Final

It's a Joke, Right?

A warm palm was resting on top of his hair, softly the brown lock without getting the fingers tangled in it. He snuggled closer to the broad chest, where he rested his head on. The TV was showing some western action movie, subbed perfectly in Korean. It was usually his kind of movie, but right now, his mind was occupied with something else.

 

His hazel eyes stared absently to the screen, which light illuminated the whole dark room. The actively moving mixture of blue and yellow light reflected themselves on every furniture Seungcheol placed by his TV, the walls, even themselves. He could even see the empty chicken box just under the couch they were cuddling on. ‘Just leave it there for now’ he remembered Seungcheol said that after they eat, he shrugged, he despised his boyfriend’s laziness, which actually reflected on the state of his flat. The property was constantly messy, not horrendous, but it still ticked the neat-freak side of Jeonghan every time he visited. He wondered if he could change the habit if they live together.

 

When the chest behind him jolted in shock, responding to the movie in which the character was suddenly got blown a hit or two, Jeonghan lifted his hand to reach his boyfriend’s face. The hand blindly touched his rough jawline, then he lifted them more that he was practically ‘smacking’ the whole face lightly. A sturdier hand caught his slender one immediately, “Jeonghan, please, Ironman is dying.”

 

Jeonghan could not care less. Well, he usually would, he loved the actor. He’s hot.

 

The brunette wiggled his fingers around, annoying the other guy even more. “What?”

 

“Your flat is messy.” Jeonghan said nonchalantly. He had a grin in his face when he heard Seungcheol sighed heavily.

 

Even after years of dating, his frequent teasing still got the other ticked off, but Seungcheol knew well how to handle it. Just say yes and submit. “Yes, I know, babe.” He said flatly, trying to focus back on watching the movie, his muscle tensed at the intense scenes before his eyes.

 

Jeonghan shifted around, he positioned himself so that he could look up to the raven-tress, who got his thick eyebrows scrunched and lips slightly open. He smiled at the visual. Cute. Seungcheol is adorable. Even when he’s almost 27, he still got worked up over things like superhero movies and his silly computer games, he always had that look on him when he does so. He poked at the stubbly chin once again, causing the slightly older guy to groan whiningly.

 

“You have to fix your habits, I can’t live in such a messy place.” Jeonghan blurted.

 

His boyfriend did not even spare him a glance. “You don’t live here, ahjussi.”

 

“I will, soon, let’s get married.”

 

He watched his boyfriend’s lips opening, about to blurt out another remark, but closed them shut at the realization. He watched his eyebrows burrowed further. He watched him turning his head to face him, he was sorta afraid he’d break his neck at such speed. He watched the light from the TV barely illuminated the perfect porcelain skin, now turning slightly red at the cheeks.

 

“Did you- did you just…” Seungcheol stuttered.

 

Jeonghan watched his boyfriend’s face flashing different emotions in such a short amount of time. One millisecond he was almost smiling, the other he was frowning, the other he was trying to stay unbothered as possible. It was a slight change, but he knew them too well.

 

“Yeah, you better fix that habit of yours.” The chest sticking to the side of his head, right on his ears, was beating so hard, he could hear it clearly. Heck, his was too. But he was always better at masking his emotions.

 

“Oh, God.” Seungcheol suddenly stood up, startling the lazy sloth and almost dropping him to the floor where the empty box of chicken laid about. The elder reached for the remote and muted the violent noise emitted from that electronic box of light. He looked more distressed than happy, Jeonghan thought. Now he was sort of anxious.

 

“Is this a joke? It’s a joke, right?” did Jeonghan joke too much during the whole relationship? Yeah, he probably did. But never about marriage, well, he joked about adopting a child though. (It was Chan)

 

Thinking he might have been joking too much in this life, he straightened up and faced the panicking soul standing about in front of him. He was facing his back to the TV, Jeonghan could barely see his face but he could make out that the guy was having his usual shock expression, mouth wide agape and eyebrows raised to its proximity.

 

“No. I got my parents’ blessing.” there he said sternly.

 

A second, two seconds, three seconds; Jeonghan counted to six before he heard a muffled sob. His heart jolted.

 

“Cheol,” he called out. His eyes trying to see the man despite the surrounding darkness. If he had one weakness, it would be Seungcheol crying. He had him where he was struggling with his job, before he decided to resign for the better, when he saw the manly figure cried, he cried as soon as his tears sipped to his shirt. He had him when his grandmother passed away, he held him all night, both of them were crying, he did not know his grandmother that well, but he felt the elder’s pain. Now seeing him cry like this, it triggered his own tear.

 

Before his tears could spill, the elder swooped him in a tight hug. “, yes, let’s get married,” Jeonghan felt Seungcheol nuzzled his wet face on the crook of his neck. His trembling lips were now forming a smile. He heard the elder chanted, “I love you, I love you, I love you.”

 

“I know, silly, that’s why I ask. You’re such a baby.” The brunette chuckled at the big baby in his arm, patting the sturdy back against his palm, rocking the bear left and right.

 

It took them five fat minutes to let go of each other’s embrace, that was when Seungcheol suddenly moved back. His eyes were anywhere but Jeonghan’s.

 

“Did you get me ring?” he felt silly for asking.

 

Jeonghan almost snorted at the question. But honestly, he did not.

 

“No,” he shrugged, “I was waiting for you, who owned an apartment, to propose me, who still lived with my parents.” He defended himself so, not forgetting about, “I got bored waiting, but I’m poor.”

 

To that, to his own surprise, Seungcheol flashed him his gummy smile. He had the urge to kiss those dimples on his cheeks, but did not, because Seungcheol planted a peck on his lips instead. “Of course, you did not, wait here.” The big puppy got up and jogged to his room.

 

He came back a few moment later, with a small black velvet box. “Listen, I am planning to propose you,” he sheepishly said before adding, his face was still red and damp from the crying earlier, “I was still looking for a perfect timing, and preparing my heart.” He clutched on the box in useless defense. Jeonghan could not suppress his smile. “Then you and your impatient and ignorant beat me to it, saying it so casually with Ironman playing in the background.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled and kissed the pouty lips, “I know you’d say yes no matter how I propose you.”

 

Seungcheol pulled back. “That is so unfair, I could not even sleep every time I saw this box laying around in my dresser.”

 

“And when was that from?”

 

“Last month.”

 

Jeonghan gaped at him in disbelief. “I’m marrying an idiot. I can’t believe it. Don’t you know I love you so much, Choi Seungcheol.” He shook his head at the small pout his boyfriend had in his plumpy lips. He’s too cute, too dumb, and such a mess. His mess. The exact mess he loved dearly.

 

He tugged at the chunky fingers, still clutching the velvet box. “Give me,” and Seungcheol gave him just that. He opened the box, almost choked on his spit at the visual of the silver rings with small diamonds engraved around, the kind you might call as eternity ring, it was simple but glistening and beautiful. He cursed under his breath. “Do you like them?” Seungcheol asked quietly.

 

Is he joking? “Yes! Yes! Yes! God, this is too pretty! You should’ve just got us a regular ring!” no, he was forgetting his original intention, he took out the ring then placed them on his and Seungcheol’s ring fingers. They fit perfectly. Now he was the one about to cry. the glisten in his eyes must have been reflected so well by the TV, which apparently was playing part where Tony Stark was portrayed opening his mouth as if he’s screeching silently.

 

Seungcheol smiled at the brunette, so soft Jeonghan thought he’d melt. “But you deserved the world.” He took the cheeks in his palm and kissed the younger on his lips.

 

Jeonghan hoped so, well, because Seungcheol was his world.