Setting spray

Make (me) up 💄
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mark was playing one of his "stupid as ", as what his best friend called them, games on his phone while herin was getting ready for the huge "welcome spring" party that was going to be hold in jaehyun's house tonight. She asked him to come to the party too but mark just shook his head and said "i would prefer having a doctor who marathon in our room, all alone, with popcorns and nachos and everything." Which made herin roll her eyes and call him a "ing nerd."

It was weird actually how a boy and a girl were roommates in the university dormitory but mark was gay and herin LOVED girls more than she loves brownie so they got the chance to live in the same room.

That meant mark having a tiny space in their shared bathroom cause of all the make up and beauty products herin had and always getting choked on her fancy af perfume that she sprayed all over herself before leaving the room every single day and night. But it was fine cause they had been best friends since they were diapers so he was used to herin's extraness.

"Can you pass me the setting spray ??" Herin said, making a grabby hand move with her free hand while also putting on her fake eyelashes with her other hand.

"What spray ?" Mark said, finally looking up from his game and smiled when be saw how pretty she looked. Mark liked boys but he had to admit that herin was SO pretty and that made him even more proud of her.

"Setting spray mark. In a grey metal bottle. If you have eyes and know how to read you can understand which one it is." Herin rolled her eyes at him like for the 54th time that day and mark just sighed.

"Okay okay you don't have to get mad at me just cause i don't know what is a setting spray or whatever the hell it is."

"You always make me get mad at you tho"

"Oh you love me" he said in a teasing tone while searching for a freaking metal bottle all over her table.

"I love girls"

"For 's sake herin."

Herin's boldness always surprised mark but her way-too-open gayness surprised him even more even after years of being friends. Herin just chuckled at him and shook her free hand as if she meant "just give it to me already."

"Just pass me the spray. I gotta go like, in twenty minutes."

"There isn't anything like that here tho" mark said and herin sighed, placed the eyelashes on top of her real ones finally and turned around to look at mark in the face with an annoyed look.

"Ugh mark can't you just for once in your whole entire life be a useful best friend and-OH MY GOD!!!"

Herin screamed after she checked the table herself.

"WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT HAPPENED???

"I DON'T HAVE SETTING SPRAY!!!"

"IS THAT WHY YOU ARE SCREAMING?!!!"

Herin held mark by his arms tightly and screamed more, the terrified look on her face made mark feel bad for her to be honest.

"I WILL BE OUT IN THAT PARTY ALL NIGHT!! HINA WILL BE THERE TOO!! MARK!! YOU GOTTA FIND ME A SETTING SPRAY!!"

"HOW CAN I FIND SOMETHING LIKE THAT??"

Herin stopped screaming and thought a bit then looked at mark again and held his arms even tighter,kinda hurting him cause damn, she was strong af.

"..........DONGHYUCK!!!"

"What??? What donghyuck??"

"LEE DONGHYUCK!!OH MY GOD MARK YOU GOTTA FIND DONGHYUCK AND ASK FOR A SETTING SPRAY FOR ME!!!"

"me?!!! Why can't you go and ask him yourself???"

Herin freaking knew he was shy af while talking to people he didn't know or he just met and she still wanted to him to go talk with someone he DOESN'T KNOW and ask for something he wasn't even sure what it works for from that boy ????

"Cause i gotta do my hair too. Please mark PLEASE!! FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR BEST FRIEND'S LOVE LIFE! PLEASE GO ASK DONGHYUCK!!PLEASE!!"

"But herin"

"...please...."

Oh no the puppy eyes...herin ing knew mark was sooooo weak for her puppy eyes. She had been using those eyes to make mark buy him more chocolate since they were nine years old. Mark just sighed, accepting that he got defeated by her once again.

".....okay. just tell me where is his room at."

"THATS WHY YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND MARK LEE MINHYUNG!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When mark entered from the door that was wide open all the way, the first thing that got his attention was how many girls were in the room and how they all were waiting, probably, for the boy who was doing make up to a girl right now, to do their make up too. Some of them were talking, more like gossiping, with each other, some of them were scrolling down on their social media or refreashing the page aggressively while some of them were reading some magazines that were on one of the beds in the room. A song of michael jackson was playing on the cd player on the table beside the boy and he was choosing a lipstick to use on the girl's thin lips. Or at least it's what is looked like he was doing. Checking the lipstick bottles' numbers that were under them, taking their cap off, checking their color then putting them down again until he found the one he liked and opened it up till it's pointy top was out.

"So he was cheating on you with another girl ?" He asked and the girl bowed her head down in embarassment.

"..........yes"

"Ugh jessica i swear to god-tilt your head back. Okay good.-hadn't i warned you about his unloyal ?"

The girl's eyes were on the floor, still couldn't look at his face. Cause he really had warned her before a few times.

".....you did"

"And did you listen to me ?"

".......i didn't"

"You saw what happens when you don't listen hyuckkie, baby girl ??"

"......yeah"

The boy just smiled at her sweetly as if he wanted to comfort her in a way and pressed a tiny bit of tissue beside her lips to erase the lipstick that passed over her bottom lipline, rubbing it left and right a bit, gently.

"Good. Pose your lips like you will blow a kiss. Good, good. This color looks so good on you oh my god. You definetely gotta buy one of these from the store i bought it. Its on sale!!"

Mark didn't know if he should interrupt the boy who was doing make up on the girl he knew from biology class or not but he did anyway. He didn't want herin to kill him cause he was late. So he cleared his throat which made all the girls' and the red haired boy's attention get focused on him and got shaken up when he had an eye contact with the said boy. The boy stopped the song and looked at him up and down, kinda checking him out ?

"I don't do make up to boys" he said and mark could swear he never heard a voice that sweet in his entire life.

"U-uh i-i didn't come here f-for make up"

"Oh ? Then why a cute boy like you came to my room ? To make out with me ? I'm sorry but i don't kiss straight guys."

Mark thought that maybe he should say he isn't straight and that he wouldn't mind kissing him. But, again, he didnt want herin to kill him cause he was late to give her the spray at time.

"No no i uhm herin asked for a spray"

"Herin ? Oh my god my favorite girlie!! What spray she needs ?? I would give her all of it!"

"Uh the one for her face"

"......that isn't so helpful blondie"

"Uhhh to hold her make up ? i guess ?"

"Oh she needs a setting spray?!"

"Yes! Yes that one!"

The boy turned around to the table that was full of make up products and found a pink metal bottle that "setting spray for the wild ones" written on it and mark had to hold himself for not laughing out loud at the writing on it cause wow, that did fit with herin so much.

"Here. This is the best one i have. Tell her that she should not open her eyes till she feels the spray got dry on her skin or else her eyes will burn."

"Uh okay"

"Is there anything else you will say beside "uh" ? Cause i'm pretty sure herin is waiting for this spray right now."

'Well you are very pretty, no lies' mark didnt say this thought of him too and just nodded instead.

"Uh, no, i don't have anything else to say"

"Good" the boy said and smiled sweetly "then go give herin the spray." He said while walking back to the girl in the chair. Mark just nodded and walked to the door.

"Oh and mark"

"Yeah ?"

"Visit me some time. Seeing a cute face like yours highers up my mood." Donghyuck said with a wink and went back to applying jessica's lipstick.

Mark nodded again and ran back to their room. But his mind was full of questions. The biggest one was "how the heck he knows my name ????"

"MARK LEE I ING LOVE U! I WOULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW IF YOU WEREN'T A BOY AND MY BESTIE" herin said after spraying the spray all over her face for a while. Mark got choked on it's smell but it was fine as long as herin didn't choke him in his sleep for making her go to the party without that stupid spray on her face.

"You're welcome princess. Now go and get your girl you tiger."

Herin laughed and winked at him "you can be sure that i will."

Mark laughed too. He knew hina liked herin back as much she liked her so he was pretty sure they will have some kisses tonight.

"Do you want me to leave the room empty in case you take her here" mark said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Herin hit on his arm playfully "ugh shut up idiot.......but you can do that to be honest."

"Herin oh my god!"

"Not in that way!! Maybe we can cuddle up and sleep together! In the same bed i mean! Maybe we can make out a bit too. But thats all!! Im a good girl you know!"

Mark laughed again and petted her head "i know darling."

Herin rolled her eyes again "i will go now since you got your "i'll tease you to death" mode on"

"Okay. Don't jump on her right when you see her tho."

"I can't promise" herin said with a chuckle before walking out of the room and pecked a kiss on mark's cheek.

"Love ya"

"Love ya too babe"

When mark was left alone in their room he did what he said to herin that he will do and had a doctor who marathon. But his mind was on the make up boy tho. His name was donghyuck, right ? Lee donghyuck ?

The boy who made mark lee's dead heart beat so hard and fast against his chest...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Girlieeeeee look what i got for youuuu-oh "

Mark would've laugh at his reaction if donghyuck didn't look so god damn good with dark eye make up and made him gulp down immidietly the moment he entered the room, talking loudly with his cheerful, honey like, sweet voice.

"Uhm hi" mark said awkwardly, putting his book about mandela effect down on his knees.

"Hi" donghyuck said with his flirty smile "herin isn't here yet ?"

"Nope. I guess, i hope to be honest, she stayed at hina's room. Or at one of the other girls'room."

"You didn't call her ? Aren't you worried for her ???" Donghyuck asked with his eyebrow rised up and again, god damn he looked so good when he was serious.

"I did call her but she didn't answer. But nah i'm not worried for her. She had done that like million times before. She always parties hard and wakes up in one of her friend's room. At this point she just rarely wakes up in our room after a party. So i'm used to it."

"Oh..." red haired one said and smiled again "well, i got this new setting spray just for her cause no girl in lee donghyuck's area can leave her room without her face sprayed and setted up so i'll just put it here. When she comes back tell her that she is still my favorite girlie even though she doesn't come to my room thesedays as much as she used to."

"Uh okay"

"Is "uh" your favorite word mark lee ?"

"U-uh no. But uhm how do you know my name ?"

"How do i know your name ???"

"Yeah i...uhm...we never met before so how do you know my name ???"

"Are you ing kidding me ?"

Donghyuck looked at him with so much disbelief written on his face that mark just wanted to hide under his blanket till he leaves the room.

"Uhm no ?"

"We have same classes mark. I see you for four hours every day. And you are telling me that you had never saw me in any of those classes ?"

"What ?? No! I would notice you if we were in the same classes!"

"Well, thank you i feel fluttured for that but it means you really didn't notice me."

'Oh .' Mark thought and felt so, so bad when donghyuck said "It feels bad you know, man. I thought you would notice me..."

"I-i'm so sorry. I-i really didn't mean to-"

"Do you want to make me feel better ?"

"U-uhm yeah ? I me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter