1/1

Safe Place

 

There was a single window in the basement, placed at the very top of the wall facing the garden. Which meant that from the outside, it was right above the ground. As he crawled through, Taemin thought it was foolish of the other to leave it open at night.

It was the sound of his feet searching for something to land on, and in the process kicking the chest of drawer’s underneath, that woke up the elder who were sleeping peacefully on the bed.

Minho opened his eyes slowly, watching the body hanging from his window with his shoulders and chest still outside before his feet finally found ground on the piece of furniture.

“What the Taemin,” he mumbled tiredly, watching as Taemin finally got through the window and jumped off the furniture to make his way to Minho’s bed in the dark. Minho moved a bit to make space for the younger who crawled under his blanket.

“You know, there’s this awesome thing called a door upstairs.” Minho said with a yawn. “Made for people to enter houses.”

“Shut up,” Taemin pulled on the others arm until he could comfortable lie his head on his chest. “Sneaking in is much more fun. Why would you leave the window open anyway? I could’ve been a burglar.”

Minho almost snorted, eyes closed again and half asleep. “Burglar. You probably woke up the whole neighborhood. ‘Sides, you’re the only one tiny enough to get through that window.” “I’m not tiny,” Taemin protested with a small pout. Minho just smiled though, not answering. He pressed his lips to the youngers forehead, pulling him a little closer.

“I missed you.” Taemin whispered then, eyes still open and looking right at Minho’s closed ones.

“You saw me yesterday,” Minho mumbled, having no sense of what time it was.

“A few hours ago, actually.” Taemin corrected him.

“Huh.” Minho thought aloud, wondering if he had really only been a sleep for a couple of hours. “Then why would you miss me already?”

“Am I not allowed to?” “No.” Minho joked, cupping Taemin’s cheek and ran his thumb over his cheekbone. The friction caused a low hiss from the other, and Minho finally opened his eyes.

Even in the dark he could see the bruise darkening the skin around the youngers cheek. “Again?” he frowned a bit, carefully removing his hand from the bruise. “Taemin, you-“

“It’s nothing.” Taemin interrupted, moving in to softly kiss his boyfriend in an attempt to shut him up.

It worked. Minho knew he couldn’t do much to help Taemin and his mother. He knew Taemin didn’t want to speak about it. What he could do, was offering him a safe place. With a sigh, he moved his arm, stuck under Taemin’s head, and softly ran his hand through the youngers hair.

“You’re safe here.” He said then. “But you better go to sleep, my parents are going to force you to church tomorrow morning for staying the night.”

Thus, Taemin gave the other a last kiss before closing his eyes, falling asleep peacefully and safe in his arms.


a/n: unbetaed, but here it is. hope you enjoyed.

leave a comment and make me happy!