[Final] - TGIMD

The Girl in My Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd person POV:

Jiyong is walking in the school’s hall way when he heard someone calling him.

“Hey Ji.” He turns his head to the direction of the voice.

“Hey TOP hyung. What’s up?” He asked.

“Where are you going? We are waiting for you in the cafeteria dude. Everybody is there.” TOP said.

“Oh shoot, that’s today?” He asked again looking at TOP with confusion.

There will be a party at Donghae’s house. He is their highschool friend. This party is a send-off party since Donghae will be leaving for America for his family is living there and his the only family member still living in Seoul.

“Don’t tell me you forgot?” TOP asked accusingly.

“I’m so sorry hyung. I thought its tomorrow. I’m really sorry I need to check something first in the school’s library and then I need to go home right after. Mom and dad are expecting me. We have a family dinner. It’s been so long since the last time we’ve done this.” Jiyong said sadly looking at TOP.

TOP is looking at him with unexplainable expression.

“You really are a changed person now Ji.” He said while shaking his head.

“Hyung..”

“Don’t get me wrong. I like it. Even the guys like the changes that’s happening in you. It’s just that, we don’t really use to it.” He said with amusement on his face.

“Thanks hyung, but I’m still the Jiyong you knew. I’m always here for you guys if you need me. You know we’re brothers.” Jiyong said patting TOP’s shoulder.

TOP smiled at him and turns on the side. He’s now facing the school field.

“We know that and we are proud of you for being so responsible now. You know what, we’re even thinking on changing our lives too. I mean for the better you know. We realized that we should be more responsible by our actions from now on.” TOP said looking at nowhere. He puts his both hands inside his pockets and so as Jiyong.

Jiyong smiled at him and his happy that his friends realized what he think is good for them.

He heard TOP chuckled.

“But.. we still need to go to Donghae’s he might kill us if we ditch his party..” TOP said now facing him.

 “..don’t worry, I’ll explain to them that you have plans for tonight. They will understand for sure, but you owe us a lot Ji. Next time it’s on you.” TOP said punching him playfully.

Jiyong chuckled as well.

“I’ll keep that in mind hyung. Enjoy tonight’s party. I really need to go for I don’t want to be late for our dinner.”

“Fine, fine.. I’m leaving.” TOP said walking towards the cafeteria.

Jiyong looked at him with a smile on his face and started walking towards the school’s library.

It’s afternoon and the sun is almost set, but Jiyong needs to go to the library to borrow some books.

Jiyong POV:

I am now inside the library and noticed that there are only few students left. I walked towards the end of the shelves near the exit to look for a business management book.

I scanned the shelves one by one while pointing at the books arranged alphabetically.

“There you go…” I said when I found what I am looking for.

I took the book and once a successfully pulled it from the shelf another book dropped.

I picked it up and planned to return it back, but the title of the book caught my attention.

“The Girl in My Dreams” I read out load… I frowned and examined it closely.

“This is weird..” I opened the book but there’s nothing written in it.

Why’s this book in here?

“Excuse me…” I heard someone called from behind. I look at her direction.

“Yes?..”

“We’ll be closing the library in 5 minutes.” She said apologetically and started walking when I nod.

I took the business mgt. book so I can borrow it for the weekend as well as the empty book to let them return it for me since I’m not really sure if it should belong in that shelf.

“Ahm.. Ms. I found this book a while ago. It dropped when I took this book.” I said to the librarian.

She looked at it for a moment but returned it to me. I frowned and look at her.

“That book doesn’t belong in the library Mr. Kwon. It doesn’t have the library code and it’s empty.” She said not looking at me but at the computer screen.

Duh I know that right? Preventing myself not to roll my eyes.

“..But I told you it dropped from the shelf.”

“I told you it’s not from the library, maybe that’s yours and you just forgot..” She said giving me a glance.

I really wanted to insist that this is not really my book, but when my eyes took a glance at the clock I noticed that it’s almost time for my dinner with my parents.

Fine I’ll just bring this home.

So I hurriedly went home.

The dinner with my parents is full of laughter. I can’t even remember when was the last time we had fun like this as a family. Good thing tonight mom and dad decided to spend their time with me.

“Mom, Dad?” I called them before I went upstairs for bed.

“Yes honey?” Mom answered.

“Thank you for tonight. I’m so happy because we got the chance to be together as a family..I love you guys..”

After I said those I ran immediately feeling so embarrassed. I’m not actually a verbal person when it comes to my parents.

But before I can open my bedroom door, dad answered me shouting.. “We love you too buddy!”

And both of them laughed. I can only smile and feeling so contented of what we have right now.

After I took a bath, before going to bed I decided to check some of my school work. I’m arranging everything on my table when I noticed the empty book from the library. I wonder what this is.

I checked it again to confirm if there are really no written words in it. I don’t think you can even call it a book since its empty. I decided to just leave it as is and just sleep since it’s getting late.

Where am I? I said to myself. I look around the place and all I can see are trees, flowers and I can even hear birds chirping.

A walk towards the forest still looking if there’s someone I can ask for the direction going home. I walk and walk until I found a river and as if on cue, I can feel that I’m thirsty. I walk fast towards the river. When arrived I was thinking if it was safe to drink, but I’m so thirsty so I did.

After drinking I started to walk around again, I saw houses nearby but before I could move one more step I heard a voice from behind.

“Who are you?” I heard a voice of a girl. I turn around to look where it came from. There I saw a girl standing not that far from me. She wears casual attire, a white shirt and ripped black jeans with matching boots. My heart is starting to beat widely and I’m unconsciously holding my chest.  I saw her looking at me with confusion.

She’s so beautiful and her voice is just so sweet. I thought.

I noticed she walks slowly towards me. I know I should move but I can’t. It felt like my feet is being nailed on the ground.

She stopped few steps away from me. “I said who are you? I’ve never seen you before around here. Where did you come from, why are you here?”

I don’t know what to answer first, but…

“Seoul” The only word that comes from my mouth. I don’t know why and what it is, but there’s something in her that I can’t really understand. She seems different.

“Seoul? South Korea?” She asked again. I can only nod at her question.

“I haven’t seen you before. This is Seoul, South Korea…”She said..

I watched her holding her chin. It looks like she’s thinking… Maybe she realized something that her eyes widen…

“Don’t tell me this is your…” but before she tells me what she realized…

 I automatically woke up the moment I felt the cold air inside my room. I look around my room and I noticed that I forgot to close my window.

What was that? Was it a dream? But it feels so real. And who is that girl. I don’t know her, but why does my heart beats widely the moment a laid my eyes on her.

I shake my head and walks towards the window to close it. I wonder what time is it. I check my bed side clock and notice that it’s still 2am. Before I go back to bed I saw there are a lot of papers scattered under my study table but I’m too tired to fix it for I am still so sleepy.

Why am I always here? I said still checking the place. I look around if I could find the girl again.

“Hey!” I heard someone calling. I look around immediately and notice that she’s running towards me.

“Hey..I – “ But before I could continue she pulled me and we started running together farther away from the houses a saw a while ago. We are heading into the river.

She is still holding my hand while we are running. After a few minutes of running she stopped and so am I.

She was trying to catch her breath while resting is both hands on her knees.

I look at her closely. She is really beautiful. Her hair flows with the wind. When she stands up I took the chance to examine her features. She has a porcelain skin, a pink lips and her eyes is like a crystal that shines whenever it hits by the light.

“Why are you staring at me?” She asked. My eyes widens when I didn’t notice that she was now looking at me.

I heard her chuckle. And oh God! Did I just hear an Angel singing? Am I in heaven?

“I’m sorry – I didn’t mean to – I’m.. I’m sorry” Aisst, stupid Jiyong.. why are you so nervous? She is just a girl.

“It’s fine..” She said smiling at me. I know it’s weird but her smile just made me calm.

So I smiled at her.

“By the way, I’m Sandara Park..” She said offering her hand for a hand shake.

“Jiyong Kwon” I said and shook her hand.

“By the way, do you know where this place is? This is kind a weird, but I don’t think this place looks familiar to me.” I asked looking around.

“This is Seoul, South Korea” She answered.

I laugh a little. This is so far from Seoul.

“You’re kidding right? Believe me, this is not the ‘Seoul’ where I’m currently living. This is far from the city where I live..” I said looking at her laughing a little, but she looks so damn serious so I stopped laughing instead.

“This is really Seoul Jiyong, but… in different world, this is – Dreamworld.”

“I’m sorry what?” I asked looking at her full of confusion.

“This is dreamworld Jiyong – this is not the reality from your world – this is your dream. We are in your dream.” She said holding my hands now.

“I’m sorry but I don’t understand.” I asked her looking at my hands she’s holding.

“I don’t understand too Jiyong – and I wanted to understand it too, but I don’t think you are safe in here. You have to –“ Before she completely finish what she’s going to say. We heard someone calling her.

“Sandara!!?” We heard someone calling.

“Oh my God! That’s my mom she should not see you for now until we know what’s going on.. You have to hide Ji” She said pushing me towards a tree. She called me Ji.. and it’s so good to hear that name coming from her.

“Wait but I – “

“No, we’ll talk later. I promise I’ll tell you everything I know. But for now you have to hide..” She said pushing me off.

“Sandara!!?” The voice said getting nearer towards us.

Sandara pushed me towards a huge tree and instructed to hide there for a while and to keep silent.

“There you are!” I heard someone said.

“Mom –“ Sandara said while running towards her mom.

“What are you doing in there? I’ve been looking for you for the last hour. Here you are again in the forest.” Her mom asked. I wanted to look at them but I’m afraid that her mother will see me and that would create a very big problem. So I just listen to what they’re talking.

“Nothing mom, I’m just here for fresh air. Let’s go..” I heard Sandara said to her mom.

I didn’t notice I fall asleep maybe because I was tired from running.

I woke up feeling a bit tired that it feels like I jog for a moment.

What was that all about? I was in the dreamworld? Does it really exist? Who is that girl. Sandara Park, who are you?

I went to school early today. I’m with my friends now in the library…

Yeah, it’s weird but you heard it right, we are in the library. I really can’t believe it.

“Seriously guys, why all of a sudden you are all here? Are you guys sick?” I said looking at them weirdly.

“Shh..Ji, keep quite..” Teayang said while looking at the entrance of the library. Out of curiosity I look at that way. After a few seconds there were girls going inside the library and I can hear the guys whispering beside me.

I noticed Kiko is with them looks like they’re her friends. She look at our way and she smiled at us, specifically me..  Well as if I care though. I know Kiko likes me, but I don’t really have the time for commitments right now. I wanted to focus first in my studies.

But then Sandara came into my thoughts. I wonder how she is right now.

Stop it Jiyong she’s just your imagination and she’s only in your dreams. Upon remembering what she told me, I really wanted to understand what she meant by that.

The only way to talk to her is to…. Sleep…

I gathered all my things immediately and put them inside my bag. My friends look at me curiously.

“Hyung where are you going? I thought you still need to finish your homework here..” Seungri ask me.

“I’m tired. I wanted to sleep. I’ll finish everything tomorrow..Bye guys. See you tomorrow..” I said not giving them the chance to reply..

The moment I stepped in our house I hurriedly went inside my room.

“Mom!” I called mom from upstairs.

“Don’t call me for dinner – I’m not hungry. I will just sleep in my room ok?”

“Ok honey! Take a good rest..” I heard mom answered.

I went inside my room again and locked the door.

I took the book from my study table and look at it for a moment. I flip it a little and I was surprise of what I saw.

“How come there are pictures in this book now”? I flip those pages with pictures and I’m correct there are 3 pages with pictures. Wait a minute, is this.. Me? I said to myself with wide eyes.

I need to talk to Sandara about this.

Now I really need to sleep.

“Sandara?” I called her the moment I arrived in this place.

“Sandara are you here?” I called here again. I’m still in the forest where she left me.

“Jiyong!” I heard someone calling me. And there she is, standing not far from me.

She asked me to come near her.

“We need to talk, follow me” She said… So I followed her. While following her I noticed we are walking our way towards a village.

“Where are we?” I asked her. She looked at me and smiled. Damn that smile! Why’s my heart beating so fast? She’s just a girl Jiyong.

“Home..” She answered.

“Come on. We need to hurry.” She said pulling me while holding my hand. I didn’t protest so I just let her.

After a few minutes of running, we stopped and I noticed that we are standing in front of a golden gate. Looking only at the gate I’m pretty sure this is not just your typical house.

Sandara pulled me again after she opened the gate and we went inside. This is not just a house but a mansion. I think it’s bigger than our mansion.

Once we’re inside she invited me to go to her room. I followed her upstairs.

“Sandara – why are we here? H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter