Chapter 33

Hey Playboy, Remember Me?

 

           The weekend came by in a flash. More and more each day, you’ve been getting closer and closer to Infinite with Chunji by your side to help you out. As you and Infinite got closer, there was still more competition between you and Seungyeon, though she doesn’t bug you as much anymore. Even so, since you’re so busy, you haven’t been catching up with Mina lately so today you decided to hang out with her.

           “I feel like we haven’t hung out in forever,” Mina playfully scowled at you. The both of you decided to spend the day shopping since Mina wanted new clothes, adapting more to her new stylish-not-nerdy life. You, on the other hand, needed a new dress.

           “Is this cute?” you held the dress against your body.

           Mina gave you a teasing look, “Girl, who are you trying so hard to impress? Hmm?” She wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

           Pfft, I don’t even need to try.” You joked, sadly putting the dress down- maybe not that one then.

           “This looks cute.” She pulled out a silky animal-print dress. “It totally matches you.”

           “Ooo, I can wear my black trench overcoat with it!” you clapped.

           “So… wanna tell me who the guy is?”

           “Nobody, I’m going out for a family dinner.” Though you hated lying to Mina, you always had to. You didn’t want her to know anything about the vengeance you had planned for Woohyun. Like Chunji said, you just needed to focus on that- nothing else, no distractions.

           “Whatever you say,” she sang.

-

            “Aw man, I’m beat.” She plopped onto her chair and dropped her bags on either sides of her.

            You came back with the ice creams, sitting across from her and digging into your delicious treat. A buzz from your phone signaled that you received a text.

            ~I’ll pick you up at seven. See you later. ~ Nam WhoreHyun

            “Chunji?” Mina asked.

            Quickly, you put your phone away after checking the time: 5:55 – just about an hour left and you needed that hour to get ready.

            You shot up from your seat, “Hey, Mina, I need to go. I’m going to be late for the family dinner. My mom just texted me. Come on, I’ll drop you off.”

            “If you’re going to be late, it’s fine, I can just take the bus.” She smiled, shooing you off.

            “Thanks, Mina. I’ll text you later.” You hurried, grabbing your bags and rushing off to your motorcycle.

----------

            Once you got home, you busted through your door and threw everything onto your bed. In a rush, you didn’t even take off your shoes and ended up having to take them off as you dashed to the bathroom to shower.

            You took a quick ten minute shower, running to your room in a towel with another towel wrapped around your head. You looked at the clock to check the time. 6:35.

            .   

            You your curler to let it warm up before dumping out all your bags of clothes to look for the dress. You then grabbed the hair dryer and started it up. Curse this day for having to use too much heat on your hair, but it was needed.

            Minutes were passing by quickly and you were barely ready. A door bell echoed through your apartment. Woohyun was here a little earlier than intended. You threw on some random clothes.

            He let out a small chuckle, taking notice of your half curled hair and random choice of clothes. “Not ready yet?”  He was wearing a nice suite and boy- you would be lying if you said he didn’t look good in it.

            You responded back with a cute pout.

            “It’s okay, take your time.”

            You ended up letting Woohyun into your living room as you got ready, giving him a glass of juice. “You can watch TV. Give me like… fifteen minutes.”

             “Hey, no rush.” He smiled.

            Still anyways, you scurried off into your room and closed the door shut. You felt bad for making him wait. Curling the rest of your hair, you did lose curls to make it quicker. You applied your makeup easily and moved onto your outfit. Putting on the dress, you added some cute earrings and a bracelet. Knowing it would be a bit chilly, you grabbed a cute trench overcoat, matching with some cute black pumps. You put on the trench overcoat to cover your dress and walked out to meet Woohyun.

            He stood up, “Wow,” he was honestly breathless. Even Seungyeon never impressed him to such a degree.

-

            You arrived at a fancy restaurant. Before you could open your door, Woohyun had already jogged to your side to open it for you. As you walked to the front door, Woohyun placed a light hand on your hip. At first you were startled by his sudden skin ship, but he held you close by his side anyways.

           You felt a sudden rush of heat to your cheeks as the waiter led you to a room. It was your first time being taken to such a nice restaurant by a guy. It was dim and a table sat in the middle with two chairs. It has a nice romantic feel to it, but you knew better than to let it get to you. You had to keep watch for that Playboy.

            Woohyun led you to one of the chairs, pulling it out for you. Before you sat down, you pulled off your trench overcoat. Woohyun was rendered speechless. After pushing in your chair for you, the both of you ordered your food and had a nice dessert of ice cream. Your favorite.

            You noticed that throughout dinner Woohyun would steal glances of you and avoided making eye contact each time he talked. By the time dinner was over, you felt like you were in a food-coma and your dress was a bit tighter than before.

            ‘I need to hit the gym tomorrow,’ you thought.

-

            “I’ll walk you up to your apartment.” Woohyun said, unbuckling his seatbelt.

            The short walk was silent as you now stood at your door. “Thanks for taking me out, Woohyun. I’ll see you at school.”

            He gave you a small nod of acknowledgement. As you were about to walk into your apartment, he stopped you. “Veronica.”

            You turned around, “…Yeah?”

            Softly, he stared into your eyes and placed a gentle hand on the side of your neck, his fingertips touching your nape. Slowly, he leaned in and pressed his lips to yours.

            You kept your eyes open, not once closing them since you knew better, and replied back to his kiss.

            Woohyun did the same. 


Sorry I haven't updated in a while. 
Happy New Years guys!

Comment. Subscribe. Enjoy.
-Thanks guys!