Jaljayo, Good Night

Please Never Grow Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 27, 2017 [Dahyun: almost 2 years old; Chaeyoung: 1 year old; Tzuyu: 10 months old]

 

After pouring herself a fresh cup of coffee, Nayeon made her way back to the living room, book in hand. She was looking forward to enjoying some peace and quiet after she had settled Tzuyu and Dahyun down for their afternoon naps in their room. Nayeon sighed and looked at her remaining daughter. Unlike her siblings, Chaeyoung remained wide awake on the living room floor, playing with the blocks her Jeongyeon eomma gave her for her birthday. Nayeon walked over to the couch closest to the busy Chaeyoung and sunk into the cushions.

 

After taking a long sip of her coffee, she put the mug down and continued watching her daughter stack the colorful blocks on the floor with her back to her mother. There wasn’t a pattern at all or a real plan to the building, it seemed. Chaeyoung was just having fun stacking the blocks as high as she could. Nayeon chuckled softly and picked up her book.

 

Looking back once again at her daughter, Nayeon called softly, “Chaengie baby, do you want to come sit with eomma?” Perking up at hearing her name, Chaeyoung turned to look back at her mother over her shoulder. Chaeyoung gave her eomma a blank expression, blinked, and turned back to resume her building.

 

Nayeon snorted to herself. Chaeyoung was just like her Momo eomma; once she was focused on a task it was difficult to pull her attention elsewhere. Nayeon cracked open the cover of her book, which she had been waiting for the right time to start all week, and began reading the first chapter. She tried focusing on the words of the page but her mind kept wandering to the cute little girl on the living room floor. Sighing, Nayeon pulled her head out of her book and watched her daughter again.

 

It amazed Nayeon how much Chaeyoung had grown in the past few months. She was now able to sit up on her own. Her soft baby hair began to grow out a little, curling slightly around her ears. With the late spring heat, the little girl was dressed only in her diaper and a t-shirt; her hair even more poofy with the humidity. Nayeon watched as Chaeyoung dropped a block onto the floor and watched it clatter, giggling to herself at the outcome. Nayeon smiled. She couldn’t help herself anymore.

 

Grabbing a pillow off the couch, Nayeon walked over to where Chaeyoung sat on the floor. She bent down slightly and ran her hand over her daughter’s soft downy hair, getting the girl’s attention. Chaeyoung raised her chin up to look at who interrupted her playtime. Her wide brown eyes landed on Nayeon’s and she grinned, showing her eomma the few teeth she had. Nayeon smiled back enthusiastically at the silly girl.

 

“Chaengie, can I sit with you?” Nayeon asked, shifting the pillow and book in her hands.

 

“Maa!” said Chaeyoung in between gurgles at her mother. Nayeon stifled a laugh. Taking that response as a yes, she dropped the pillow on the carpeted floor next to Chaeyoung and laid on her back, propping herself up on the pillow. Chaeyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter