STAGE III

Complicated Threats
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After BTS had seen the photos, they decided to step up the security - Hoseok and Yoongi would be beside Bae Shinyong at all times, while Jin and Taehyung would be located nearby, watching the surroudings.

Jimin and Namjoon would stay at their base, tracing the address of the email and looking for who might have taken the photos.

As for Jungkook, he was responsible for helping Jimin and Namjoon while standing by in case Haejin wanted to leave the house.

 

Haejin had managed to remain calm even after being threatened with such photos, only speaking up to protest against being placed on house arrest by her father.

He wouldn't take any of it however, saying this was only temporary until everything was taken care of.

 

After they had worked out the details, BTS had returned to their base to prepare before the four members had to leave with the client to his office.

The six males watched as the youngest male slammed the door to his room shut.

No one had ever gotten past Jungkook.

They were confused, to say the least.

 

Why hadn't he checked the washroom beforehand?

It was a precaution he always made sure to take. 

But he was busy in his own head thinking about the girl.

He allowed her to get in his way.

He allowed himself to get distracted.

 

Yea, she was still a royal pain in the .

 

"Don't blame him, I was in a rush and ran in. Besides, I chose to attend the party last minute. How did the threatening my family know I'd be there?"

At the new voice, BTS faced the door to see Haejin.

"How did you get in?" Namjoon asked, surprised by the presence.

"I live in this house, I know the code to every floor." 

"I'm so sorry about this, Jungkook's normally very throrough when it comes to missions. I'll apologize on his behalf." Jimin said.

"You're a lot nicer than him. That's nice." Haejin smiled, causing the six males burst out in laughter.

 

"Which room is my babysitter in?" She asked, after being introduced to everyone in the living room.

 

---

 

Jungkook observed the photos again, attempting to dig up any clues as to who could have been responsible for making threats against his clients.

"I'll admit, this is pretty creepy. And I've been through my fair share of disturbing situations." Haejin said from against his door, causing Jungkook's head to snap up and scowling at her presence.

"How did you get in?"

"The guys told me which room you're in."

Jungkook grunted before he looked back down at the photos.

"At least they were nice enough to leave out any graphic pictures." He muttered, noting how she was only washing her hands or looking in the mirror in the photos.

"I bet you would've loved to see that." Haejin rolled her eyes before pausing. "Wait, you probably already do don't you? I bet my father installed security cameras in my room."

"Not in your washroom, which I noticed you always change in." Jungkook refuted.

"When your father keeps insisting on security you don't need, changing in the comfort of privacy becomes a habit."

"Don't worry, I enjoy my privacy too. Besides, I don't like prying into the lives of people I babysit."

 

Behind the two bantering individuals, the other six members of BTS gawked in bewilderment.

 

"Why is he letting her talk to him like that?"

"When did they become so friendly?"

"Can I talk to him like that?"

 

---

 

After Hoseok, Yoongi, Jin and Taehyung had left with Haejin back up to her floor, Jungkook sat with Jimin examining all of the photos and videos uploaded onto the internet from the party the night before to look for anything that appeared suspicious.

 

"Jungkook, can I speak to you?" Namjoon asked, walking into the room full of computers an hour later.

"Sure, I could take a break." Jungkook mumbled, rubbing his eyes and following him out to the kitchen.

 

"Did you find something else?" He asked the older male, accepting the cup of coffee offered.

"It's not that. It's just, you've never failed to take precautions. You also never attempt to get to know our clients on a personal level, but the way you and Haejin speak to each other is different." Namjoon began, choosing his words carefully.

Jungkook placed his cup down on the table, observing his leader. "What are you trying to say?"

"If, by any chance you have feelings for-"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter