Fin

This Christmas
Dear Santa, 

This year is one of my most unluckiest year ever. 

My mom died after a tree collapse onto her.

My dad, unable to cope the lost, changed and became a drinker.

He died-went high and jumped off a cliff.

I don't have anyone left.

I am all alone.

I don't wish to have extravagant items as usual.

Neither am i going to ask you to make them alive again.

Its not possible.

Death is inevitable.

Even if you revive them from the dead, they are still going to die anyways.

As i mentioned, i am all alone in this lonely forest.

So,

This Christmas, I wish for someone to be by my side.

From Jung Eunha.

Eunha capped her pen, folded the paper nicely, went out and placed the letter on the floor, making sure that there was a rock holding the paper firmly onto ground. She looked up and sighed before heading back to her little cottage. This is a routine that she would always do at least a week before Christmas. She believed in Santa Clause even though many said it was fake. No. She knew it was real. Every year, she would request little stuff by writing onto a piece of paper and placing it onto the floor. All her request came true. Maybe some kind soul happened to see the paper, read it and decided to help out. Eunha had that thought before. Still she was at least grateful someone bothered granting it. But then again, she lived in a secluded area so not many people would bother passing the area.

***

It was Christmas. Eunha looked at the skies to see a light snowfall. Wah.. it's beautiful... how i wish someone could watch it with me... "Knock knock.." Eunha heard someone faintly knocking on the door. If not the house was super quiet, Eunha might not have heard it. Puzzled, Eunha slowly walked towards the door, afraid that it was some bad people. It had been many years since someone had knocked on the door. Eunha gently open the door and took a peek outside, to find no one. She opened the door abit more and scanned around. There was not a single soul in sight. Did i hear wrongly? Eunha thought. She turned around and was about to enter but the hind of her feet knocked onto something. She spun back and looked onto the floor. "My God!" Eunha gasped as she saw a woman with thin clothes laid at the doorstep of her cottage, passed out. She quickly bended down and tried to shake the woman but Eunha retracted back her hands. Her body it's freezing. Eunha quickly helped the woman onto her feet and tried her best to bring the woman to the fireplace. 

It took a while, but finally Eunha managed to. Gently, she placed the body down and quickly placed some woods into the fireplace and struck a firematch. A warm fire started. Eunha pushed a poor sofa near to the fireplace and laid the body onto the sofa. Draping some blankets over the body, Eunha studied the woman. She had long black hair, flawless white face, long limbs. Eunha smiled to herself. Cute. Eunha placed two hands onto the woman's pulse area. It was slow, she could also hear the faint shallow breathing as the body shivered slightly from time to time. Eunha monintored the woman from time to time. The woman's temperature seemed to be increasing. Eunha heaved a sigh of relieve. She surely did not want to witness another death this year. Right! She must be hungry after she wakes up. I should start preparing some food for her.

***

"Argh..." A groan was heard. Eunha immediately scampered towards the woman who was looking around. Eunha was met with a confused pair of eyes. Trying not to scare her, Eunha approached her slowly and smiled. "Are you feeling better?" Eunha asked.

The woman jumped and looked at Eunha. "Where am i?" She asked weakly. "Oh, you are in my house. You knocked on my door and when i opened, you had already pass out on the ground. Your body was super cold so i helped to warm it up. How are you feeling?" Eunha explained to the woman who seemed to remembered something. "I feel a little bit cold. That's all i guess. Thank you for saving me.” The woman bowed down a little.

"Ah right! You must be hungry now. I cooked porridge with some pieces of meat and egg. Please wait here.” At the cue of Eunha’s words, the woman’s stomach begun to rumble and Eunha laughed. “Alright. I will hurry up.” Eunha giggled and went into the kitchen. The woman feeling embarrassed, could only blush. She looked around, to realise despite only made of only a few stuff, the cottage feels warm.

"There here you go.” Eunha came back with a bowl of steaming porridge. The woman tried extending her hands to take the bowl of porridge but the moment her hands came out from the blanket that she was hugging, cold immediately brush across her hands, making her retract her hands back into the blanket. “ Cold..” The woman rubbed her arms vigorously to keep it warm. “I’ll feed you then. Open your mouth.” Eunha offered, which the woman complied. The moment the porridge hit her tongue, the woman widen her eyes. “This is awesome! It’s so tasty!” The woman complimented and smiled. Blushing, Eunha muttered, “thank you.” 

***

The both of them stayed in the warm house to chat. By the fireplace, the woman found out about Eunha’s parents and Eunha found out that the woman was lost and did not have enough clothes to protect herself from the cold, so she passed out. 

"I just realised. I haven't ask for your name. I'm Jung Eunha. 21 years old." Eunha introduced. "Sowon. 23 years old." The woman introduced herself. "Ahh..." eunha said and looked out of the windows. The snow has died down and there was a clear blue sky above. Eunha grinned at it and turned to Sowon. "Say, do you want to have a snow fight?" Eunha slyly suggested. Sowon grinned back as well. It had been a long while since she last had a snow fight. "I'm in." 

Eunha grabbed Sowon by her hands, entangle it with hers and dragged her out of the cottage, and to a clearer place-What a cute smooth small hands she have. She let Eunha drag her to the place while she zoned out thinking about Eunha.

"Wah... it's so beautiful.." Sowon murmured once they had reached the place. It was nothing much, just a clear field of snow. But together with the clear blue sky, it was really a eye catching place. She was absorbing the breath taking scenery that she did not noticed that Eunha had long unwind their hands and went off somewhere.

"Look out!" Sowon turned her head and was met with a huge boulder of snow. Unprepared, she was sent knocking down onto the fluffy snow. "Argh.." She groaned. After seeing that, Eunha was worried about Sowon and quickly ran over. "Sowon! Are you okay? Sorry.. i got a little to excited." Eunha apologised and quickly checked sowon's face. Making sure that Sowon did not get any injuries, Eunha looked up into Sowon's eyes to find it right infront of her. In less than a second, Eunha was drowning under Sowon's eye contact. She felt her breath hitched as she continued to be  into Sowon's beautiful chocolate orbs. Sowon was the same, studying Eunha’s round blue doe eyes. This isn’t not right but why does it feel good? Sowon thought. 

Eunha was the first one to regain her senses. Quickly pushing Sowon, she got up hastily and looked everywhere but Sowon. I feel weird. Eunha thought. Sowon was also rather embarrassed about the almost kissing incident. Both of them looked away from each other, creating an awkward atmosphere. Sowon was the first to break it. “Let’s forget about earlier.” Eunha turned to look at Sowon, relieved. “Alright. That wasn’t me just now.

“In that case..” Before Eunha knew it, Sowon had threw a big ball of snow. “Yah! Not fair!” Eunha shouted and threw back a big block of snow. And that was how their snow fight begun. Hurling pieces of snow at each other while laughing, Eunha felt happiness. She felt complete again. It was like a lost piece of map Eunha found to have a complete life. As for Sowon, she felt  warmth. A different kind of warmth. It felt great. 

“That was one hell of a snow fight. I really enjoyed myself.” Eunha panted as she laid on the soft snow, looking at the sky.  “Hmm.. I guessing really loved it.” Sowon replied as she plopped down beside Eunha. “The sky looks beautiful tonight. Maybe because I have someone to be with.” Eunha sighed. “It’s really beautiful. Like you.” Eunha mindlessly added. Sowon face changed into a shade of deep pink. Luckily, it was already dark, so Eunha could not see Sowon’s face clearly. Flustered, Sowon stuttered. “Thanks. You too.” 

“Do you think Santa Clause is real?” Eunha pipped up. Sowon pretended to think for a while as Eunha stared at her expectantly. Gosh! Eunha! You look cute staring at me like this. I’m going to pass out with the cuteness you have. “Actually,” Sowon started. She could see the excited look Eunha had on her face. “I think they are real.” Eunha eyes widen. “Really?” Sowon nodded her head. “Kyaaaa! That’s awesome! I finally found someone who believes in them!” Eunha shouted and raised both her feet up in the air and kicked the air like a baby-Tell me that it’s not wrong to fall in love with her. She is just too cute to resist. 

“Say, do you have a Boyfriend?” Sowon asked. Eunha stared at Sowon before sighing. “Nah.. I never lived else where other than here, people rarely pass by here so I haven’t got a chance to date anyone.” Sowon thought carefully. “Then, do you want to date someone?” Eunha hummed in respond, making Sowon smile. I got a small chance. “Do you think I can be your girlfriend then? Not in the friend  form but in the relationship one.” “Maybe..” Eunha replied without much thought. 

Sowon grinned. “Then, can I be your girlfriend?” Sowon asked while looking straight into Eunha’s eyes. “What?” Eunha shouted. She was taken aback by the sudden confession. She knew her feelings. She knew that she loved spending time with Sowon even though it was a short amount of time. But she did not know if she liked Sowon more than a friend. “I-I...” Eunha did not know how to reply. 

Seeing Eunha in a difficult position, Sowon got up and leaned towards Eunha, making sure that Eunha only saw her. Eunha felt her heart beating faster and she tried to push Sowon away, but Sowon did not move an inch. Their faces were so close that Eunha could feel the hot breath Sowon emitted out. “Do I make you crazy like this?” Sowon whispered huskily, sending shivers down Eunha’s spine. She felt helpless in that state. But Sowon was right, it made her feel crazy. She was never more  sure of her feelings in her life. Slowly, Eunha nodded her head, drowned in Sowon’s eyes. “Now, are you sure about your feelings?” Sowon said seducingly. Dumbly, Eunha nodded her head. She had confirmed the feelings already. 

Sowon leaned even closer and Eunha closed her eyes. But there was no kiss, except that Sowon placed her forehead against hers. “What is your decision?” Sowon asked, lips brushing against Eunha’s nose. By then, Eunha had completely fallen for Sowon. “I love you. Sowon.” Eunha released a breath she unknowingly held in. Sowon smiled at Eunha before leaning in, crashing her lips against hers. Both of their world sparked. It was a small yet passionate one, but it grew into a deeper one when Sowon gained more courage and poured out all her emotions into it. Eunha felt herself melting in Sowon’s luscious lips, the cold wind that once bothered Eunha was now gone and forgotten. The tip of Sowon’s tongue brushed across Eunha’s lips, continuously and hungrily, and Eunha opened  a little for Sowon to gain access to . 

Breathless, they broke the kiss. Sowon was the first to pull out. “No.. this is wrong.” Sowon said. “What do you mean?” Eunha asked. "I-I shouldn't do this.. i'm sorry." Sowon apologised and bowed repeatedly. Sowon ah! What has gotten into you? You are not suppose to be in love for god sake! Well done. Now you have committed a grave sin. Sowon mentally scolded herself. 

Sowon felt a warm pair of hands wrapping itself around her waist. "It's not wrong to love someone.." Eunha whispered and rubbed Sowon's back. “I know.. but this is different. You won’t understand.” Sowon sighed. “Let’s go back alright?” Sowon said before Eunha could say anything. “Are you staying with me?” Eunha asked softly. Sowon had heard it but pretended that she had not and ignored Eunha. Hand in hand, they walked back to the cozy cottage in silence. Maybe it was a little awkward, but none of them seemed to take note.

"We are back! Hurry enter or else you would freeze again!” Eunha said and pulled Sowon in with her but the latter seemed to be stuck right in her spot. “Eung? What’s wrong?” Eunha asked when she noticed that Sowon had not moved. “Eunha. I need to go.” Sowon whispered after a moment of silence. “Why? You said you were lost. Tomorrow let’s get you out of here.” Eunha calmly said.

"That was a lie.” 

“What?” 

“Do you remember what you requested for Christmas? You wished for someone to be with you. Your wish came true. I was sent to accompany you for this Christmas” Sowon explained. “Sowon... if you are sent, then why can’t you stay at least a night?” Eunha asked, her once calm composure was now almost gone. The tears that betray her came falling from her eyes.

"Because, you only stated to have someone by your side for this Christmas. 25 Dec is almost gone. There is one hour left from 26 Dec. You get it? If only you put one more day in the request...” Sowon bitterly said.

Eunha didn’t bother wiping her tears any longer. Stepping closer to Sowon, she hugged Sowon and cried loudly. Sowon  warmly circled her arms around Eunha’s tiny body, letting Eunha cry. They were like this for a while, hiccuping sounds from Eunha occasionally, filled the silent air. Sowon pulled Eunha’s body apart and wiped the tear stain on her cheeks. “Would I get to see you again?” Eunha asked sadly. “Yes, if you request again next year.”

“Let me show you something nice.” 

Sowon whistled a melodic tone. “Ding ding..” a array of sounds came from the sky. At first, it was just a faint shadow of a herd of animals, but as the shadow got closer, Eunha realised it was actually reindeers with a red cloak and a leash with a bell. “Reindeers! Woah! They look far magnificent than I thought.” Eunha stared at the superior creature with jaws agape as it got nearer to her. Finally, they landed right in front of her. Eunha turned to Sowon, not believing her eyes. “Am I dreaming? What is this?” 

Sowon stepped forward and kissed Eunha’s nose. “This is not a dream.” Sowon stepped back and walked towards the reindeers. “It was nice knowing you Eunha. But I need to go since I have already fulfilled your wish.”

Sowon climbed onto one of the reindeers and smiled. “I am Sowon, Santa Clause great granddaughter. See you.” With that, Sowon whispered something to the reindeers and in an instant, they had disappeared in the air, galloping at a high speed, bells ringing faintly.

"See you next year Sowon.” Eunha whispered and went back to her cottage, crying.

***

"I will.” Sowon softly said as she advanced back to her homeland.