December 14th

A Wish Upon A Shooting Star

When Jinki woke up the next morning, he felt okay. He didn't feel great, but to be honest, he almost never felt great anymore. He didn't always feel horrible, but he could always feel that something was wrong in his body. 

The only time when he felt fractionally better, was when a certain brown-haired, dark-eyed, sweet-smiled, and just overall attractive man came by to visit. When he was around Jonghyun, it almost felt like he wasn't sick anymore, as if the younger had just taken away the illness that was currently consuming Jinki's life. And when the younger left, it felt like it came back tenfold. 

Again today, there was a knock on the door around 10pm, like usual. Jinki hurried to open the door. 

“Hey.” He said as he let Jonghyun inside. 

“Hi.” Jonghyun greeted. Jinki smiled, which also seemed to reflect on Jonghyun's face. 

“How are you feeling today? Better than yesterday?” Jonghyun asked, gently placing his hand on Jinki's forehead.

“Yes, I feel a lot better.” Jinki said. It wasn't a total lie. He definitely felt better now that Jonghyun was here. 

“Good, I'm glad. Do you want something to drink?” Jonghyun said, assuming the role of “host” that Jinki had possessed till now. 

“Yeah, some water would be nice, actually.” Jinki said, walking towards the couch. 

Jonghyun joined him a moment later, bringing a cup of coffee for himself, and a glass of water for Jinki. 

A comfortable silence enveloped them, as they sipped on their respective beverages. Suddenly, Jonghyun turned towards Jinki. 

“Jinki?” Jonghyun asked. Said man looked at him curiously. 

“Yes?” Jinki answered. For a moment, Jonghyun seemed conflicted, almost like he was trapped in a dilemma.

“It's nothing, forget that I said anything.” He said after a moment. Jinki looked at him even more quizzically, but didn't say anything regardless. 

They started their usual talking about anything and nothing. A while later, Jonghyun asked again. 

“Jinki?” Jonghyun said. Jinki looked at his, trying to usher him to any the words that he apparently found so hard. 

“Yes, Jonghyun?” Jinki asked. Again, Jonghyun's face assumed a mask of conflict ion, confusion and overall indecisiveness. 

“I...I really, really care about you, you know that right?” Jonghyun said. Jinki was confused. Why would Jonghyun have to say that he cared about him, he practically showed it every single day. 

“I know. I care a lot about you too.” The older said. 

“But that's not...what I mean.” Jonghyun said, the indecisive look on his face suddenly disappearing. 

Suddenly, Jonghyun leaned in, closing the gap between them, placing his soft lips on Jinki's. The older froze for a second, shocked by this sudden development in their relationship. But after a few seconds he slowly melted into the kiss.

And suddenly, a bad feeling overtook Jinki. It wasn't a physical discomfort, but a more mental, emotional one. He slowly placed his hand on Jonghyun's chest and pushed the younger away. 

“We shouldn't be doing this.” Jinki said quietly, avoiding Jonghyun's eyes completely. 

“Why? Don't try to tell me that you don't feel the same, when you clearly do.” Jonghyun said, the pain of rejection clear in his eyes. 

“Don't you understand? I'm dying. Soon. This is not right.” Jinki said, slowly scooting further away from Jonghyun, who just scooted closer. 

“Well I think this feels completely right. You say that you're dying, then why not make the best of the time we have?” Jonghyun argued. Jinki wanted to say that he felt the same, that he didn't care that he was dying, and that he would happily spend his last time with Jonghyun. And he would. But he couldn't. 

“I can't do this, Jonghyun. I'm sorry, but getting involved with someone right now will only end badly.” Jinki said. 

“Then, at least tell me one thing. Please tell me, without lying, that you don't feel the same way as I do. Can you tell me that?” Jonghyun said. 

“No, I can't say that. Look, I think it's best if you leave now, Jonghyun. And maybe you should take tomorrow off as well. I think we could both use a day away from each other.” Jinki said. Jonghyun gathered his stuff and walked out of the door. 

As soon as the door closed, Jinki grabbed a pillow and flung it across the room, into a wall. Tears were already streaming down his cheeks. Why did dying have to be so hard? Couldn't he just drop dead and be free of all his worries?

When Jonghyun reached his home, he locked the door to his room and flung himself of the bed, crying his eyes out. Why did he have to fall in love with someone who was dying? If they had both been healthy, it could have worked out perfectly. 

And so, a day that had started with both of them being happy together, ended with both of them being miserable, without one another.

--------------------------------
An: I'm sorry if this chapter is extremely dramatic, but I kinda need this story to start moving, and this was the best way to go. Please tell me if I completely at writing, by leaving a comment, it means a lot and is great motivation for me to continue writing this story every single day. 

Merry December 14th (And happy birthday to the best leader ever, SHINee's Onew)