept on purposely trying to get her under the mistletoe. So, they could kiss. Not that, Joohyun was complaining, though. She would kiss Seulgi anytime, anywhere, and anyplace.

 

“Yeobo.” The brunette calls the loving pet name for her wife. “It’s Christmas morning and I need you to be awake with me.”
 

Slowly monolid eyes flutter open, and the dark-haired woman carefully focuses onto her wife. A small, tender smile graces her lips. Then, Seulgi rubs her fingers through her hair.

 

“Hey, good morning, Hyunnie.”

 

“Good morning, sweetie. How'd you sleep?"

 

Seulgi nods. She always sleeps well when her wife is besides her. Everyday she is grateful that Joohyun is her wife, and that they can spend the rest of their lives together. And, oh it’s Christmas. They should be celebrating.

 

“Hyunnie, it’s Christmas. What are we doing still in bed! Let’s go.” Seulgi excitedly gets up and pulls her wife along, Joohyun can’t help but to laugh at how excited Seulgi is right now. She’s really like a child and the brunette finds her too adorable per usual.

 

“Honey, slow down, okay.” Joohyun takes her by the arm gently. Before pulling her into a kiss. The taller woman happily accepts the kiss, and they break away at the same time.

 

“Mm, what was that for?”

 

“I always get my morning kiss, Seul. Now, do you want to open presents first or breakfast?”

 

Before, Seulgi can tell her that she wants to open gifts now. Her stomach grumbles right on cue. The brunette chuckles and kisses her cheek.

 

“Alright, breakfast it is.”

 

They walk hand in hand to the kitchen. Joohyun can barely start cooking as, Seulgi keeps kissing her neck and back hugging her. It feels good, only it’s very distracting.

 

“Yeobo, I can’t cook like this.” The shorter woman lets out a laugh.

 

“Sorry, but you’re so y in the morning, like this.”

 

“Oh, so I’m only y when I’m cooking for you.”

 

Seulgi sneaks one more kiss, before whispering. “You’re y all the time, Hyunnie.”

 

That makes, Joohyun blush very red, but urges Seulgi to sit down so she can focus. Instead of sitting down though Seulgi goes into the living room. She reaches into the purple stocking with Joohyun’s name on it. She hid a small gift there while they were decorating their tree. There’s no reason for her wife not to have at least one gift now. When she enters the kitchen there is some food on the table and tea.

 

“Hey, I’m almost done okay baby.”

 

“Can I give you one of your gifts now, Hyunnie?”

 

“Now? We were going to open them together, Seul."

 

“We will, this is just something little I picked up. Can I put it on for you?”

 

Never able to deny her wife anything at all. She nods and Seulgi tells her to turn around and close her eyes. What she feels next is, Seulgi placing a necklace on and leaving a gentle kiss on the back of her neck. Joohyun has to suppress her moan. It’s hard, though as Seulgi’s lips feel so good anywhere on her skin.

 

“Open your eyes.”

 

 She does to see a gorgeous, diamond necklace that has a heart shaped pendant in the center. She takes one look at her wife and immediately kisses her.

 

“Seul, baby, this is so pretty. You didn’t have to.”

 

“Hey, anything for you, keeper of my heart.”

 

The monolid woman tells her so softly that, Joohyun has to hold back her tears. Instead, she kisses her much harder, whispering how much she loves her. Seulgi nods against her and tells her she loves her more. They sit to breakfast and Joohyun per usual happily feeds her. With, Seulgi also feeding her right after. They are really in that honeymoon stage with one another. Joohyun wipes the chocolate syrup from her lips wife’s chin and cheek. One thing that will never change. No, matter how long they’re together, will be how messy an eater Seulgi is.

 

“Seul, we could be married 20 years and, you’ll still be so messy.”

 

“I know, sorry. I hope that we’re married for much longe, Hyunnie.”

 

The smaller woman nods. She hopes for that too. She wants to grow old with Seulgi and spend the rest of her life with her. She wants to raise a family together, and if they are lucky perhaps see grandchildren one day too.

 

“I know I’m going to be married to you for a long time, Seulgi."

 

“Me too.”

 

They don’t get to open presents right away. As they get phone calls from their parents, friends and other family members. Joohyun speaks to her best friend Yongsun, while some of Seulgi’s overly friendly coworkers call and it annoys the hell out of Joohyun. Married or not, her bear is always oblivious to people’s advances.

 

When Seulgi looks like she’s about to sit and have a conversation. Joohyun takes the phone and hangs up.

 

“Hey, Hyun, why’d you do that?”

 

“You know the people you work with. They want you and I don’t like it.”

 

The monolid woman chuckles. Her wife is always such a jealous little bunny. She’s always been this way. Super jealous even now when she doesn’t have to be. Seulgi expects it from her.

 

“Aigoo, honey why are you still so jealous. When I married you, Hyunnie.” Seulgi cups her cheeks and kisses her forehead lovingly.

 

“You’re mine that’s why.”

 

“Of course I am. Now, let’s open presents.”

 

As a child, it was always fun ripping into brightly colored paper to find out what sort of present she would get, Joohyun thinks to herself. She and Seulgi are adults, married adults but it doesn’t get old. Seulgi watches as her wife’s eyes light up opening packages and folding up the purple wrapping paper. No doubt to save because it’s purple. Seulgi gifts her with plushies, dresses, a charm bracelet with her birthstone, and brand new purple stationary as Joohyun adores anything with the color purple.

 

“Baby, thank you everything here is what I wanted, or needed.”

 

“See, Hyunnie I listen to you.”

 

“Sometimes, open my gifts to you okay.”

 

Seulgi’s gifts are wrapped in yellow wrapping paper. The monolid woman sees a limited edition, Pringles blanket set and mug, a new art set equipped with brushes, art pens, sketch pads, and all the things, Seulgi has been running out of lately. Then there is another box. Seulgi eyes it curiously to see there is a homemade scrapbook. When the dark-haired woman looks there are pictures, saved receipts from milestone dates, and even the photo from their last date before their breakup. It is essentially a memory book of their entire relationship.

 

“Oh, Hyunnie this is very sweet. It’s like all of our memories together. Hey, even our first baseball date is in here, and from when we broke up, too."

 

Joohyun nods and takes both of her hands. She included the bad things only to serve as a reminder that they went through rough times, and they are stronger for it.

 

“These are all of our memories, honey. Even from the time we were just best friends. Our breakup too, since it was such an important time for us, but we found our way back to one another.  I’m hoping now that we’re married we can keep adding all sorts of new ones.”

 

Seulgi nods, wiping some stray tears away. They will have plenty of time to make more memories with one another. The taller woman leans over and kisses her, whispering how much she loves her, and that the scrapbook idea was meaningful in many ways.

 

“Well, we opened gifts, spoke to our family and friends. Now…” Only, Joohyun is currently looking out of the window and it’s snowing. Seulgi follows her line of sight to see it is indeed starting to snow. They both hurry to the front door and stand outside together to watch. It wasn’t their first snowfall together. They have seen the first snow many times. It’s a little different now that they are married. Joohyun feels Seulgi wrap an arm around her. She leans into her and places her head onto her shoulder.

 

“Our first snow as a married couple.” Seulgi mentions.

 

“I know. We’ve seen this so many times together while we dated. It’s a little more special today, though. I always knew we were soulmates, Seul. I never worried that we wouldn’t be together forever.”

 

“I couldn’t be with anyone else but you, Hyunnie. I love you more than anything.”

 

They head back inside because both are in the mood for some hot chocolate with extra marshmallows for Seulgi’s cup. Joohyun knows exactly what her wife wants without ever having to ask. Only before she could go to the kitchen. The monolid woman grabs her and spins her around to face her.

 

“Seul?”

 

“Mistletoe Hyunnie.” She chuckles before pulling her lips into another kiss. Joohyun happily kisses her other half back, with the same amount of passion and intensity. They break away soon and the brunette her cheek.

 

“Seulgi-yah, sweetie?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“We’re not under the mistletoe.” Joohyun helpfully points out and all Seulgi does is nod before kissing her again. Joohyun doesn’t need the excuse of mistletoe to kiss her bear like wife though. When they end their kiss Seulgi is smiling.

 

“I just wanted to kiss you, Hyunnie. I get to kiss you whenever I want. All time under mistletoe to or not, because you’re my wife and I love you. Merry Christmas, Hyun.”

 

“Merry Christmas, Seulgi, I love you and I look forward to many more Christmas days with you.”

 

A/N: I hope this was okay to read. And happy holiday's to everyone ^^