Privacy is a precious thing

Privacy is a precious thing

Namjoon rolled over and groaned. His bed was comfortable and warm, Seokjin was in his arms... so why was he awake? For a minute he tried to snuggle back into the comfort around him, until Seokjin began to struggle away from him.

Too tired to have the strength to pull him back, Namjoon allowed him to do his thing, which thankfully was just rolling over. The two of them snuggled back down, and Namjoon was comfortable once more.

Just as he was drifting back off to sleep, a high pitched shriek woke him the up. Namjoon's eyes flew open, and his heart had practically stopped when he woke up, so now it was racing. Then came the faint “give it back!” from somewhere in the dorm, and Namjoon groaned. Looks like they might not be able to have a lie in after all.

Maybe if they ignored the noises from outside they would disappear? Unwilling to think about getting up just yet, Namjoon pulled Seokjin closer again. Seokjin didn't seem to mind being held so tightly, and they both began to get comfortable again.

When the banging started, however, Namjoon began to get really annoyed. He and Seokjin may have got to sleep a little later than usual, for... reasons, and it had left him groggy and floppy. He couldn't tell what exactly the sound was, but he suspected that the three youngest had something to do with it.

Seokjin made some vague sounds that might have been “make it stop Joonie.” Stifling a giggle, Namjoon shook his head, hoping that Seokjin would get the point. Seokjin made more annoyed noises, but they were completely indecipherable.

A few minutes later, after the mysterious banging had stopped, just when Namjoon thought that it was all over, the sound of footsteps pattered down the corridor towards their door. Abhorring the idea of more disturbance to his attempted-sleep, Namjoon vehemently hoped that that would be them going somewhere to do something quiet. Like play chess.

To their credit, the next thing Namjoon heard was a buttload of shushing. It would have been appreciated if it hadn't gone on for what felt like the lifespan of the universe, and seemed to have evolved into a competition and perhaps its own language.

The half-groan-half-yell that made its way out of Namjoon's mouth seemed to scare them away for a while. He loved the younger members, he did, but they could be a little... unthinking at times.

Not that he didn't appreciate their support. He knew that they meant well when they genuinely meant to be quiet, knowing that he and Seokjin were in there, and he couldn't have hoped for a better reaction from them when his and Seokjin's scandal had broken.

Still though. The shushing wasn't ideal when all he wanted to do was sleep. Pulling the covers over his and Seokjin's heads, he attempted to ignore it. Soon enough they seemed to realise that standing out in the corridor for so so long was a bit weird, and the shushing disappeared.

For a while all was quiet. Seokjin was sleeping, snoring softly in Namjoon's arms, and while he was unable to get to sleep, Namjoon was content.

So content, in fact, that he nearly missed Jungkook sneaking into the room. It was only when he dropped something on the floor that clattered that Namjoon was disturbed, and automatically sat up to see what the disturbance was.

Sorry hyung!” Jungkook said too loudly. Namjoon winced, and rubbed at his eyes, which he only just noticed were hurting from a lack of sleep.

What are you doing?” He mumbled, squinting at whatever it was Jungkook had in his hands.

Jungkook didn't answer, but sped up his riffling through his chest of drawers as his face got progressively redder and redder. In his sleepy state, Namjoon couldn't work out why that was.

It genuinely took a full minute to realise that it was because he was sat up in bed shirtless, with an equally shirtless Seokjin sleeping next to him. It was one thing for the other members to know that they were together, but it had only been a few weeks since they found out and no doubt it was still a strange thought for them to know that the two of them were sleeping together.

Oh well. Jungkook would have to get used to it eventually. Ignoring the rattling that Jungkook was somehow managing to make in his sock drawer, Namjoon settled down again, pulling Seokjin back into spooning.

Strangely, this seemed to weird Jungkook out even more, as he fled the room quickly after that. Ignoring that for now – he'd have a chat with Jungkook about it later if necessary – he tried to even get himself to be sleepy enough to sleep again.

A knocking at the door a few minutes later spoiled that idea quickly. He called out for whoever it was to come in, too warm to get up to answer the door. It was Jungkook again, who darted into the room, picked up his phone, which had been left on his bed, gave Namjoon an apologetic smile, and was away again.

This time he seemed to have woken up Seokjin, as he let out a small groan and began to stretch his arms. Namjoon kissed the back of his head and murmured “good morning.”

Hey there... how did you sleep?” Seokjin asked, yawning.

Namjoon was just about to answer when more screeching came from outside, followed by more sounds of running. He let out a loud groan, by now sick of hearing anything at all.

Seokjin let out a small giggle, and Namjoon began to wonder if it would all ever end. He could have sworn that mornings weren't normally this noisy, but he'd never been that bothered about staying in bed in the morning, so perhaps he hadn't noticed.

I wish we'd picked your room to sleep in, Jinnie,” Namjoon sighed. Seokjin giggled a little, clearly still too tired to formulate sentences. “They need to shut up.” He added.

Then, “You'd better not be getting it on in there!” Yoongi called from outside as he walked by the door. It was only that which made Namjoon realise what his groaning must have sounded like, and he sighed.

I've changed my mind,” Namjoon announced, “I want nothing more to do with your room or your roommate.”

This got another laugh out of Seokjin, and Namjoon decided that as they were both awake, they may as well be up. He threw the duvet off of them, causing Seokjin to ball up to conserve warmth in the chilly room.

As it turned out, this was the worst possible time to do so. Jungkook walked in again (seriously, what was this boy doing?). Neither Namjoon nor Seokjin had had a chance to get dressed from last night.

.