Complicated

Not Another Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Renjun is eating his favorite ramen when the door bell rang. He quickly went to the door to open it when he saw his childhood bestfriend, Jaemin wearing his most famous smile. Renjun took a step back to welcome him inside. Being the closest person he ever had, Jaemin made himself comfortable on the couch, laying his legs on the arm rest and swayed like a child could.

"Junnie..." Jaemin called his best friend while he let his eyes close feeling tired all of a sudden. "I think I'm in love." He said and opened his eyes to see Renjun eating his ramen. Jaemin pouted at his best friend's lack of interest so he decided to push it along.

".. with Jeno."

*spit* *coughs so hard*

"Oh God! Are you okay Junnie?" Jaemin sat up from his laying position when he saw Renjun coughing like there's no tomorrow. He ran to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water for his best friend to drink. Renjun immediately grabbed the glass and drank to clear his throat.

"Are you okay now?" Jaemin asked worriedly and Renjun nodded his head.

"I'm okay."

"Thank God. I don't want to lose my best friend since I don't have anyone to tell about Jeno." Renjun looked at his best friend again in disbelief. How can he like Jeno the way he likes him too? Well, given fact that Jeno is handsome, boyfriend material and smart that made some girls and even boys swoon over for his attention, he's not that popular enough unlike Mark, who's extremely popular due to his fully capable talents and charms. Jeno is just an average guy but enough to have his own fandom too.

As far as Renjun knew, Jaemin likes the Mark-type-of-a-guy. He knew it since he already dated two famous school jockey and basketball player before. Jeno never stood out in any sports. He's just a guy who prefers to stay in the library to read or to sleep that even his ex-boyfriend, Donghyuck left him to the famous Mark because he's boring.

In contrast to Donghyuck and Jaemin, Renjun likes a boy who's extremely quiet and sweet. He likes to spend their dates in the library where they can silently enjoy each other's presence.

 

 

"What do you see in him?" Renjun managed to ask while cleaning the bowl that he used for the ramen. He was clearly focused on washing the bowl that he keeps on scrabbing the outside portion of it. 

"Are you blind? Oh God Renjun he is perfect! He has the looks, the brain and he's really really awesome." Renjun can see those heart eyes on Jaemin. This made him more guilty. 

"But he's boring. He's always at the library, studying or something." Renjun snapped back but Jaemin rolled his eyes in return. "That makes me love him more." 

"That's so unsual of you." 

"I changed my preferences." Jaemin shrugged and plopped back to the sofa and switched on the TV to watch. Renjun just sat up, grabbed his phone and saw that he has two notifications from Jeno. He smiled at himself as he read the message that his crush sent to him. 

 

From: Jeno-jam

Injunnie!!!! I miss u!

 

From: Jeno-jam

Im eating ramen now. Hope ure not hungry. 

 

Renjun wanted to squeal but having Jaemin in front of him, he controlled himself from doing it. Jeno and Renjun had been texting and chatting since last year. It started when Jeno posted a long message in his status about his ex boyfriend, Donghyuck. Renjun isn't a nosy type of person but he just wanted to comfort a friend until they became close. Through Renjun, Jeno moved on from the heart break. No one knew about this since both of them act awkward in person but very loud and sweet in messages. Heck, both of them talk about personal lives, on what favorite color they want, what nicknames they got when they were young and the most embarassing moments they experienced before. In short, Renjun and Jeno already knew each other. In fact, Jeno named Renjun "Injun" since Renjun's nick name given by his mother when he was young while Renjun named Jeno "Jeno-jam" since Jeno was known as a "boring" type of person when he was still in elementary and his classmates gave him that nickname. 

 

To: Jeno-jam

Just eat your ramen. I just ate mine and already washed the dishes. Happy eating! :)

 

Renjun threw his phone on his side when he felt it buzzed again, telling that he has another message from Jeno. 

 

From: Jeno-jam

Awww.. sad. I want to make a video call and watch each other eat. :(

 

To: Jeno-jam

We still have next time. :)

 

From: Jeno-jam

Waiting for that 'next time'. o_<

 

To: Jeno-jam

:3

 

 

"Hey guys! Can I sit here?" Renjun turned around to see Jeno holding a tray of food in his hands, standing behind him and wearing his best and famous eye smile. Jaemin, on the other hand, was blushing so much that he kept on hiding his face so that the other won't notice it. Renjun wanted to say no but he knew that his best friend will be mad at him if he didn't let Jeno stay and eat with them on this table.

Renjun moved to the left and gave Jeno enough space to sit. The awkwardness started that made Jeno took initiative to start the conversation which Jaemin responded consistently. In short, Renjun was left out. He felt like he was third wheeling the two as he can hear Jaemin's flirtitious tone whenever he talks to his crush.

Renjun felt irritated but he can never ever hate his childhood best friend just because of a guy.

"Can we hang out later after class?" Jeno asked that made Jaemin nods instantly.

"I'll pass. I need to do something later at home." Renjun lied and looked at Jaemin who's smiling so bright at him. Renjun just didn't want to see the two flirting with each other and him feeling third wheeling again. So he lied.

"Then I'll see you later, Jaemin. Bye Renjun!" Jeno left the table to go to his favorite place... the library.

 

 

"Thank you very much Renjunnie!!!" Jaemin gave Renjun a tight hug. Renjun, on the other hand, closed his eyes and tried to control his emotions. He doesn't want to let Jaemin see him  crying. Never ever. Even if it hurts so much, he doesn't want his best friend see these tears most especially if the reason is his best friend's crush. 

"Enjoy your date later." A bitter response from Renjun's tongue.

 

 

 

Renjun was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter