It was beautiful

Beautiful Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come back now, Kim Taeyeon. Your mom was here and asked about you, come back tomorrow" it was a demand rather than a plea which wasn't unexpected thing to her anymore. His cold voice and endless sigh, she couldn't even remember the love that used to be showed from his eyes were no longer exist. Taeyeon chose to hung up the call, still wasn't ready to face him.

 

Taeyeon had been on the run for a month since everything in her life messed up. The reason to her for keep living had disappeared as her little girl had gone leaving her to the better place. She didn't make choice to be all miserable and still couldn't get over her death, but she was tired that no one could understand her. All this time, she was the one who always tried to understand her problematic husband and his behaviour to the point she got sick of it. She did declare that she wanted to give up of this marriage, but he always succeeded in winning her heart or receiving her forgiveness. She would think of her little girl whenever she wanted to run away, but this time nothing could hold her back. She disappeared from her world to sort things out. Did she has enough? Was there reason left for her to stay?

 

He called for several times later which she didn't have encourage and energy to answered it. Even though in the end she chose to answer to him after twentieth calls. "Kim Taeyeon, i beg you. Please come back. I don't even know where you are, please don't make me worried, Tae. It's all my fault. I'm the one who's responsible for--"

 

"Please.." she closed her eyes, already sickened of his cliche pleas.

 

"I'm really sorry. Come back to me, honey. I miss you so much, please.." he sounded like someone who was crying but it didn't affect her in any way. 

 

"I promise i will change for good, Tae. I will fix everything. Let's start over - let's be happy forever.. for Se hee" her heart shredded in pieces once she heard that name. She couldn't fight tears coming from her eyes as the memories of them happy together back then. 

 

"I dreamt of her. She seemed really happy and healthy. She really missed us, Tae ah. She wanted us to be happy too" she wanted to believe him. Really really wanted. She was already full of sugar coated promises from him. She couldn't take it anymore. Even though she never doubt his love for Se hee, but this time was different. It was between him and her. And she doubted if he could keep those promises. 

 

"I.. i'm gonna return tomorrow" she had decided. She shouldn't avoid the problem anymore. She had to face it to sort it out. 

 

"Let me pick you up. Where are you?" No, she still needed more time to clear her mind. 

 

"No no. I'm just.. i will go alone" they went silent for new few moments until he talked again. 

 

"Okay, if that's what you want. I'll be waiting here, Tae. I'll call you again tomorrow. I love you" 

 

Taeyeon stared at the night sky of Busan, trying hard to figure what she really wanted. It must be the best for her. Yes, it was time to not thinking of someone else, it was just her. She had to make decision to make herself happy. Even though separation was the answer, she wasn't scared anymore. 

 

***

 

The next morning, Taeyeon kept her promise to her husband by returned back to her home, Seoul. She took the earliest train and surprised to see that not only the station, but also the entire Busan covered by snow. She had to buy thicker jacket at market nearby before arrived in station. Not that many people took the train that morning so she felt more comfortable as she didn't like being in crowd that much - homebody she was. 

 

She took a seat and checked on her  phone. Yunho, her husband, was the last caller. He called her as he told her last night, only to make sure that she was indeed going home. She didn't say anything but just 'yes' to him given that she was still confused how to handle it once she got back. 

 

Her eyes glued through the window, looking at the falling snow out there. Smile pulled on her face for the first time seeing children running around excitedly, amazed by the snow. Her eyes distraced by the sound that came from a man putting his suitcase on the top and then took a seat in front of her. She bowed her head little down as manner towards person who shared seat with her. He did return and put that ridiculous fur hat down on the table, revealing his real looks. He didn't look that young or that old. But his clothes were something caught her eyes. It was hard to explain. 

 

The train took off after 10 minutes later, informing her that she had to come to a decision. Too much thinking and the calm and chill atmosphere on the train took a big part in making her fell into sleep.

 

***

 

Taeyeon didn't know how long she slept but as soon as she opened her eyes, they fell on the book that the man was reading throughly in front of her. 

 

"It's been a long time.." she muttered quietly at the book that she read long time ago, but surprisingly that the man heard her. 

 

He, who was in his own world before, looked up at her. She realized that he stopped reading because her.  "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to disturb you.." 

 

But the man respond her in such unexpected way. He smiled at her - that gummy smile. "I just read last month. I'm one century left behind right?" 

 

She sighed in relief and chuckled with him. "Better late than never. It's an amazing book, really." Both of them laughed which none of them knew the reason why they laughed but to avoid awkward situation after first conversation. 

 

"Can i know what's your name?" He spoke again after few moments of silence. 

 

"Kim Taeyeon. You can call me Taeyeon" she answered. "And you?"

 

"I'm Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong" he closed the book he was reading and put it aside on the table. 

 

"Nice to meet you, Jiyong ssi" she bowed down her head, so did he. 

 

"Are you coming from Busan or returning back to Seoul?" He didn't let the atmosphere as cold as the weather. 

 

"I'm from Seoul. I'm returning back now after sorting out some things there" truthfully, Taeyeon didn't that enjoy being with a total stranger. She never known how to deal with new people with her personallity. But somehow, how he carried conversations like this, she felt comfortable already. "And you are not Busan's person hearing how you speak, i guess?" 

 

He laughed. "No, no, absolutely not. I was there meeting a friend" 

 

She nodded and the big fur hat had been caught her attention since the moment he sat in front her. "I'm sorry, if you don't mind, can i see your hat?" 

 

He laughed. It seemed like habit of him laughing at every moments happened, but he was just as shy and awkward person as she was. Both of them shared similar personallity, how could it be. "Of course not. You can try it" 

 

Taeyeon gasped in amaze after finally lifting the bizarre hat she ever seen and put it on her head. It was really warm and comfortable. She never known that such hat existed. "It feels like i could only find it on some run-away in Paris, such a cool hat" 

 

"Thank you. You're the only one who think that it's a cool hat beside myself..." he seemed pleased. 

 

She grinned and put down the hat off her head, "do you think i really meant it as cool hat?" Jiyong seemed taken back and expectedly laughed again. 

 

"Sorry, i never used to sarcasm" he pat the back of his hand, wipping sweat off his forehead. 

 

"No, no. I'm just joking. It's really cool hate, i like it.." they shared gaze for a while after that and to be broken by snack seller that approached them and offered them snacks. 

 

Jiyong nicely treated Taeyeon for the snacks they got from the seller. There were boiled eggs, bread, warm milk for Taeyeon and coffee for Jiyong. 

 

He was about to break the boiled egg by hitting it onto the table and got stopped by her. "You should it if you want to enjoy it more" she told him and then hit the egg onto her head. 

 

"But it'll be hurt" he said. 

 

"Then you should do it harder" she already peeled the egg, eyeing him who hesitated for a moment but then chose to do it as her suggestion. 

 

He hit the egg onto his head as hard as he could but goddess of luck definitely wasn't on his side. His head and face covered with yolk as the egg turned out to be raw which he stalled in surprise. Taeyeon gasped for a second and then tried hard to not burst into laugh. She covered to hold back but he realized that she was laughing at him. 

 

Jiyong removed the yolk from his forehead, closed his eyes in embarrassment. "I'm gonna sue her for this" 

 

"Omo. How can something like this happen~" she got up from her seat and tried to help him with her handkerchief. 

 

They ended up going to restroom to clean up the rest. Taeyeon was helping him by wipping his clothes with wet cloth. She felt guily because she was the one who suggested him to hit it onto his head. 

 

"I'm sorry" she said. 

 

"It's okay. I'm fine now" he stared at her who was standing only inchs apart from him. He knew it sounded crazy as hell, but his heart couldn't lie about his feeling. It had been beating since the moment he saw her at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter