END

catalyst.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hand propping his head up, Jihoon tapped the edge of his ballpoint pen against the pristine paper before him, tired of the endless lines and tables before him. Eyes flickering up, he caught sight of the black haired male before him, eyes down on the similar sheet of paper before him, pen tapping lightly with the music playing through his headphones. Taking the liberty of the male who was busy with the papers before him, Jihoon let his gaze travel, taking in the sharp jawline, those long and thick lashes framing his eyes and the look of concentration as the male busied himself with the paperwork before him. Noticing his gaze, the older looked up, hand instinctively pulling the black headset down, the soft but sick beat escaping the initially enclosed cavern -- it was hip-hop again. "Something that matters?" Jihoon blinked at the question directed at him before shaking his head, "Nothing much, just thinking about some stuff, sunbae."

"Mhmm, call me if you need any help, sorry to ask you to help," the older sent the younger brunette a sheepish grin. "I'm part of the council as well so it is part of my duty, so don't worry about it, sunbae," Jihoon merely shook his head before pulling his gaze down to the half-filled form. It seemed like he was getting pretty obvious with his staring, letting out an inward sigh the pen tip touched the pristine paper once more, inking more words into the endless tables of the council logistics.

"Seungcheol ah!" The bright voice called out gave away the owner of the voice before he was visibly seen as the blond haired male popped out by the frame of the wooden door. Jihoon watched as a smile spread across the older male even before he looked up. “Have you finally decided to show your face around, Jeonghan?” The teasing edge in Seungcheol’s voice could be heard. “You make me sound as though I don’t do my duties at all,” Jeonghan chuckled as he settled on a nearby chair, his attention drifting to settle on Jihoon who merely bowed his head as he lowered his head, pen scribbling across the pristine papers. As they worked, Jihoon noticed the council vice president had begun to hum, a familiar tune of an old track which Jihoon recognised his grandmother used to play. A glance to the president seated before him, too caught up in his own music and paperwork to notice the little tune filling up the empty council room.

 

---

Soft but melodious. The wordless tune drifted between the idle chatter filling up the hallway. Drawn by the familiar tune, Jihoon’s gaze shifting forward, Jihoon caught sight of the duo chilli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter