The Other Side

I keep staring at you...

 

“Hey, hey, Soo. Hello? SOO!”

 

Myungsoo jolted in his seat, his head turning away from the glass window and towards his study buddy Woohyun.

 

“Yeah?”

 

Woohyun rolled his eyes and let out an exasperated breath. “I’ve been calling you for the past 30 seconds. Does the GST payable go under debit or credit for this question?”

 

“Oh sorry hyung. Um….” Myungsoo pondered the question for a second, before giving his friend a sheepish grin and shrugging in defeat.

 

“How can you not know this? Aren’t you the professor’s little bro? Shouldn’t you basically have an easy A in this class? I mean, you share an apartment with him. Doesn’t he just give you the answers to the exam. Or at least...shouldn’t you be able to sneak into his room and look at the answers.”

 

Myungsoo gave Woohyun an incredulous look, shocked that his friend (although after being friends with him for almost 2 years, he shouldn’t be amazed at his friend’s stupidity) would think of such a thing. “Ok. 1. Sunggyu does not give me any answers. He knows that having a brother in his class will make us both look bad, so he makes sure not to give me any special treatment. 2. Why the hell would I sneak into his room? We’ve lived together for the past 19 years. I appreciate the privacy. So we keep to ourselves. 3. I have no interest in getting my brother fired and losing the main source of income we have to paying for the apartment. 4…”

 

“OK OK! I get it. So you’re basically useless to me” Woohyun exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. He noticed some people around him shooting dirty looks at him and sheepishly nodded in apology before refocusing on his friend.



 

Myungsoo looked triumphant as he scoffed at his friend’s antics, before turning back to the glass window. His smile dropping almost immediately when he realised that the subject of his view was no longer there. “Why?” He whined childishly as he pouted and slouched on his chair, “It’s all your fault., throwing a pen at Woohyun, who expertly dodged it. Damn soccer reflexes.

 

“What did I do?” His friend asked, following Myungsoo’s gaze to see nothing.

 

“You made me lose sight…” He trailed off as he straightened up to see if he could find what he had been so interested in.

 

“Sight of what?”

 

“My future.” He breathed out cheesily, forgetting who he was talking to.

 

“What the fu- heck?” Woohyun muttered, before throwing the pen back at Myungsoo, smirking slightly when he saw it bounce off the side of Myungsoo’s black hair. “You won’t have one if you fail this exam.” He laughed.

 

“Ouch!” Myungsoo whined, rubbing his head in an effort to alleviate the pain. “I’m not gonna fail!”

 

“Yeah right! I asked you a simple question and you can’t even answer!”

 

“Hey! You don’t know the answer either!”

 

“Maybe, but at least I’m trying to learn the answer! And I’m focused! What about you, staring out the window and looking at...the beautifulness of the business building?

 

“You wouldn’t understand…” Myungsoo muttered, looking down at his blank document in front on him.

 

“You bet I don’t.” Woohyun scoffed, “Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to see the professor and ask for some help with this question. At least I know for a fact that’s he’s gonna be more useful than you!” he added before putting his computer to sleep and gathering up his paper, messily shoving them into his binder.

 

“Yeah, useful in some other ways too, other than accounting.” Myungsoo smirked teasingly, “It’s illegal by the way.”

 

“Shut up, nothing is going on between us. It’s your brother we’re talking about.” Woohyun retorted, blood rushing straight to his cheeks. “Now, are you coming or not?”

Myungsoo nodded, quickly packing up his things before catching up to his best friend, who had already started walking towards the elevator. He threw his arm over Woohyun’s shoulders, who turned to look at him in annoyance. “Don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone. It’s my brother we’re talking about” He cheekily mimicked, quickly dashing into the now open elevator to avoid Woohyun’s punch (those hurt. A LOT) Woohyun groaned before stepping in as well, mourning the fact that there were other students in the elevator as well. So revenge was out of the picture...for now at least. But now, he knew another way to get back at Myungsoo.


 

“SUNGGYUUUUU HYUNG!” A loud scream could be heard in the hallway, making the said person jump and slam his laptop shut for no particular reason, “Guess who’s here, it’s your favourite brother in the world!” Sunggyu rolled his eyes, and sighed, “And your favourite boyfriend.” The boy added, ignoring his friend’s whispered “Shut up!”

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Sunggyu asked amusedly, “Last minute catching up?”

 

“It’s not last minutes if the test in 48 hours.” Myungsoo replied in a matter-of-fact tone, “It’s just… last 48 hours catching up.” He murmured.

 

Sunggyu sighed, “Myungsoo. You promised that you-”

 

“I know! I’ve just been busy.”

 

“With?” His brother asked, raising his right brow in curiosity.

 

“Other… subjects?”

 

“Other subjects my .” Woohyun muttered, “He’s been too engrossed in the building across from ours.”

 

“The nursing building? Why? I mean… they are remodeling it, but it is nothing to stare at.” Sunggyu questioned.

 

Woohyun shook his head and rolled his eyes, “Hyung, Myungsoo doesn’t care about the building. I can put my entire life savings on the line and say that Myungsoo is rather preoccupied with someone in that building!”

 

Myungsoo turned beet red and swatted at his mischievous classmate, “yah! That’s not true!”

 

“If it’s not true, why do you look like you ran 3 miles in 100 degree weather?”

 

Myungsoo couldn’t think of an answer.

 

“Oh...my...god….so for once, Hyun’s not exaggerating! You do like someone in that building! And it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out, since only nursing students go into that building! AND THERE AREN’T TOO MANY GUYS IN THE PROGRAM!” Sunggyu exclaimed, clapping his hands in glee.

 

“Yeah! Should be a piece of cake to figure out” Woohyun chimed in. After a moment of silence, he finally understood Sunggyu's previous statement, “Hey! I’m not a liar!”

 

“I never said that, I merely stated that you have a tendency to overdramatize things”

 

Before the two began their daily bickering, Myungsoo exclaimed, “Hey! I d-don’t! I was just admiring the architect of the building. A-And how do you know it’s a guy anyways? It could be a girl!”

 

The others stared at the man in silence, before bursting into fits of laughter, “You? Liking a girl? You’re not fooling anyone here, Soo.” Sunggyu gasped between his laughs. “Please, you can’t lie to your big brother”

 

“Who...who...me..lie? Never!” Myungsoo stammered.

 

“Ok, fine. So tell, me, who’s the architect of the building? What kind of style is the building? When was the building built? Tell me everything about the building material and structure!”

 

“Umm...it was built by…..Monkey D. Luffy.”

 

Both Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at each other before bursting out in laughter. “Are you serious? Monkey D Luffy? I would think you would say Thomas Eddison, or Ted Mosby, but you think of a manga character! You do spend too much time reading manga!”

 

“AISH YOU GUYS!” Myungsoo yelled in frustration, “I’m a commerce student not an architecture one. I just like the design, and appreciate people’s hard work, okay!” He pouted.

 

Woohyun cocked one of his eyebrows, “Are you sure you aren’t just appreciating the looks of a certain someone? HHm? Come on Soo, spill the beans… you know you’re gonna to. Let’s just make this as painless as possible, ok? No one needs to be embarrassed anymore”

 

“I’m not in love with anyone okay!” he exclaimed, “And especially not that brown haired, nerd looking boy who happens to be in our class!” He screamed before running out the door and slamming it shut, his face red in embarrassment.

 

The two males stared at the younger one storm out, “He is so in love. He’s so obvious” Sunggyu laughed.

 

“We didnt mention any brown haired, nerdy looking boy did we?” Woohyun questioned, his smile forming again on his face.

 

“No, no we didn’t”

 

“Can you pull up the student roster for everyone in your lecture?”

 

“Way ahead of you. And it will be a piece of cake finding out who is is, because there aren’t many nursing students who pick up commerce subjects as an elective.” Sunggyu commented, turning back to his computer and signing onto his professor account of the school’s grading system, moving his cursor to the right side and clicking to view all the students enrolled in his accounting course. “Thank god all students are required to put their majors and minors as part of their profile”

 

“Time to get to work.” Woohyun remarked, cracking his knuckles and pushing his head towards the computer screen. “Why does Myungsoo look like a model in his student photo, and I look like I just came out of a dumpster?” He whined as they scrolled through the list.

 

“Awww, don’t worry, hyunnie. You’re the most beautiful model to me.” Sunggyu cheekily replied, his heart fluttering as he saw Woohyun blush and turn away bashfully.

 

“S-Stop.” He stuttered, “Okay… um back to business!” He said, trying to change the subject. “Wait STOP!” He yelled, jabbing his finger at the computer screen.

 

“It’s him.”

 

“Who? Lee Sungyeol” Sunggyu read the name out loud next to the tiny profile picture, “How do you know?”

 

“Well, he is a 4th year nursing student and i mean...isn’t he Myungsoo’s type? Innocent looking, somewhat long hair, gummy smile and cheeky eyes.”

 

“Wow, you’re right,” Sunggyu said observing the picture, “brown hair, nerdy looking. It must be him!” He exclaimed, “And I’ve seen him around. He’s super cute and shy. Usually likes to sit in the first four rows right in the center, and honestly never looks up from his notes!”

 

“Ohhhh, so you think he’s cute? Super cute in fact.” Woohyun pouted, straightening his back, crossing his arms and turning away from Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu pursed his lips, “Yeah of course, he really is, you should meet him. You won’t miss him.” He replied, obviously not detecting the hint of jealousy in the other’s voice.

 

“No, I don’t think I want to. You help him get together with your brother. I’m going to find some food before my next class.” And with that, he grabbed his bag, swinging it over his back and storming out, leaving Sunggyu confused.

 

“The hell was that all about?” He pondered, thinking back on his words and actions before it dawned on him.

 

“AWWW ”





 

~

 

“Okay welcome class, hope you all had a fantastic weekend. Now today we will be going over the- settle down class, we have to start now if we’re gonna be able to get through all the material for Wednesday’s exam.” Sunggyu began, “Okay, so to start off, I will ask you all a few questions to get your minds warmed up. This will also be a good review to see what you do and don’t know to help you guys figure out what to study.  First question, can anybody tell me if I had to pay wages to my employees, and I haven’t done so yet, what would that be called. Please raise your hand.” He paused a while, seeing only a couple of hands shoot up in confidence. He smiled, looking at Myungsoo dazed and fixated on something, or rather, someone sitting 4 rows in front of him, oblivious to everything but the notebook and lecture guide, before an idea popped up. “Okay, I will look at my list and pick on people. Lee Sungyeol?” He said, acting as though he hadn’t known who the male was. He saw his brother jump and glare slightly at him, slicing a finger across his throat, and mouthing something that was probably along the lines of “stop it, stop it this instant. Take that back” Sunggyu made eye contact with his brother and smirked, before turning his attention to the rest of the class. “Lee Sungyeol? Will you please raise your hand for me?”

 

“E-Excuse me?” A small voice spoke up.

 

“Are you Lee Sungyeol?”

 

“Y-Yes sir.”

 

“Would you like to answer the question?”

 

“U-Um, they will be classified as Accrued expenses.”

 

“Very good. And would that be credited or debited?”

 

“Well they will be credited as a Wages Payable.”
 

“And what about the debit side?”

 

“It will be called Wages Expense.”

 

“Very good, Mr Lee Sungyeol. I will be sure to give you some participation marks.” He smiled, smirking slightly at the very angry looking Myungsoo.

 

“You seem quite smart. In fact, you always get high marks for every exam I have given.” Sunggyu stated matter-of factly

 

“T-Thank you sir.” He blushed at the praises the lecturer were throwing at him.

 

“Do you ever think about tutoring your fellow classmates?” He inquiried, looking once again at his brother who now had his head buried in his arms. He continued “Some studies do show that students learn more from other students compared to when they try to learn content from us lecturers or TA’s. Plus, it helps you learn too.”

 

“U-Uhh, I don’t think that is a good idea, sir, I still have much to learn. And I’m not a commerce student.”

 

“Oh? You’re not?”

 

“No sir, I’m a nursing student.”

 

“Ahh! I see. Yet you still understand the subject and take it very seriously. When I asked you to tutor others, it was not because i needed to know what major you were, but it was because you clearly know this subject well. The fact that it’s not for your major makes it that much more impressive. “But enough for now. See me after class in my office. I want to talk to you some more. Unless you have something planned.”

 

“N...No sir”

 

“Wonderful!” Sunggyu beamed. “As for the rest of you, that is how well you need to know the material if you want to excel. Onto the next question. And this one is for everyone. Don’t be afraid to get it wrong. Get it wrong here and now rather than Wednesday.”

 

There was a small murmur echoing through their hall as the students agreed, “Okay, next question. Why do we have bank reconciliations?” He asked. No one answered. He watched the other students furiously flip through their notes. But he was drawn to his younger brother, who had his head up and was glaring daggers at Sunggyu. He saw him mouth, “I will kill you,” before looking back down at his binder. Sunggyu shook his head before refocusing.

 

“Hmm, no one?” Sunggyu asked, smiling slyly, “Kim Myungsoo?” He smirked, knowing that he was going to die anyways so he might as well mess with his brother one last time. Myungsoo, on the other hand, hadn’t found it amusing at all as he continued to glare at the lecturer. “Hm, well you need to study Mr Kim Myungsoo, if you do not know the answer. Anyone else?”





 

~

“Okay what was that?”Why would you embarrass me like that?” A loud voice rang from down the hall into Sunggyu’s open office.

 

“Well, come on in little bro, and please feel free to yell as loud as you want in the hall. It’s not as if other faculty members need to work.”

 

“Don’t you dare change the subject. Why would you embarrass me like that?!”

 

“Like what?” Sunggyu asked, his focus fixated on the book he was holding.

 

“Urgh, Hyung!” He yelled in frustration, “Look at me!”

 

The man did, “Would you like some tea? Maybe some coffee? Or perhaps a chill pill. Caffeine does not seem like a good idea for you right now”

 

“Why would you pick on him! What did he ever do to you?”

 

“Nothing.” He responded, “I was picking on people randomly. Why? Are you interested in him?” He asked, feigning innocence.

 

“Bull! You were SOOOOO not picking on people randomly. Picking someone randomly is pulling names out of a hat. Picking someone randomly is closing your eyes and pointing at a name on the roster. It is sure as hell not picking on the one person, THE ONE HUMAN BEING THAT I DO NOT want you to pick on!” He exclaimed, before his eyes widened, realizing what he had just insinuated and groaning in defeat, “Oh for god’s sake!”

 

Sunggyu gasped dramatically, “Oh! So is he the person you like? I would have never guessed!” He exclaimed, covering his mouth with his hand as though he did not know the object of Myungsoo’s affection.

 

“Stop with the bull Hyung!” He yelled.

 

Sunggyu smirked, “Now you know not to mess with me brother. You can’t lie to me and think that you can get away with it. Now cut the crap and spill everything. Or else it’s gonna be worse Wednesday after the exam.”

 

“You wouldn’t.” Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at Sunggyu.

 

“Try me. I can make your life a living hell. Apparently, I’ve been doing for the past 19 years”

 

They stared at each other, trying to call each other’s bluff. Myungsoo groaned in defeat.

 

“OK OK! I’ll tell! Just...what do you want to know?”

 

Sunggyu clapped his hands before pondering the question, “Well obviously, first off, how you met him.”

 

“Ummm….I’ve never actually been formally introduced to him. We never spoke a single word to each other. He kinda… doesn’t know me.” He muttered.

 

“What? Then how did you start liking him? You don’t know a single thing about him?”

 

“Well, not really. I was just sitting in this building a few months ago, studying for the billions tests that you give us. And I looked up, and there was this cute guy sitting across in the other building. And I could see him clearly through the glass windows” He smiled in reminiscence.

 

“Cheesy as hell, but okay, go on.”

 

“And then he looked up and kinda did this thing, that seems to be a habit of his, where he just looks up, puffs out his cheeks and just blows his bangs away from his face. It’s so cute, Hyung.”

 

“Okay, now you’re being a little bit creepy now.

 

Myungsoo glared, “I can stop now.”

 

“No, no, go on. I won’t say anymore.” Sunggyu smiled, pursing his lips together.

 

“Okay, so then, I realised that he always sits there, and he’s always alone. So it started off just as me admiring him because he looked cute, but then, I began to feel this excitement every time I thought of him. I looked forward to your class and my breaks because it meant I would be able to see him, without fail. He always comes to class and sits at the same place in the nursing building. And so I got to talk to some of the people he talks to in class, and they told me his name, his major, the basic background info.

 

“And you never thought that it was creepy and that you should probably, I don’t know, sit next to him in the lectures and speak to him or something like that?”

 

“Of course I did. But I thought that I might have seemed abit too keen and stalker-ish, so I didn’t. Besides, I don’t want to experience the rejection if he ignores me or says that he doesn’t want to talk to me.”

 

“At least, let him know you’re someone who is on the same plane of existence as him! You can’t keep up this...i love you when I say this, creepy , horror movie like stalking behavior! You’re gonna get yourself arrested or slapped with a restraining order!”

 

“But there is still a possibility of him saying that he didn’t want to talk to me! What if his friends told him that come creepy dude spoke to them and asked about him. How would he think about me then?”

 

“I mean, judging from the way he is and acts, I don’t think he’d think you’re a creep. He’s a nice guy. He doesn’t look like the kind of person who will decide if he likes you or not based on a single impression”

 

“I know.” Myungsoo replied, rolling his eyes, “But even the nicest person in the world can silently judge another human being. Just look at me. I’m failing your class, and your class is the easiest subject. And I’m just normal looking. I don’t have much to have the right to talk to him.”

 

“You’re kidding right?” Sunggyu looked at his brother, who shook his head, “dude, you are graced with the good looks in the family! Back in high school, you were always getting letters stuffed in your locker from both guys and girls! One look at a girl, and I swear, I would hear her  three days later talking about how she was going to have 2 kids with you and name them Amanda and Jeff.

 

Myungsoo looked down, blushing at his brother’s compliments.

 

“You know how annoying it is? During my consultation hours, people come, not to ask me questions and help for the content, but to ask me who you are and if i could speak to you and see if you’re single. They wanted me to be their wingman!  Like I didn’t sign up for that ! I signed up to teach people the beauty of Accounting!” He exclaimed, “And don’t get me started on how Mum used to tell me that I must’ve been an accident because I was the ugliest one in the family and how she could’ve gone so wrong giving birth to a pineapple like me, compared to a glorious model like you.” He ranted, making his younger brother laugh.

 

“You’re handsome though. You have unique features that a lot of girls like. They all come to me to ask about you too.” He muttered.

 

Sunggyu laughed, “Okay enough with the compliments, it’s getting kinda weird. What I’m trying to say though is that don’t think that you’re not good enough, because you definitely are. You will be so lucky to have him, and I know for a fact that he will be so lucky to have you too. Be confident in yourself. You are a good person. But don’t go overboard”

 

Myungsoo smiled, “Don’t get too ahead of yourself.” He replied, “I haven’t even talked to him before, so don’t plan our wedding yet.” He teased.

 

“Hey, can’t an older brother be excited?”

 

“Sure, but he has to have some reason to be excited for.”

 

“You do! Because i’ve helped you take the first step!”

 

Myungsoo looked at his brother warily, “Wwwwaaaait….what do you mean you…” his question was interrupted with a knock on the door. He paled at his brother’s devilish grin and sly, “come in!” The door swung open and Lee Sungyeol, the man of his dreams, the person who Myungsoo had been daydreaming and swooning over for the past 4 months, walked in.

 

“Hi, Professor. Sorry that I’m late” Sungyeol apologized, slightly out of breath. He looked up and saw Sunggyu flashing a small smile at him, “No need to apologize. Thanks for coming in.” He got up from his seat and walked over to close the door. He turned back and saw Sungyeol staring at him. “Oh by the way, have you met Kim Myungsoo? He’s a fellow student in my Financial Accounting lecture”

 

“Oh! U-Um, I’ve seen him around.” He bowed, “Nice to meet you Myungsoo-shii I’m Lee Sungyeol.” He stuck out a hand, but Myungsoo, still in a daze and looking dumbfoundedly at Sungyeol, didn’t respond.

 

“Oh, he knows.” Sunggyu smirked, seeing Sungyeol look at him in confusion, “I introduced him to you a few minutes before.” He smiled before jabbing an elbow into his brother’s side, “Yah, shake his hands, don’t keep him waiting.”

 

Myungsoo jolted out of his stupor and realized what was happening. “Oh...Oh my god. I’m so sorry. My name is Mim Kyungsoo, i mean Kim Myungsoo! It’s nice to meet you!” He stuttered, “It’s really nice to meet you, oh wait, I’ve already said that, haha, hi, I’m Kim Myungsoo.” He trailed off, sighing and looking down in embarrassment. There was a quiet snort, making the male look up to see Sungyeol wide eyed with his hand covering his mouth.

 

“S-Sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

 

Myungsoo smiled, “You’re cu- cool. Haha, awesome. Yep.”

 

Sunggyu sighed, staring at the awkwardness between the two male, “Okay, so um, I’m kinda busy, Sungyeol, since the test is tomorrow, would you mind maybe tutoring Myungsoo over here the basics? He came in for help, however, unfortunately I have a very important meeting right now, and won’t be able to teach him. Is that okay? You aren’t obligated to do so, but it would be nice.”

 

“Sure! That’s no problem.” He smiled, “I’ll try my best.”

 

“Excellent, well then I’ll let you two go and study. Good luck on the test tomorrow.” He smiled before walking to his seat. The two of them stared at each other before staring back at Sunggyu.

 

“Wait, together?” they both asked simultaneously.

 

“Why yes! Sungyeol, when I talked about tutoring someone earlier in lecture today, I had him in mind! He seems to be struggling in my class, and I think you two would make an excellent coup..i mean PAIR!” Sunggyu answered, ignoring Myungsoo’s vehement shakes of denials. “He’s always in my office hours and he works hard, so you don’t need to worry about him slacking off or giving you any attitude. Fighting!” And with that, he turned back to the computer, opening up a random document and pretending to read the text. When he heard the door click shut, he turned back, smiling. “Good luck bro, I did all I could; the rest is up to you.”

 

“Myungsoo-shii...hello? Myungsoo?” Myungsoo jolted, startled by the hand waving in front of his face. It was Sungyeol, looking perplexed and worried. “Sorry about that, but I called your name a dozen times already. It seems that your mind is on something else right now. Do..is something wrong?” he asked worriedly.

 

“Oh no, no! Nothing’s wrong!” Myungsoo quickly answered, mentally smacking himself for making Sungyeol worried (this also just basically confirmed that Sungyeol was an angel from heaven). “I’m...just thinking about something”

 

“Well, if you want, we can reschedule. I mean, it is early in the morning. Do you want to meet up later in the day after you settle everything you need to worry about?”

 

“NO WAY!” Myungsoo exclaimed, a bit too excitedly. Sungyeol slightly jumped in his seat and Myungsoo wanted to disintegrate and disappear. He didn’t care about the dozen or so dirty glares thrown his way. All he cared about was the one look in front of him, and right now, it was a look of worry, and a tiny, just a tiny bit, of fear.

 

“I-I mean, okay then,” The student stuttered slightly, “As long as it’s fine with you.”

 

“Yes it’s perfect!” Myungsoo exclaimed, Like you… he thought cheesily.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Like… me?” Sungyeol asked in curiosity.

 

“W-What?” Did he read my mind or something? Myungsoo pondered in embarrassment.

 

“U-Um, no, you were talking out loud.”

 

“What?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“What did you say?”

 

“You asked if I read your mind.”

 

And at that moment, it had finally dawned on him, and Myungsoo wished that he would melt away, the earth would swallow him up, and he would disappear. And if that wasn’t an option, he wished that he had the power to turn back time so he could beat up the Myungsoo from 10 seconds ago for putting him in this mess. “Well...uh...I….” Myungsoo stuttered, unable to even form a coherent sentence.

 

Sungyeol tried to stop a smile from appearing as he saw the other man physically slide down his seat and bury his head in embarrassment, trying even harder to refrain himself from cooing at the man’s cuteness as he began to realise what he had done.

 

“Hey, Myungsoo-shii, get up. You’re gonna dirty your pants.”

 

“No, I am not moving from this spot until the floor opens up and eats me alive.” Myungsoo whined. Sungyeol had to strain to hear Myungsoo, and after getting up from his seat and bending down to look under the table, he knew why. Myungsoo was laying on the floor, face down and hidden in the crook of his arm, without any regard to his clothes...or the millions of germs on there.

 

There was a period of silence, and Myungsoo slowly shifted himself up, as if to sit back up, but when he saw Sungyeol bending down right in front of him, he got up too quickly, causing him to hit his head with the underside of the table.

 

“OUCH!” Myungsoo yelped, before immediately covering his mouth and crawling back up.

 

Sungyeol let out a small snort before his eyes noticed something on the top of Myungsoo’s head.

 

“Uhh..Myungsoo-shii?”

 

Myungsoo looked up. “Yeah.”

 

“I..I think, there’s a piece of gum stuck in your hair.”

 

Myungsoo felt the top of his head. “Son of a…”






 

~

“And so, most payables will be considered as credits because they are liabilities, and because you want them to balance all the time, you have to have a debits side too and that will be for expenses.” Sungyeol continued pointing to the table that was shown before them.

 

“So… payables… are… credits.”

 

“Yes, why?”

 

“Because they are...assets?”

 

“No, what did we say just then?”

 

Myungsoo pouted, “I don’t know.” He whined, “I don’t understand, I’m too stupid.”

 

“Don’t worry, just take your time.” Sungyeol smiled patiently, “Just remember, liabilities, equities and revenues are considered as credits, so most of the time, whenever an amount is there we link it to one of these groups.”

 

“O...kay…” Myungsoo replied slowly, “So payables...are liabilities,” He started slowly, “so they will be creditted.”

 

“Correct!” Sungyeol smiled, “And what will be the corresponding title?”

 

“Expense, which.... Will be debitted!” Myungsoo exclaimed with a large smile.”

 

“Correct!” He replied once again, clapping his hands softly, “See not that hard right?”

 

“I just have to repeat it continuously so I won’t forget.” Myungsoo murmured, as he jotted down the contents.

 

“Yep, it’ll get easier from there.” He replied, before checking his watch, “Right then, shall we call it time?”

 

“A-Already?”

 

“It’s been 2.5 hours, Myungsoo-ssi.”

 

“Has it?” He pondered whipping his head from left to right as he tried to find a clock.

 

“Yeah,” Sungyeol chuckled, “I guess time flies by when you’re having fun.”

 

Myungsoo smiled before frowning as he started to pat himself down, “I didn’t bring my wallet.”

 

“Why do you need your wallet for? Do you need money?” Sungyeol frowned, reaching for his bag.

 

“N-No! I have to pay you don’t I?”

 

“What? No, of course not! I’m just doing this as any friend would.” He replied politely, making Myungsoo blush slightly, and inwardly spazz. Friend? That’s a start right?

 

He couldn’t help but grin happily, “At least let me treat you to something.”

 

“It’s really okay, Myungsoo.”

 

“I insist. Look, do you like...coffee?” Myungsoo phrased it in a way to make it sound random. In reality...it wasn’t. He knew what Sungyeol’s answer would be.

 

“Do I? Yep!”

 

“Really? Then let me treat you to a cup then! I know this great place.”  Myungsoo begged. “Please. Let me treat you. I need to make up for all the stuff that happened earlier. If not for the tutoring, then let me thank you for pulling the gum out of my hair with minimal damage.”

 

Sungyeol chuckled and nodded, “Fine one coffee.”

 

“Great! It’s a date!” Myungsoo exclaimed shooting up from his chair excitedly, before realising what he had said. .

 

Sungyeol laughed, “I guess it is.” He beamed. “So when?”

 

“Umm… I was thinking...right now?” Myungsoo asked timidly. Please please please, to all the Gods out there...please…

 

Myungsoo literally had to stop himself from dancing and making himself a bigger idiot after witnessing Sungyeol’s small nod



 

~

 

“You drink straight black coffee?” Myungsoo asked staring at the bitter black liquid, as he watched, the disgust in his face prominent, Sungyeol stir the thick coffee with a stirrer. “You don’t even add any sugar or anything?”

 

“It’s the strongest and I need to be awake.” Sungyeol grinned, “Want some?”

 

“No thanks, I think I’ll just stick to my caramel frappuccino with extra whipped cream and caramel!” He smiled as he took a sip of the heavenly drink.

 

“How can you drink that? That’s literally like a cup full of cavities and diabetes waiting to happen? Literally, it’s not even coffee. It’s just sugar on sugar on ice.”

 

“I know. But i mean...I drink this for the sugar to stay awake. Not the caffeine”

 

“And are you sure that’s caramel? Why is it white? It looks like vanilla.”

 

“It is caramel, I swear. It just looks like this because i ask for no coffee. You know, to make the caramel taste even stronger.”

 

Sungyeol leaned over and took a small sip before jerking back. “Oh god! That’s….sweet” He immediately took a huge swig of his iced coffee. “How in the world do you down an entire Venti size?”

 

“Yeah, as sweet as me, amirite?” He grinned leaning forward.

 

“Um, of course.” He laughed.

 

Myungsoo’s heart fluttered at Sungyeol’s answer. Oh god, what he thought about Sungyeol being an angel from heaven earlier. That was a complete understatement.

 

“Oh, can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure! What did you want to ask?”

 

“Professor Kim is your brother right?” Sungyeol asked.

 

Myungsoo hesitated before nodding. Normally, he would ignore these kinds of questions or tell the person to mind their own business. He knew what those questions meant. Either asking him to get answers for the upcoming tests, or acting overly nice and using him to get on his brother’s good side. Either way, he knew that those questions always led to him getting used and hurt. Was Sungyeol going to do the same? Maybe he only agreed to all this to get to his brother. Suddenly a wave of insecurities and questions hit him, and Myungsoo began to feel anxious and nervous, “W-Why?”

 

“I...I wanted to know….to see if he approves of me.”

 

Myungsoo’s heart stopped beating. Did he hear correctly?

 

“A...approves of you? Like...as a student?”

 

Sungyeol shook his head. “No...more like...a possible boyfriend...for his younger brother.”

 

“A...boyfriend? Like a boyfriend boyfriend. A boyfriend with no space between the two words?”

 

“Yes a boyfriend. Like romantic partner. Like a significant other”

 

“For his younger brother? Who’s his younger brother? I mean… that would be me right? I am younger. And I am his brother. SO if you put the two together, it would mean, you wanted to be a boyfriend..for me...his younger brother”

 

Suddenly it had seemed like that tables had turned, and it was Sungyeol now who seemed nervous and anxious, “Maybe I got the signs wrong…” He trailed off, “I-I like you. For a while now,” He began, his voice dropping to almost a whisper, looking down as he fidgeted slightly in his seat, “Since I saw you… don’t think this is weird, but ever since high school. You were the head of the yearbook club my senior year, and I saw you one day taking photos of all the clubs in the courtyard and...i...I just couldn’t help but admire you. The passion you had for photography, And when I heard Professor Kim call your name on the first day of lecture..like..I couldn’t believe it. I noticed you staring at the building, and at first, I thought you were looking at someone else. But overtime, I kept seeing you, in that exact same seat, looking over in my direction…. I-I don’t know, I assumed that you were looking at me. So, I thought maybe you liked me too,” He rambled, “B-But maybe I was wrong? I mean, I thought it was fate that Professor Kim told me to tutor you, but then a part of me thought maybe it was because he did it because maybe you liked me? I don’t know. I’m sorry, Myungsoo, I’m so sorry I...I didn’t mean to just drop the bomb like that, I just-” Sungyeol stood up, still not making eye contact, “I think I have to go now, I’m really sorry about everything. Just forget everything I said.” He headed towards the door, pushing it open in a hurry, almost tripping in his haste.  

 

“He...likes me? So...I’m not the only one then.” he thought, shocked at the revelation. “W-Wait! S-Sungyeol!” Myungsoo yelled, finally coming back to reality.  “Wait!” He shouted at the fleeing male. The flustered man turned back, finally facing Myungsoo with his watery eyes, “I-I like you too.” He replied, “For the longest time.” He chuckled. “It’s crazy. I mean...when I first saw you studying in the nursing building, I could not look away. How happy you looked talking to your fellow classmates, how excited you were, just..how beautiful you looked. And I just had to know more about you. So i asked around. And I learned your name and honestly...I stalked you for the next 3 days. Going through your facebook and instagram, learning about your likes and dislikes. I’m not joking, I talked to one of the nursing students and got your snapchat username. I was so close to just adding you on snapchat, just to see your stories, but I was afraid that that would scare the out of you.  I just...wanted to get to know you more. And hopefully work up the courage to ask you out”

 

Sungyeol stared at the latter momentarily, “That’s kinda creepy Myungsoo.” He began making the other look down in shame, “But if we’re speaking pure honestly here, I did the same.”

 

Myungsoo let out a small chuckle. “Yeah, I figured after I saw some person named Yeollie followed me on instagram. But hey, I guess it worked.”

 

“So when you asked me out for coffee just now…”

 

“It was because I knew that you loved coffee. You went on a two-year binge of drinking nothing but coffee.”

 

“Oh god, all those videos on facebook. You saw them didn’t you?”

 

He nodded. “I did, but it just made me love you more.”

 

Sungyeol blushed. “You’re hella cheesy, you know that?”

 

Myungsoo laughed at Sungyeol’s blunt remark. “Yeah I know, but you love it”

 

Sungyeol let out a shaky laugh, “S-So what now? Are we dating or something?” He asked, breaking the silence.

 

“Um, I’m not sure, I mean I like you and you like me right? So I guess so?”

 

“Ok. So… we’re boyfriends?”

 

“I mean, I guess we are.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“Yep.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Well I gotta go to my next class now.”

 

“Yeah, me too.” Sungyeol replied awkwardly.

 

“Okay, I’ll see you after class then.”

 

“Wait, we both have the same class.”

 

“Oh yeah.” Myungsoo replied, as they began to head to the exit, “So like, are we at that stage where we can hold hands?”

 

Sungyeol didn’t reply. Instead, he gently grabbed Myungsoo’s hands and intertwined their fingers together. “I mean, I’m cool with it if you’re cool with it.” He grinned and winked slightly. Myungsoo let out a strange sound, his heart beating quickly and his face turning beet red.

 

“This is way more than cool.”

 

And with that, they walked out of the cafe together, hand in hand, to their next class, which was ironically, Professor’s Kim financial accounting class.

 

When Sunggyu watched the two of them come in together and sit in the front row, right in front of his view, and saw them put their intertwined hands on top of the table for him to see, he turned around to not let the other students see the huge smile on his face.

 

Mission accomplished. And Sunggyu couldn’t be happier.

 

 


Cynthia: guess who is back at it with a new fic! Okay sorry sorry we know we have the other one to complete, but come on, that other fic is wayyyy too serious we needed a more uplifting and fluffy one to get us motivated and running again! Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this little one :) We tried our very best!!!

Yvonne: now when cynthia said little fic...it was literally 20 pages. we had to shorten it because we kept coming up with ideas left and right. Myungyeol always inspiring us to write more and more! Hopefully you guys enjoyed this! we did our best to bring some spark and spirit to the Infinite fic and fandom! Like, comment, subscribe, upvote, or whatever you wanna do! Everything is appreciated! Now...onto our other..ongoing fics..that haven't been updated for almost a year.