The audition

Bulletproof

During the time waiting for their turn to audition, Suga had a feeling of intense anxiety rushing over him. He started shaking and tearing up, feeling jittery. He was sitting at the keyboard trying to practice, but found he was unable to do so. Jungkook was getting his outfit ready for the audition, when he heard small sobs coming from Suga, from across the room. His eyes widened, as he ran over to Suga. He found Suga shaking, and sobbing so much he could barely forms words.

"Baby?" Jungkook muttered.

Suga shook his head slowly, not saying a word.

"Baby, hey what's the matter?" Jungkook tried again, inching closer and pulling Suga up from the chair and into a tight hug.

Suga sobbed louder, burying his face into Jungkook's neck and clinging to his shirt. Jungkook gently rubbed Suga's back, and kissed his head. Not a word was spoken for at least a few minutes. Finally, Jungkook pulled away from the hug and wiped Suga's tears away.

"What's the problem sweetheart?" He asked, worried.

Suga sighed, sadly.

"I-i can't do this." He muttered, quietly.

"What? What do you mean you ca-"

"I can't do this. I'm not good enough like the people who actually go to school here! What if I never make it? Then what do I do?!" Suga exclaimed.

"Baby, shhh calm down. Okay? You are a brilliant piano player. You've been doing this for 5 years already. Besides, how do you think everyone who is attending this school got here? They got here by an audition, right? And I'm sure they kept trying even if they didn't get in the first time. Maybe there are people trying another way to make it big. The point is to not ever give up. Okay? I promise you, you will be unstoppable." Jungkook said, slowly.

Suga stared at Jungkook, slowly smiling. The look in his eyes showed an intense amount of determination and passion.

"So, I have one question for you." Jungkook said.

Suga looked up at him.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Are you ready for our audition?" He said, holdng his hand out.

Suga smiled widely, taking Jungkook's hand in his, nodding. Jungkook smiled, kissing Suga's hands.

"I love you, baby." He whispered.

"I love you too." Suga replied, kissing him.

Finally, the two were on their way to the audition. Once they entered through the stage doors, they saw bright lights and a full auditorium. Suga looked slowly towards Jungkook, Jungkook smiled and squeezed his hand a little tighter. Suga took a deep breath, closing his eyes for a split second. Finally, he first judge spoke.

"Good morning gentlemen." She said.

"Good morning." Jungkook said back.

"What are your names and what will you be performing for us today?" She asked.

"My name is Jeon Jungkook, this is my partner, Min Yoongi. I will be dancing, he will be playing piano." He spoke slowly.

She nodded, smiling.

"Okay, well, good luck boys." She said.

They nodded, Suga made his way to the piano, sitting down slowly. Jungkook gave him one last smile before Suga nodded, starting to play his piece. He watched Jungkook dance with heartfelt movements and graceful spins. It was beautiful. Suga played the song with ease, the second his fingers hit the notes, he felt a wave of pride and relief crash over him. Music was his outlet, he escape from reality, he was excited that hopefully now,  music would become his reality. The only thing was he did miss quite a few key notes, when he was watching Jungkook. He felt so embarrassed, he could've given up right there. After their audition, the crowd was cheering loudly, hooting and hollering. Suga followed Jungkook to the front of the stage once again, Jungkook swung an arm over Suga. 

"That was a beautiful, passionate performance gentlemen. The way that you played piano, I would've thought you were practically born playing the piano, until you made those crucial mistakes. In this school, there is no room for error. Jungkook, however, danced gracefully and inspiring. Thank you, we will consider your performance and get back to you as soon we as the school make a decision." 

They said thank you and left the stage. Suga was a mess after the audition. He was cursing and crying.

"Why the hell did I mess up?!" He yelled.

"Suga, honey, it's okay! I promise you it's okay!" Jungkook said, holding him tightly, kissing his head.

"We'll be okay." He whispered.

A week passed since the audition, Suga barely played piano. Jungkook was getting really worried. Finally, the audition results came in.