memories to recall

vkook || you give me the courage to live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My watch on my left wrist ticked as the seconds go by.I drove pass a row of shops as a bouquet of white chrysanthemums I bought from Yoongi's flower shop just now sat quietly in my passenger seat.It wasn't the bubbly Jeongguk who sat at the same place the flowers laid .I sighed at myself for still remembering him for so long.The fact that he passed on last year was still fresh in my mind.My mind nor my heart still could not accept the loss of him.I knew but the memories kept on barging in like waves hitting the seaside without warning.He was too young to pass this early.

As I drove for almost 15 minutes,I stopped my car in front of a coffee shop.The name of the coffe shop was "Dear Memories" . According to what I heard, the manager of this shop opened it for his late wife to accomplish his wife's dream of owning a coffee shop.Jeongguk also wanted to own a coffee shop,but it was too late when he knew the harsh truth.He was so excited and kept on planning how the coffee shop would be and yapping about ideas like "How about we add a few cute dogs or put our pets in there for the customers" or any lame creative ideas like adding wasabi into coffee.That weird but cute bunny always had ideas popping around.I just smiled at the thought of Jeongguk owning a bunny coffee shop.

When I pushed the door,the bells placed above the door tinkled happily.There's a counter you can see once you come in.An attracting whiff of steaming coffee made it's way into my senses as I walked towards the counter and the cashier rambled away about the coffee promotions like reading off a script he'd recite for days.Until he finally took my order,I let out a heavy breath when I turned away from the counter.That feeling still has a space in my heart,and it wouldn't let me go even.I got my coffee after a few minutes and went back to my seat.The steaming hot coffee couldn't even warm up my heart unlike him.He always cheered me up by playing while consolling and talking to me about today and what he felt.He loves to wake up on early mornings and always tells me that this was his most favourite part of the day. I eventually found out why after that.

I sat at the seat beside the window,which I prefer since its located at the corner of the shop. As I placed the hot caramel macchiato on the table for it to cool, I began to let my eyes take in the scenery in front of the window.Couples and families passed by,each of them giggling happily and chattering among themselves.It seemed like the others wouldn't even mind their loud existence. Speaking of this, Jeongguk's words hit me in my memory. "I like seeing people who are happy pass beside me. It sounds weird, but I like that because I can take in the small details of their physical figures, and their reason of being happy always shows up on their face. It makes me happy for them, and I feel  happy too," his face shows a small smile before vanishing in my memory. 

He's still cute, I thought to myself, and sipped a little of my hot drink. It cooled down a little, but it's still warm. As I looked my watch, the shorter needle on my watch pointed at the number 6. What a long morning, as I let out a small yawn and took my beverage out of the shop, leaving. The o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter