a "little" interruption

alone - bsk + chv

it was the middle of an english lesson, seungkwan was sat with seokmin, trying to explain to him their task. hansol was sat a row behind them, flying through the work he had been given separately. hansol, apparently, was fluent in english but he had never spoken it to the class so most of them were skeptical and just assumed it was another thing hansol was perfect at.

the door of the classroom opened slightly and a young girl stepped in, probably no older than 16, she quietly introduced herself to the teacher and spoke to him for a second. most students went on with their work, not really all that interested, that is until the girl walked up to hansol's table.

"ver, can i talk to you?" she spoke quietly but seungkwan and seokmin heard loud and clear.

people looked towards the two but neither of them paid much attention to it.

"if you need to tell me something sofia, you can do it right here" hansol replied, but the two kept their conversation in english meaning not a lot of people really understood what was going on, seungkwan did manage to catch the girl's name though.

"vernon" the girl hesitated to look around the class

seungkwan kept his eyes on his work to avoid being seen eavesdropping, why was she calling him vernon?

"it's fine they don't understand for most of it" hansol mumbled, scribbling in his book.

"vernon, our aunt passed and mum wants you to come to the funeral, it's next week. please we haven't seen you in so long" sofia kept her voice quiet but nevertheless made it clear she was begging

hansol sighed and looked towards her "i'm busy so i'm not sure i'll be able to come, now can you please leave, you have classes too"

"ver please, i haven't seen you in forever" sofia begged, in korean this time.

"well you're seeing me right now" hansol snapped slightly but his eyes softened quickly after "i'll walk you out"

she agreed, nodding sadly and making her way out the class, hansol on her heels. sofia thanked the teacher with a bow and hansol walked her out.

from where seungkwan was sitting he could see them outside the class, through the little window in the door, still conversing,

hansol nodded and smiled at sofia, a smile seungkwan hadn't really had the pleasure to see before, a smile he wanted to see again. hansol hesitantly pulled her in for a hug and she complied, hugging back. after a few seconds they pulled away, hansol fixed her hair slightly before waving goodbye to her as she left. hansol looked towards where sofia stood moments before and sighed. he pulled himself together before walking back into the class and to his seat, avoiding the questioning frowns of his peers.

seungkwan thought to himself for a moment about what had just happened. he knew sofia had said something about their aunt. their aunt, therefore they must be related, possibly siblings. he also picked up on the name she had called him 'vernon' it sounded so weird to him, he only ever knew hansol as hansol. nothing else, hell he didn't even know his last name.

he had also heard hansol speaking english, and properly, no faked accent that he seemed to use in class. and not just two or three words. pure english, spoken in a way that can only be described as 'hansol'

sooner than expected, the bell rang signalling end of class and seungkwan snapped from his thoughts and started packing his things. as soon as he and seokmin were done, they left for the cafeteria. seungkwan's eyes couldn't help but follow hansol out of the room, and towards the library.

seungkwan had seen him in there plenty of times, sitting and reading up on something while occasionally taking a few notes, or seen him placing books on the shelves, from the little library cart. he admired the peace and quiet hansol seemed to live in; unlike seungkwans own loud and extravagant environment.

a part of him wanted hansol to be the calm in his hectic life but he quickly shoved the thought to the side, he barely knew hansol, he shouldn't be thinking like this.