/1

GIFTED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the day—the day Kwon Ji Yong will be free from high school. Oh God, how glad Jiyong feels like right now. No more the needs to wake up early every day, to do homeworks, to attend clubs, to confront the pitiful boys every day, to face the hungry eyes of the girls, to hear the lectures from the lazy damn teachers, long story short, there's no more high school!

Jiyong feels like a caged bird that finally can fly again. He feels like a free fish that can swim freely in the infinite depth of the ocean. He also feels like a tiger... alright, he should stop there.

He chuckles mentally at his own random thought thinking of 'freedom'. Ahh, freedom that he craves so bad since he gets his first wet dream, five years ago. Not to mention, he dreamt of a boy instead of a girl. Since then, he's doomed. It's hard to look at the boys when the dreams kept flashing before his eyes. But so far, there's none can arouse him. With the end of school, he's no longer needed to see the boys who like him in secret.

Honestly, he knows he's gorgeous. It's not a wonder that the boys like him, but he doesn't like them. They're kind of... sad and always . Jiyong wants someone who's different, unique and of course, a boy. He's determined to find someone special for his self later in the university that he's applied before his graduation day—if his application gets accepted.

“Wow! What a gorgeous! I wonder how I look like if I dye my—”

“Eeh, is he an idol? He looks like one, though. I envy his hai—”

“Tch. Youngster nowadays with their weird hair color. Haihh...”

“Oh God damn, what a hot daddy. Please notice me, daddy~”

He grimaces when he hears the last words that maybe comes from an unknown erted boy... or worst a erted man.

Daddy, the unknown person called? Does he look like a daddy type? He's still seventeen years old, for 's sake! Which part of him that makes him look... alright, he knows the comment come out obviously because of his hair—his snow-white hair.

Yes, he loves white sue him. Still, just from the color of his hair though, he's been called 'daddy' for so many times already. Since he dyed his hair into white in color, strangers (mostly men) had been calling him that shamelessly.

He doesn't mind. He doesn't even care what they call him. He's only curious... why do they call him like that? He's a little skinny as his body hasn't fully developed yet. He can wear his sister's dress and flirt with men without getting caught and then here he is, being called daddy by strangers. He heaves a defeated sigh. Really, this mystery is mysterious even for him.

Well, if he thinks about it again, maybe this happens because of his image and attitude? He's your typical bad boy in school. He changed his hair color every month until he finally fixed on white. He skipped classes. He was rude towards people and cigarettes had never left his lips. Not to mention, he had broken a lot of girls' hearts that had confessed to him. He had humiliated the boys in public for his own entertainment. Still, despite all of that, they love him. He didn't understand about it himself. He did it to get hates from them, instead they loved him even more, even called him daddy because of that. They said it was suitable for him. The boys said he was the dominant type. Seriously, he can't understand what's inside their heads.

People's typical thinking is confusing. He really can't wait to find for his self a lover that's very different from the others, unique, beautiful, and definitely a boy who can arouse him like he's never been aroused before. What he means by ' self' here, he's kind of a in any kind of relationship with someone that's based on love. If in another term, obviously for a bad boy like him, Jiyong's no . Mind you, he's gotten the title 'bad boy' not from nothing alright.

You see, when Jiyong's aroused or , he just needs to say it and 'everybody' in the school will offer their body to him. From there, Jiyong will pick one and do the do inside an empty classroom. So far, Jiyong's never been aroused because of someone. Usually, he became aroused after watching or because of his damn wet dreams. That means he doesn't much, maybe around two times for every one week.

The point here is, the bad boy title for him, he can accept it without any problem because he is a bad boy. The daddy part, though? He can't accept it. It's just... ing why?!

He clicks his tongue, annoyed. This kind of thing (daddy thing) and thought always manage to irk him. With a sigh, he keeps walking on the familiar streets, not minding people's stares on him and people's thoughts of him when he's passing by them. He doesn't mind. He doesn't even care. They are just curious human beings, nothing special in that. Humans and curiosity are no longer strangers, so it's ing understandable, really.

He keeps walking, conquering the streets like a king himself, but not so much like a king though as he's still in his uniform. From time to time, he eyes the strangers around him. They're looking at him like he's an alien with seven legs that has just come from the outer space, but he knows ing well they're thinking of something else, nothing like aliens even appear in their head. It's typical for humans when looking at something seriously attractive, their mind will start working, thinking and imagining things about the subject. Sometimes, it's innocent, or fearsome or even creepy and dark, but mostly it was totally inappropriate, unacceptable, lewd and undoubtedly... yucky.

He cringes mentally as he shakes his head to push the image—

“Please... don't follow me. Please. Please... don't follow me.”

He snaps his head up just within seconds he hears the scared voice. Who was it? Which one? Where's the owner of the voice?

He looks around in complete panic, searching for the owner of the words that had been uttered. There are too many people around him, he can't pin point which one of them his eyes are searching for. People have stopped walking and surrounded him is not helping either. He's really in panic as he gets these feelings saying that he needs to help this unknown person as soon as possible. He tries to push the strangers away, at the same time trying to focus again on the scared voice just now.

“Oh Em Gee! Is he an idol?! A new idol, maybe? Well, it doe—”

“He looks gorgeous, but he has this bad boy aura. It's kind—”

“Where's my camera?! I want to take a picture of his pretty—”

“What are they looking... Oh, who is that? He's so handsome!”

“Ha Ha Ha, that Kwon boy gets surrounded by people again.”

“I don't bo-bother you, so please don't follow me anymore.”

“Kyaaa! He's so freaking handsome! I wonder if he's single?!”

“Oh damn man, I wonder about my uality all of sudden...”

Jiyong starts breathing heavily and his head starts hurting so ing much. There are too much noises and voices around him. It's too ing much voices! Jiyong shuts his eyes tightly, which at the same time he also closes both of his ears with his hands. "SHUT THE UP!" Finally, Jiyong screams on top of his lungs, and all of the noises stop at that. His breath has gone wild, his breathing is uneven and heavy. He takes a deep breath and heaves it out back, trying hard to soothe down his fast-beating heart and his heavy breathing at the same time.

A few of minutes later, he looks up from pacing the pavement. He looks at the people around him, surprisingly they all have turned to a statue, each one of them. It looks like they're just too shocked about his sudden outburst just now to even blink their eyes, but that's what he wants, some peace and silence for a minute to focus his mind on the scared and small voice.

But of course, the small unknown voice has gone. Even when Jiyong starts walking around on the familiar streets, the same unknown voice is long gone. Jiyong sighs, feeling somewhat uneasy and guilty, which he doesn't even know why though.

He wonders whose voice was that just now? They sounded in panic, stiff and somehow terrified, as if they had been chased by something, or maybe someone? Jiyong doesn't know, but now he's left with curiousness rushing through his body.

Jiyong heaves a deep sigh again for the nth time as he starts to move his skinny legs again, making his way back home. It's late after all and Jiyong needs to be back home before dinner time or his mother will choke him to death—alright, he knows that's a bit exaggerated, but he means it something like that.

Anyway, he's glad that the people who had surrounded him just now are long gone. Honestly, because of them that he's lost the voice that's maybe wanting some help or something just now. He hopes the unknown person is alright. Thinking about the stranger in trouble somehow makes him feel uneasy. Oh well, if they're being fated to meet from the beginning, maybe he will meet the unknown person again in future. Who knows?

 

——GIFTED——

 

Jiyong is currently waiting for his sister to pick him up in front of a bus stop. He's just finished his part-time job as a cashier in a cafe that is only ten minutes away from his home. At first, he wanted to work as a waiter in the said cafe, but after some customers kept asking for him over and over again, trying to have a conversation with him using a statement "Can you list out the meals that are the best in this cafe" as an excuse to talk with him, the Manager at last forced him to watch the counter instead, in his very first day of working. Even after that, same incident happened at the counter, so the Manager sometimes had to use force to shoo the persistent customers away after they had had their order. Seriously, they were such a nuisance.

Playfully, he taps his foot on the ground following the rhythm of the music that he's currently listening right now. Jiyong's leaning against the pole that reads 'Bus Stop' while listening to hip hop music with only one earphone is stuffed into his ear. He doesn't want to be totally oblivious to the outside world.

It's almost nine in the evening and his sister is nowhere to be seen. It's freezing, too. He shivers once before he tightens his sweater around him even more. It's almost winter by now, and the weather is extra cold tonight. He looks around him with uninterested eyes, scanning and judging over 3 strangers that had passed by him, looking all exhausted. Perhaps they have just finished with their work, too, just like him. They look like a zombie, when they walk lazily like that with—

“I hope they won't be following me tonight. Tch, what a crap.”

Jiyong snaps his head at that, looking around him frantically within seconds. The moment a young man walks in front of him with his head facing down, he knows the man is the one that his eyes are searching for. Jiyong's heart skips a beat as his eyes keep watching the man, who is about to turn to the left at the corner. At that, Jiyong's quick on his feet without thinking as he runs as fast as he can. He runs so fast that he feels like his chest is about to explode.

"Wait!" He yells to the young man, hoping the man can hear him. "Yo, guy with maroon beanie! Wait!" He yells again when the man doesn't stop, maybe the man thinks he's calling someone else, but when he mentions of his beanie, finally the man stops walking and turns his body around to face Jiyong.

He sighs out of relief when the man stops walking. He walks the rest of his way towards the man with confident steps. When he arrives in front of him, by then he can finally see the man's face and appearance. , the young man is handsome as . Luckily, there's not much light around them. If not, the man may have noticed the red color on Jiyong's face by now.

He clears his throat. "You okay, mmm...?" He asks awkwardly.

The man blushes, too. “Wow, such a gorgeous man you are.”

Jiyong coughs awkwardly in front of the young man. It's hard to maintain a poker face when someone compliments you like that. What else, the man says 'gorgeous' instead of handsome.

"The name is Ian, and yes... I'm okay?" The young man replies uncertainly with a deep frown on his handsome face. He must have felt weirded out that Jiyong's asked a question out of nowhere.

Ian, such a nice name, but put aside about his name. First, he needs to make sure that Ian is okay. He looks around, searching for anything that's chasing after Ian, but there's none. The streets are clear from any dangerous and suspicious people as there aren't many people outside on the streets anymore. He can't help but start wondering if Ian is the same voice he's heard two weeks ago. It's been a while, and he can't recognize the voice anymore... but the 'words' have been uttered sound the same.

If it were truly two different voices, both of them were hoping that they would not get followed by something... or someone or anything that they were talking about. Only, there are slight differences between the two them, but he doesn't know what.

He looks at Ian again when he's sure that it's safe and sound. He gives a smile to him because Ian's currently watching him weirdly with his blue eyes. Oh well, at least Ian's handsome.

Ian's a really tall man, and surprisingly has a snow-white hair, too. Ian's white hair looks suitable for him even though he has a tanned skin. From Ian's accent, he knows Ian's not a Korean, if his broken Korean is anything to go by. What makes him totally certain that Ian's a foreigner is because of his eyes. Ian's eyes are blue, not the clear blue of the sky, it something looks like the deep blue of the ocean. It's mesmerizing and he can get lost in them if his phone doesn't ring out of the blue.

He flinches, fishes his phone out of his pocket and looks at the caller ID—his sister. She must have already arrived at the bus stop where he was waiting just now. He ignores the phone call and keeps his still ringing phone inside his pocket once again.

"Okay, I'm glad if you're okay. I apologize for stopping you out of nowhere and asking you a question out of the blue. So," He trails off to shift his leg from left to right, "I've got to go now as my sister has arrived to pick me up. It's nice to meet you, Ian. Goodbye!" He smiles for one last time before he turns his body around to walk away, but he's stopped by a pull on his sleeve.

"Wait!" Ian calls, and Jiyong lets out a sigh under his breath.

"Yes?" He asks after he turns back again, facing the foreigner.

"Just... H-How can I meet you again, mm...?" Ian asks shyly.

"The name's Jiyong, and about that, if fate wants us to meet again in the future, then we will absolutely meet again soon. By then, perhaps we can have a cup of coffee or two." Jiyong smiles again for the real one last time before he pulls his arm away from Ian's grip and walks away without looking back.

If Ian is the same person who has triggered his curiosity some time ago, Jiyong's sure that they will meet again in the future. If not, then Ian's not the one, although Ian sounds the same as the unknown voice he's heard the last time. Yes, they sound very much alike, but he's not utterly sure about that himself.

What if they're completely and undoubtedly different people?

 

——GIFTED——

 

Another couple of weeks has passed. He hadn't met or heard from the unknown voice or Ian anymore. It seems like neither of them has been fated to meet him again. What a pity that he couldn't meet Ian anymore. To be said Jiyong doesn't regret it, he's ing regretting it alright. He should have at least taken Ian's phone number before they parted away on that evening.

How foolish of him to think they will meet again in the near future. It seems like he's underestimated the fate. Who's he kidding, though? Fate has never been on his side since forever, but it's alright. Even though fate's not on his side, he will still believe in fate and destiny. If fate says that Ian's not the one and he shouldn't meet the blue-eyed man again, then so be it.

He's currently cleaning the counter using a dirty old cloth he's always used. The cafe's about to close in a few minutes and the loyal customers are slowly leaving the cafe. Today is such a tiresome day, perhaps because it's weekends. And the cafe is located near to the mall. He feels like his muscles are all in tense, his bones feel like about to snap out of its place, and his legs feel like, no, scratch that, he can't feel his legs anymore.

He'd been standing behind the counter for a quite amount of time before someone took over his place for an hour, then he took his 'throne' as a cashier once again for the next hour up until now. Even now, he's still standing and ing cleaning.

Jiyong stops cleaning the area around the cashier and raises his head up at the moment he hears the door of the cafe open, indicating that someone is coming inside the about-to-close cafe. There's an annoying small bell placed on top the right side of the door, and if someone comes in and out, the bell rings.

He blinks his eyes like never before as he takes the sight of the incoming customer. , the person that has just entered the cafe is just... wow! He feels like his heart about to explode out of his chest, his eyes are about to poke out of its socket, his mouth is wide open and his lips have gone dry all of sudden, and for the final effect, his breath hitches when the said person finally arrives in front of him with only the counter separating them. Damn it, never in his life before he hates the counter so much like how he loathes it right now, but he's still glad he's taking care of the counter instead of someone else.

He gulps his throat hardly. Damn, the person in front of him is a very beautiful young boy. He looks like someone that is very much younger than Jiyong, so that will make him sixteen years old or younger. He's so fluffy, Jiyong feels like he's going to die out of happiness right now. The boy has mesmerizing glowing milky-white skin. Has Jiyong mentioned before that he loves the color of whites? What more, the boy's hair looks so thick with jet-black in color that is very contrast with his skin.

Other than that, his ears are tiny that he wants so bad to bite it playfully between his teeth, his pretty eyes glistening brown in color that look teary and make him look like a kicked puppy, but because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter