FRIEND OR FOE

BLACKPINK'S ONE SHOTS COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That new worksheet has been there long enough, maybe over an hour. Since this room contains dozens of these people that left behind to take a lunch, until now this room remain crowded by their sounds and breaths. The whole clean white worksheet is still as it always was. And I'm still silent in front of it without looking at anything, but in my eyes I see clearly memories that happened between us. Even your voice is audible in my ears.

 

 

I still remember clearly how that day Jisoo insisted me to accompany her to your house when I insisted on refusing. I still remember that moment in my mind that I and you have no attachment to any important thing and I feel I didn’t need to meet you even though we haven’t met for years. Even your face is almost faded in my memory when I realized your face was on the wall of Jisoo's living room. Jisoo loves you so much that she includes her picture with you among her big family’s photos. And finally Jisoo got me with her walked to your house after a long bargaining. With a sluggish move I followed her on her way to your house, Jisoo's house and your house only about 50 meters away. I think all the way about what I should do when I meet you, what should I say? How should I behave? Because even though we used to play together in our childhood, but we haven’t been in touch for almost 10 years since I moved into my parent’s new house and continue my education at YG College of Music in Seoul.

 

 

Your house was still exactly the same as 10 years ago. Even with the same color. Only now some trees are much higher than before. I imagined your face at the moment but could never find the right picture. Finally I decided to stop trying to make a picture of your face in my brain. Your mom and dad were busy arranging the flowers they plant in the garden next to the house, we greet them for a while. I watched their faces one by one, still the same as the last time I saw them, only now began to grow white hair and a slight frown on their faces. They almost forgot about me because I caught a bit of confusion in their eyes, but Jisoo immediately reminded them that I was the kidof the family who used to live right in front of their house. They remembered me, and told us to come in, they said you were eating your breakfast in the kitchen.

 

 

You were with your white pajamas and long hair tied up, ate sandwiches. You look at each one at Jisoo and me, then spontaneously move from your chair and hug me. Jisoo looked surprised at the moment, as did I. But Jisoo was still smiling despite a question in her eyes. While I was mentally and physically shocked at it until the ants would have caught my feeling. You put your arms around my neck, tight enough to make me confused what to do with both my hands. Did I have to put my arm around you or keep them still ?, but until you let go of the hug, my hands still stiff, can’t move an inch. You smiled and invited us to sit with you on the dining table’s chairs. You offered us a sandwich, but I turned it down because I didn’t hungry at all.

 

 

Then you asked some things to me and Jisoo. Then you told me about your study in Australia, you're majoring in medical. You said you really wanted to help a lot of people. But I keep quiet and listen. I only talked if you asked me a question. You were very interested when I told you that I had just graduated from the YG College of Music, and when I told you about the piano you got so excited and made me promise to play a beautiful symphony for you someday. Soon you take a stethoscope and made Jisoo and me to be your patients. You didn’t find anything wrong in Jisoo's heart beating, but you're a bit surprised when you hear a rumbling from the end of the stethoscope you put in my chest, right in my heart. And when Jisoo went to the garage to look at your sister’s skateboard, you came closer to me then whispered softly, "what's wrong with your heart?". I couldn’t directly answer it, I thought about it hard and still didn’t know what to answer. And I finally said, "I don’t know, I guess you know it better."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter