Searching for your constellation

Looking for your constellation
Please log in to read the full chapter

Looking for your constellation

 

They say that the strongest bond you can aspire in this universe is with a soulmate who also happens to be your guardian angel.

Just like soulmates aren’t necessarily lovers, guardian angels may not be in love with you, let alone blood-related to you. A soulmate can be your best friend, your brother or sister, the love of your life, a parent, a relative or any stranger who leaves an irreplaceable mark in your life and turns into someone who’s not a stranger anymore.

It’s a very special bond between two people and in most of the cases, soulmates find each other and let this connection grow stronger and stronger. In rare cases, soulmates can’t find each other and they feel an emptiness in their hearts for the rest of their lives. Some even commit suicide because they can’t bare the hollowness that the longing for their soulmate trigger in them. Some travel around the world to look for their other half and their quest may or may not be fruitful, it depends on the unknown strings of fate that the universe constantly sews.

On the other hand, guardian angels only show up in human form when they are also soulmates or if they aren’t soulmates, then if it’s really necessary – for example when it’s the matter of life and death. They look after you from the shadows, sit with you on the bus, lie in your bed while you are doing your homework at your desk and cry over those cringy dramas with you if that’s the most adventurous thing in your life and they don’t really have a better thing to do.

If you ever felt like being watched or swore that some invisible creature bumped into you or touched your head, it may have been your guardian angel who was working diligently to take care of you.

So how come that a soulmate can be a guardian angel and vice versa?

Well, that’s a tricky question. Not even the said creatures can explain the mystery themselves, they have no idea why they were chosen to be both. Strangers can’t tell the difference between a soulmate who’s a guardian angel and a soulmate who’s not a guardian angel but they can.

Kang Hyunggu knew it by first-hand experience since he was one of them. Yes, he was a guardian angel and a soulmate, too. The universe doesn’t make a difference between males and females when it comes to their destiny, so both genders can be soulmates and guardian angels alike.

Since the day Hyunggu turned 15, the monogram of his soulmate was written on his wrist in golden ink. He wasn’t surprised that there was no one by M. I. whom he knew since he didn’t feel a special bond with anyone before. His parents were the ones who always stated that he would know when the right time comes because the moment he meets his soulmate, he feels like his world suddenly takes the right turn.

He was perfectly aware from the very start that he had a demanding task that he should bear until the end of his life. If the monogram on your hand is written in black ink, it means that you are that special someone’s other half. However, if it’s written in golden ink, you better be prepared because on top of being a soulmate, you are a guardian angel, too! There wasn’t a guide on the subject, guardian angels had to learn how to take care of the other person on their own.

It may be frightening for a 15-year-old teenager but even Hyunggu who was always so infantile that his parents were constantly worried that he wouldn’t take his job seriously and harm his soulmate instead of protecting him or her, even he proved to be worthy of the title.

 

The start wasn’t an easy one though. Getting to know Moon Inhyeon was like tasting a sour cherry for the first time. A really sour one. The moment they met, he knew he didn’t sign up for that hell of a ride that was waiting for him. They literally bumped into each other in an abandoned alley and before Hyunggu could even muster a word, she already reprimanded him.

“Are you blind or something?” Inhyeon clicked her tongue as she turned around to see who was that rude guy who almost threw her off balance, just to find out that it was her soulmate.

As soon as their eyes met, their souls connected. The monograms on their wrists suddenly lit up like the rising sun on the horizon and then went back to their usual state. Not only did she learn that the disgraceful – but pretty handsome boy – was her soulmate but she also saw the golden twinkling of his marking and that’s how she got to know that Hyunggu was her guardian angel, too.

“Oh, come on! You must be kidding me!” The sassy girl gasped as she caught sight of the golden ink on his arm and unconsciously checked her own marking. K. H. Just as it was supposed to be.

“We both know that the gods above don’t have a good sense of humour.” Hyunggu muttered under his breath, his stare lingering on the girl’s face.

He couldn’t believe that he had just met his soulmate and the one he was supposed to protect at all costs under any circumstances. It was so out of the blue. It wasn’t like how he had imagined. Not at all. No sunsets or awkward smiles. No innocent skinship. No friendly handshake.

Instead of all those romantic movie-like scenes, he got a grumpy girl with a sharp tongue and torn clothes, apparently thinking that he was a joke. Small wonder why he didn’t even like her at first sight.

Nevertheless, he literally felt that she was the one for him. An unfamiliar and definitely odd feeling settled in his heart and invaded through his whole body. It was almost like hovering on the surface of the water – calming, soothing and heart-warming. He felt at ease, even though he didn’t feel the tension before. His parents were right; it seemed like his whole world fell into its place despite the fact that his soulmate was one of a kind.

“Neither do you.” Inhyeon snorted at the boy whose mouth was still agape. She casually ruffled her hair as she huffed for the next minute or so, her charcoal curls covering her back like a spectacular waterfall.

She was in all black; black boats, black jeans and an oversized black jumper. She looked like she was trying to be invisible yet with the aching fire in her eyes that were deep and mysterious like the Moon at midnight, it was impossible not to notice her. There was something fierce and alarming about her. There was only one thing that softened his first impression of her – it was the fact that she was so petite, almost 8 inches smaller than him.

Yet, if you contrasted her appearance with her behaviour, you could tell that she wasn’t mad at Hyunggu. She was mad at the whole world and he happened to be the one who got all the blame. He couldn’t see through her in the beginning, not to mention that he was nervous like never before because he didn’t feel ready for such a life-long mission. He was only at the age of 19, stuck and lost somewhere in between adulthood and childhood and his life was never so messed up before. He didn’t know what he wanted to do with his life and the life-changing exams ahead of him didn’t help either to make his situation easier. How could he take care of someone else

Please log in to read the full chapter