I Hate You I hate You

Rose and Dr. Kang Devil

Rose is too sleepy to open her eyes but her phone keeps vibrating making it fell from her night table. It keeps vibrating nonstop for at least thirty minutes forcing her using a pillow to block her ears from the noise. After struggling to gain her sleep back, Rose is giving up and reaching out her hand to find her falling phone. She looks at her screen and shock of 20 miscalls she gets from Dr. Kang Seungyoon.

“Ohh ...what’s going on with me...how could I miss this devil calls..20 times? God what shall I do? “ Rose pulling her hair out in frustation knowing she will be in a bad trouble really soon. Rose touches the screen to call Dr. Kang back in desperation. It only takes two seconds for her to listen Dr. Kang’s crazy antique replied

“Dr. Park..finally... Were you in Mars when I called you? It’s been an hour.. I thought you were dead or hit by  lightning..where are you dr. Park?

“I’m truely sorry Dr, Kang..I was..slee...No I was helping haelmonie nextdoor looking for..her glasses..yes her glasses..so I forgot to bring my phone..”

“Lier..” accused Dr. Kang

“No ..I didn’t Dr. Kang..I tell you the turth” said Rose scratching her temple nervously.

“Forget it..Come to the hospital ..hurry, there was a bus accident in highway an hour ago..We’re running out surgeons..I’ll wait you in 15 minutes” Dr Kang ended the call without saying proper words as always.

“Jerk” said Rose to her screen. “why can’t you say something nicely huh..no wonder no body wants to be your girlfriend..How come a person who has a cute face like you has a rude personality..total jerk..meanest creature in the world..I hate you” said Rose to the face on her screen.

Roseanne Park is a resident under Dr. Kang Seung Yoon’s supervision in Hangguk Hospital. She has been working with him for two years together with residents Dr. Song Yunghyoeng, Dr. Lee Hayi and Dr. Kim Donghyuk. Among many Surgeons in the hospital, Dr. Kang is the worst. He can easily humiliate his subordinates without concern. And Rose is the only one in their team who is hated by Dr. Kang the most in sadistic way making her stressed under his devil supervised. Luckily other residents are really nice and friendly to her. The only reason she could bear that perfectionist rude sadistic words everytime they perform surgery is,  because Dr.  Kang Seung Yoon is the best surgeon in Seoul. He is brilliant, intellegent, meticulous and coldhearted. Rose hates him so much.

One day when Rose, Hayi and Donghyuk are having their late lunch in the cafetaria, Yunghyoeng  is half running to bring a spectacular news..Well actually not that spectacualar.

“Hey guys..a big new from our devil” says Yunghyoeng taking a seat next to Hayi.

“What is it?” asks Hayi.

“ Apparantely, The Devil has a girlfriend..she lives in London all this time and she’s visitting him right now?” explains Yunghyoeng siiping Donghyuk Avocado juice without asking

“whaaat..a girlfriend..were you misinformed Dr. Song.. you know that devil was heartless..no way ” say Rose firing up.

“Is she pretty” asks Donghyuk curious.

“Oh yeeaah she is..very elegance” say Yongyoeng try to picture the word “ elegance” with his hands.

You must be wrong..no way” say Rose again.

“yeah..no way” adds Hayi nodding her head.

“you can check by yourself..she’s still there in his room” convince Yunghyoeng.

“let’s see her” ask Donghyuk eagerly.

“Let’s go” say Hayi finishing her last bite of her steak enthusiastically.

“come on Rose” ask Hayi pulling Rose from her chair. “No..what for? You both are shameless..what shall we say to her?” says Rose reluctanly.

“We figure it out on our way” convinces Hayi.

“I’ll stay here for lunch guys..good luck” says Yungyoeng waving his hand.

Those three residents are shamelessly barging to Dr. Kang Devil room without a proper plan only to find Dr. Kang Devil alone in his room. “What are you three doing here.?? Don’t you have reports to submit this afternoon? Are all done? Asks Dr. Kang calmly without really seeing them.

“Oh we’re sorry Dr. Kang..we want to ask can we postpone the reports for tomorrow morning? Asks Donghyuk nervously trying to find a reason.

“off course...You can’t..what kind of question is that..go out,,do your report now..get out” barks Dr. Devil Kang harshly.

“Yes Dr, Kang..sorry.. “ says Donghyuk again..and when those three residents turned back they see a pretty face appears from the door.

“Kam Jagiya” says Donghyuk .

The girl is smiling gorgeosly showing her pretty teeth.

“Hello..good afternoon..are you all residents in this hospital?” greeting her friendly.

“Oh hello..good afternoon” says Hayi bowing her head.

“Yes we are” says Donghyuk. Rose is keeping silence avoiding contact with Dr. Kang and his whoever “girlfriend”.

“Hi..my name is Jennie..Jennie Kim..I’m from England..I’m a pediatric” says the gorgeous girl again..reaching out her hand for a handshake.

“I’m Kim Donghyuk..nice to meet you”

“Hello Dr. Kim”

“And I’m Hayi,,Lee Hayi” says Hayi also reaching out for a handshake.

“Hello Lee Hayi..nice to meet you....and you??”asks the girl looking at Rose smilingly

“Oh..I’m Roseanne Park..nice to meet you” says Rose bowing and shakes Jennie’s hand.

“ Ah Rose..were you a half Australian” says Jennie

” Oh How do you know?” asks Rose confused tries to look at Dr. Kang who is widely smiling at her gorgeous girlfriend.

“ I just know” says Jennie again. “Oppa..how come you have these lovely people around you..aah..I’m envy you” says Jennie cutely. Dr. Kang only shrugs his shoulder smiling. Rose never sees that Devil smiling happily like that in two years..”Devil” whispers her unheard.

“All right..introducing session has finished..now three of you get out” says Dr. Kang. That previous smiling face has changed to a rude annoying one again. The trio walk out of the room and shut the door slowly

“Bye Dr. Kim” says Donghyuk politely. As soon as they get out, Donghyuk suprisingly says “wah..her girl friend is sooo beautiful..that devil is so lucky!”

“Nothing special about her..she is just as pretty as us..isn’t it right Rose?’ asks Hayi pulling Rose’s hand.

“Yeah..you right” says Donghyuk confused..”what ever”

After that nothing has changed for their daily live in the hospital. Dr. Kang Devil is more devil than ever. He is the rudest person Rose has ever met. He has ever slapped her paper on the table saying.

“ Do you call this..a report paper..it’s a fiction ..several are your asumptions..we can assume in medics..we annalyze based on scientific data and observation. Support your data with at least four strong opinion from experts..are you a doctor or a novelist?” Making Rose almost cry.

“I’m sorry Dr. Kang I’ll revise it right away..give me one day to do it”

“No..you have only twelve hours starting from now”

“But Dr. Kang..I have three visits for my patient tonight”

“Let Donghyuk do it..Now get out”

Rose really hates Dr. Kang. She even curses him several times. ‘I hope you’re infected by uncured desease and die miserably without anyone loving you” or “I hope an alien from other Galaxy taking you to be their slaves for ever” “ I hope you’ll drown in pacific ocean and swallowed by Tiger Whale alive” In short, Rose hates Dr. Devil Kang to the death.

Everyone in her team knows Rose always get a harsh critic from Dr. Kang. Yes, everyone gets it but Rose is the most unlucky among them and they feel sorry for her. Dr, Kang Seung Yoon is only twenty eight (in korean) but he is already a proffessor in cardiothoraic surgery. He studied in medical faculty when he was still sixteen and became a specialist when he was only twenty three. No one deny he is gifted and agree with all his advices. But he is also the coldest person in term of human relation. Less emphatic to his students and collegues. Everyone in his team calling him antisocial Dr, Kang Devil. 

On night after conducting thrilling surgery, the four residents are gathered in Dr. Song Yungyoeng’s parents restaurant for celebrating his parents 26th wedding anniversary. They are happily chatting and joking when a handsome tall tanned figure entered the restaurant. Rose’s and Hayi’s eyes are widely opened and they can deny their giddiness. The man is smiling to Yunghyoeng’s parents hugging them one by one and walking over to the fantasctic four table smiling.

“Hyung..what’s up..” says Yunghyoeng standing to greet him.

“Yunghyoeng my man..what’s up..long time no see..”

“yeah hyung..isn’t it two years?”

“yeah..two years..how’s your resident live?

“awful..our proffessor is a jerk, unhuman and sadistic”

“woww,,that’s too strong for my soft Yunghyoengie”

“Yeah..exactly, who he is in words..but he’s handsome though and his girlfriend is..” a diva”

“really..?”

“yeah..by the way hyung these are my resident friends,,Kim Donghyuk..he’s my man, Lee Hayi the soulful singer who covered as a doctor, and the unlucky person on the planet “the voice of us” Roseanne Park” explained Yunghyoeng jokingly.

“Hello everyone..my name is Song Minho..I’m Yunghyoeng cousin..nice to meet you all”

Song Minho shakes everyone and sits among them to join their dinner. Song Minho is a cosmetic surgeon who lives in Paris. He enjoys music as much as he enjoy art and Paris is a perfect city for him. Before moving to Paris, he studied medical in Hangguk University where he finished his residential last two years. He is really good in mingling with youngsters like those fantastic four. He is hillarious and humoris making Hayi and Rose giggle in their girly mode. It’s been a while for the girls looking happily like that. Thanks to Dr. Song Minho.

“By the way..A friend of mine will stop by here ..He’s a proffessor in Hangguk University..he’s also a rocker..yeaah.” said Song Minho enthusiastically

” woww..a proffessor and a rocker? How come we do not know? Says Hayi.

“Yeah Oppa that’s right..can I call you oppa Dr. Song? Asks Rose sheepishly.

“yeah..sure..why not..” says smiling Song Minho while reading his text.

“Ahh.. he’s parking right now” says Song Minho.

everyone at that table is anticipating a rocker proffessor who is about to appear in a minute.. When a tall man who’s wearing a black hat and a black jacket step in, everyone hold their breath. Song Minho is standing up to welcome him by opening his arms and that man is tilting his head up.! “What the......” said Donghyuk stopping himself for saying inapropriate words. Everyone is shocked. “ Seungyoon my man..long time no see” says Minho hugging Dr. Kang Devil who is now smiling widely hugging his friend back. What a reunion!.