CH 1

(Not) Resisting Temptation

"I told you, hyung. You can't keep doing this."

Hoseok has to fight the urge to roll his eyes, knowing that'd only serve to worsen the mood of his nagging little dongsaeng.

"This is the third human we've had to Wipe this week... When are you going to learn that it's easier for everyone to stick to the diet than put up with this game??" Kihyun sighs, exhaustion clear in his eyes as he flops down on the bed beside Hyungwon, who instantly curls up around him.

"Give him a break, hyung," Hyungwon mutters, obviously only half-awake despite it being well passed sunset. There's a loud yawn before he adds, "He gave the diet a try before, and didn't like it. I can't really blame him, after all. Just let him do what he wants. Only one vampire feeding on the populace is better than four, don't you think?"

"Zero is better than one," Kihyun grumbles, clearly not wanting to concede. Hyungwon groans in annoyance, and Hoseok turns just to see the lanky man turning away from his impossible boyfriend. He gives a single, loud chuckle at the sight, his impossibly-sharp canines.

"At least I'm doing better," Hoseok defends, giving Kihyun a half-shrug. "Used to, we'd have to Wipe at least a dozen humans' minds before the end of the week. Now, the weekend is here and it's only been three. Before you know it, I'll have it down to zero, just like you want." Kihyun sits up at this, shooting Hoseok a glare venomous enough to stop his heart... if it were still beating.

"It better be," the dark-haired male grumbles, turning on his side to hug Hyungwon close. Hoseok turns away, deciding it much better to watch what passes for entertainment in this century than watching those two cuddle for a couple hours before deciding to make out... again.

Too bad Minhyukkie's on vacation, Hoseok mentally sighs, stretching out on the beaten-up sofa. At least he's able to keep Kihyunnie off my back... He pouts at the television as he thinks, his lips to remind himself of the delicious taste of the human he'd been dining on only hours ago. If only Kihyun hadn't come home so soon, he could've gotten a bit more out of him before having to stop.

 

"I'm telling you, they're real!" Jooheon defends, waving his arms about wildly as he speaks. Changkyun watches his hyung worriedly, glancing around to make sure he isn't drawing too much attention to their table. "I saw one last night at the club!"

"Jooheonney," Hyunwoo chuckles, a fond smile quirking up his lips, "you really shouldn't watch horror movies anymore... They get into your head too much."

"First off, it's Kyunnie's fault I saw that last one, and second of all, it isn't because it was Fright Night," Jooheon defends with a pout. "Vampires are real and I saw one last night picking up some guy."

"Lucky guy," Changkyun comments jokingly, crossing his arms over his chest as he stares up wistfully at the night sky. it's been so long since he's gotten laid, he's almost forgotten what it feels like to give it to another man 'till he's pleading for release... Even his memories of such a feeling aren't enough to keep himself warm at night, anymore.

"Who's the lucky guy~?" a familiar voice asks. Changkyun doesn't even bother turning to see Minhyuk strutting up to their group, late as always. Talk about a frikkin' vampire, that's for sure. Minhyuk's dark hair contrasts so beautifully with his pale skin, and his presence is so intoxicating at times... Granted, more so for Jooheon than for Hyunwoo or Changkyun, but still. He even, at times, seems to have an almost telepathic control over people.

If vampires are real, Changkyun can't help but think that Minhyuk is definitely one of them.

"Some stranger that got picked up at a bar by a supposed vampire," Changkyun explains without looking down, knowing Jooheon is too busy swooning to be able to answer for himself. The youngest in the group finally breaks his gaze away from the stars to smirk teasingly at Jooheon as he adds, "Hyung is certain he saw a real-life vampire at the club last night."

"Ooo, what club?" Minhyuk asks, joining in on the tease as he throws an arm around Jooheon's shoulders. Jooheon pouts between his two friends, then glances to Hyunwoo for support.

"You believe me, don't you?" he asks hopefully. Minhyuk coos and pulls at his chubby cheeks, earning a whine of protest. Hyunwoo chuckles fondly at the sight, shrugging a single shoulder.

"Who knows," he begins glancing over to Minhyuk, "the night holds many secrets. Many that we couldn't even dream of... Don't you think so, Minhyukkie?" Minhyuk smirks at the older man, an expression Changkyun finds almost chilling. A silent exchange seems to pass between them, their gazes unreadable to anyone but themselves.

"I couldn't have said it better, hyung~" Minhyuk eventually says, a greasy smile spreading across his lips. Changkyun outright shivers at the sight, very much not accustomed to such an expression from the man who usually has such a sunny disposition. 

"C'mon," he suddenly interjects, the strange atmosphere setting a shiver down his spine. "I'm starving, and I heard this Italian place is pretty good. Maybe we can get Minhyuk-hyung to flirt with the waiter to give us some free wine." Minhyuk chuckles at this, gesturing as if he's about to flip his hair despite it not being long enough for him to.

"Just leave it to me, Kyunnie~"

Changkyun chuckles at the older man's typical eagerness, unable to keep himself from noting that he doesn't even bat an eye at the mention of Italian food, a type of cuisine notorious for the amount of garlic in it. Score one for Minhyuk in the human column.

He shakes such thoughts from his mind, blaming such an odd note of detail on the previous topic of conversation... After all, vampires aren't real.