Make Me Love You

Yoontae One-Shots ("My Voice" Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taeyeon is an independent woman who lived in NYC by herself. It was three years ago when she decided to left Korea do to a tragedy. Taeyeon and her soon-to-be-husband got a fatal accident right after he proposed her. It was their graduation day at the university. Yes, Taeyeon and her late boyfriend took some major in the same college which was architecture. They dated since their first year. After attending the graduation ceremony, the two had romantic dinner and at that moment, Taeyeon’s boyfriend proposed her. On the way taking Taeyeon home, they got an accident. Their car crashed another car then fall into the abys. Thank God, Taeyeon was get her second chance to life after recovered from serious injury, but unfortunately her boyfriend did not make it after coma for days. Taeyeon was very devastated. She need psychiatric treatment for a while, then decided to leave and now she is staying in NYC. Thanks to her uncle, which is resident in the US, who have helped her open a coffee shop at the Broome St. that is near NYU. She tried so hard to erase the painful memory of the accident but it was never easy. Even after many years, the memories still remain clear in her head. She lives a hard life. In every night, she is never going to bed without tears falling down her face.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona is Korean-American girl who is going to NYU and taking liberal art major. It was her final year. She lives at an apartment around the college while her whole family moved back to Seoul a couple month ago because her dad’s job. One day, she was at her way back to her place after did some stuffs for her project at college’s lab. She stoped by at a coffee shop before reached her apartment. It was the first time that Yoona met Taeyeon, the owner of the coffee shop.

Did it close already? But the light is still ON. Maybe I can still have a cup of coffee. Ah, my head is so heavy. I think I really need much dose of caffeine. Yoona said in her mind, then she parked her car in front of the café.

 

“Excuse me? Can I have a cup of coffee please?” Said Yoona while she is entering the café.

 

The beautiful lady, who was busy tidying the table, turned to face her, “I’m afraid you can’t, Miss. We closeed already. Maybe you missed the sign on the door?”

 

Obviously, Yoona was fascinated with the beauty and grace of the woman who greeted her. She can’t move her eyes from staring at her.

 

“Miss, I said we already closed..” Said Taeyeon again.

 

“Ah, yes.. That’s too bad. But since I’m already here and you also still here, so….? Please, mam?”

 

Taeyeon stayed still for a while probably thinking if she had to send away the girl but she unexpectedly did the opposite.  

 

“Alright then. Take your sit, miss. What do you want to drink? But we have sold out our foods.”

 

“I just need a cup of macchiato please. Anyway thank you for let me in. I know it’s seems rude but yeahh it will be nice to get some before I went home. Sorry?”

 

Taeyeon went to the pantry and it was not take a long time until she walk to Yoona’s table with a cup of macchiato.

 

“It’s alright. Here’s your coffee, miss.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Hmmm… Could you please sit down with me? I.. Ah.. I, I hate it when I’m drinking alone. It seems you have nothing to do but waiting for me to finish this cup..” Plead Yoona with a silly smile and some nervousness. Than Taeyeon takes a seat across her. Taeyeon agreed to accompany this young girl customer just because she have nothing left to do.  “Thank you. Ah, sorry again for making you serve a customer in your after hours. My name Yoona by the way. I think I will often come from now on. It’s a weird I just found this nice place since I already going around for almost four years. Are you work here or..?”

 

“I’m Taeyeon.” Said Taeyeon with tried-to-smile-face. “The owner by the way”

 

“Ah, Sorry Miss.. Mam… Hmmm… Taeyeon? Nice name. Are you Korean? I mean it’s cool to have a Korean friend here, right? I have no one before.”

 

“So you are a Korean too, Yoona ssi? So, yes. I think I’m older than you so you have to call me unnie?” Answer Taeyeon. She was starting to open with the conversation. The fact is it’s a little bit weird. She never talks much to her customer and she never sits there to do conversation like this before.

 

“Are we friend now, Taeyeon….. unnie?” Yoona raises her hand to got a shake from the latter girl.

 

 

Start from that day, Yoona comes often to the café. She have a good friendship with Taeyeon. She one time, waiting Taeyeon untill she were off from her work and offered to send her home. Gladly, Taeyeon received the offer. They always have a good conversation on their way back home. But not close en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter