Feelings and Confusion

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After running away from Yerin, SinB didn’t exactly know how she ended up being back in their house in Slovenia. All she could remember was that, she went inside their car and nodded to whatever their personal driver was saying. But at least, she was grateful being home, where she could be alone and think about everything that has been bothering her, especially for what she did.

 

She was a mess, to say at least. She couldn’t explain how she felt nor couldn’t stop herself from feeling those emotions. Emotions she couldn’t even figure out which one was stronger. All that she could say was that, those emotions intensify every time the image of what happened flashed inside her head. She felt attacked. She just couldn’t figure out if she felt attacked by those emotions in a good way or the other way around. Simply because, guilt was slowly growing inside her.

 

She kissed Yerin but she has a girlfriend. What made it worse was that, no matter how she convinced herself that what she did was completely wrong and shouldn’t have happened, it just felt right. Her mind was telling her that kissing the older girl was absolutely a mistake but her heart felt different. She did a mistake but it felt good. Maybe, that was what made her guilt become stronger.

 

She took out her phone and stared at her girlfriend’s name for a few minutes. She was hesitating if it was the right time to tell Umji. She was still confused and uncertain about what she really felt but thinking that talking with Umji will help her a lot, she decided to try her luck. She released a deep breath before finally calling her girl.  She wasn’t nervous but she felt uneasy.

 

After a few rings, Umji finally picked up the phone.

 

“Hey…” SinB muttered, trying to be casual.

 

[SinB? It’s already past midnight, why are you still awake?] Umji answered. SinB expected her voice to be sleepy and hoarse but it seemed like Umji had been awake too.

 

“I just got home from the ball…” SinB said and she couldn’t help but to gulp remembering what happened, it kept on flashing inside her head. She felt her face heating up again. “U-Uhh, you, why are you still awake?”

 

[Still need to finish these paper works—]

 

“You should be resting—“

 

[I’m having enough rest, don’t worry]

 

“How can I not wor—“ Umji cut her off again.

 

[I’m fine, don’t worry okay? How about you? Why are you calling at this hour?]

 

“U-Uhh, about that…” SinB felt herself stiffening, her hands started to sweat. “C-Can we talk?” SinB asked but the other girl failed to hear it, not only because SinB’s voice was almost inaudible but something else was distracting Umji from the call.

 

[I’m sorry?] She said and it was obvious that her attention wasn’t with SinB anymore. SinB hopelessly sighed and just gulped the words that were stuck inside .

 

“Are you busy?” SinB asked but Umji wasn’t answering anymore, probably doing something important, more important than her. “Okay, I guess I’ll just call you next ti— *toot-toot*“ The call ended before she could even finish speaking.

 

She gave out a deep sigh and put down her phone as she made herself comfortable on the couch. She closed her eyes due to confusion and at the same time, feeling frustrated because of what was happening. She was frustrated that she herself couldn’t figure out her own feelings, that she herself was also extremely confused. More importantly she was frustrated because she doesn’t know how she will face the consequences of what she did.

 

“I think I’m messed up.” She muttered. She then opened her eyes and was about to stand up to get a can of beer when someone suddenly appeared in front of her causing her to gasp in surprise.

 

“Yeah, you sure are.” Eunha said as she shook her head in disappointment. She then handed SinB a green bottle which SinB assumed an alcoholic drink. She wasn’t sure since she couldn’t read the label but when the bitter taste reached her tongue, she sure knew that the drink has high alcohol content.

 

Eunha sat down beside SinB as she also took a sip from her bottle. She then sighed deeply as she removed her shoes. After successfully doing so, she placed her feet on the small table in front of them. “I saw what happened.”

 

SinB looked at her to see if she was serious but seeing the other girl staring at nothing just made her feel worse. She looked away and guzzled her drink. “I’m sorry unnie…” She muttered.

 

“Why are you apologizing to me?” Eunha asked and sighed. “I’m not affected to what you did.”

 

“I know. I just felt the need to say it.”

 

“I know you tried to talk to Umji though, I heard it. Unfortunately, she’s busy to hear you out.” Eunha could understand how SinB felt. She felt bad for her knowing that SinB wanted to sort things out but things just weren’t helping. She couldn’t blame Umji though, the girl has her priorities. It was just sad that the youngest was losing time for her girl because of too much attention to those priorities.

 

“Unnie… what should I do…” SinB said as she ran a hand through her hair. She sounded so stressed and disarrayed. For a long time, Eunha had never seen her like this and it was depressing for her seeing her friend in such state. But all that she could do was stay there for SinB and be all ears.

 

 

“You, what does your heart want to do?” She asked and stared at the younger girl, trying to read her expression.

 

“My heart is not reliable as my mind, unnie. Everything is just so confusing.”

 

---

 

Yerin blankly sat on her bed feeling her whole body being tired and her thoughts full of confusion. What happened earlier during the ball was still fresh and seemed like it would take time for her to forget it. Especially when it gave her a hell of mixed and overwhelming emotions, sure it will be carved inside her head.

 

She lay down on the bed, still wearing her gown and heels, and stared blankly at the ceiling. She slowly touched her lips with her fingers remembering how soft SinB’s lips felt like, then again, her stomach starts to feel whirly. Sure, she had already kissed SinB before because of their marriage, but this time, it just felt so— …completely different.

 

She couldn’t sleep because just like SinB, she was a mess. She didn’t wait for the ball to be over and immediately headed back to her room after meeting some important people. When she walked by SinB’s room earlier, she wondered if the girl was inside. She stood there for a minute before heading to her own room. She thought that maybe, SinB wanted to be alone. She wanted to be alone too, but there was just something inside her that urged her to go and see the girl.

 

So after a few minutes of hesitating again, she stood up and changed to her casual clothes before going out. Her thoughts were flying as she walked towards SinB’s hotel room. She didn’t know what she will say but still proceeded.

 

She took a deep breath before lifting her hand to knock at the door but her fist stayed in the air for a whole minute, unable to move. Instead, she ran her fingers through her hair as she closed her eyes, trying to find the courage she had just a few minutes ago. It seemed like she suddenly changed her mind. She slapped her forehead and turned around to lean against the door. Everything was confusing her. She couldn’t think straight nor decide about what she should do. For a moment, she felt stupid— beyond stupid.

 

After a few minutes, she face palmed and sighed before standing straight. She was about to walk away but a hotel staff suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

“Excuse me Miss Jung?” He approached Yerin and bowed. “Are you looking for Miss SinB?”

 

“H-Ha? U-Uh Yeah. I g-guess.” Yerin stuttered as she rubbed her nape.

 

“She isn’t here anymore Miss Jung. I saw her leaving the place earlier.” The staff then bowed at her and muttered an excuse to accommodate some guests.

 

Yerin suddenly felt worried. SinB was probably alone and wandering anywhere. She might be lost considering that she wasn’t familiar with the place.

 

She decided to call their driver but when she took out her phone, a message popped up.

 

Eunha: I’m with SinB. You might be worried, don’t worry she’s safe. We’re back in Slovenia so you better follow here, okay?

 

After reading the message, Yerin immediately went back to her room and prepared to leave. She should be taking the opportunity to be alone and reflect for the time being but she couldn’t stay there, her whole system was telling her to go back to their house.

 

---

 

“When are you planning to show yourself?” Chaeyeon asked as she gave Yuju a can of beer.

 

“They will be back in a few days so probably a week after. I still need to make sure that everything’s going to work.” Yuju replied as she looked up at the stars above them.

 

“How about SinB? When are you gonna talk to her?"

 

“I’m still not sure yet but not so soon, they will still be probably tired days after their trip. But I’m sure SinB won’t be a problem, she’s always supportive you know.” Yuju then looked at her friend and smiled sweetly. “So… are you gonna come and help me with this?”

 

“I know you can manage this, Yuju-yah. I believe in you.” Chaeyeon replied, trying to hide her disappointment. She wanted to be always with Yuju but she knew that once the girl starts her plans, it will only cause her pain seeing Yuju with Yerin again.

 

“At least moral support?” Yuju hopefully asked as she took a step closer and showed her puppy eyes to her friend. “Chaeyeonnie~”

 

“That won’t work on me, Choi Yuna. Besides, Dad asked me to accompany him next week. I’ll be away.”

 

Yuju only pouted and shot a disappointed look at Chaeyeon as she stepped away from the girl. Chaeyeon only giggled and chugged down her beer. 'I wish Dad really asked me. At least I'll be preoccupied while you're with Yerin.' She thought.

 

---

 

“You’re here.” Yerin almost jumped hearing Eunha the moment she entered their house. She thought that the girl would be asleep considering that it was already really late. “I thought you’ll wait for tomorrow.”

 

“Is SinB asleep already?” Yerin asked ignoring Eunha’s remark. She then walked towards the couch in front of the other girl and dropped her body against it, she was so exhausted physically.

 

Eunha sighed and handed her the bottle of beer she was holding. “You look so stressed and tired. Here, this will help you fall asleep faster.”

 

“Thanks but at this rate, I don’t think I can fall asleep even though influenced by alcohol.” Yerin said but still grabbed the bottle without thinking twice. “Why are you here by the way? Did you come with SinB?”

 

“No, I followed her.” Yerin nodded and proceeded to drink her beer. “I saw the kiss.” Hearing what the other girl said, Yerin choked on her drink as her cheeks immediately heated up. Just as when she decided not to think about that yet, Eunha just had to bluntly remind her. She awkwardly gulped and wiped the corner of . She then sat up straight and focused her attention on the floor like it was the most interesting object at the moment.

 

“Yah, Jung Yerin. You are acting like a sinned kid. Stop that.” Eunha said and shot a look at the older girl who was suddenly in her reddest state. Yerin looked like a kid who got caught breaking her Mom’s limited edition vase from England. “I couldn’t blame SinB though, I saw the whole scene and it was just so romantic.” Eunha’s every word made Yerin’s heart rate increase and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter