001.

A Thousand Years

a/n let's begin shall we?


"Jihoon, can you please head to the market place and get rice? Your father worked very hard at the palace and I want to make a special dinner for him tonight." Madame Lee requested. 

Jihoon, the only boy and the youngest out of all five girls in his entire family. He's the only child as of right now because all his sisters were married off to wealthy families. The Lee family were not rich in the first place. It was only until his father joined the King's Army and worked his way up to be General to help his family be stable. The Lee family in general are very humble people. His father is wise, his mother is caring and loving, all of his older sisters support him. Jihoon couldn't ask for more than he already has.

JIhoon's father is very good friends with the royal scholar, Mr. Tae. Mr. Tae taught Jihoon all sorts of things from the stars and the earth. JIhoon was quite educated despite not being part of the royal family. A 17 year old boy, who dreams to be a scholar too when he grows up and work under the King.

 

"Yes, mother!" Jihoon waved 'good-bye' to his Mother who was tending the house plants. Jihoon made sure he had enough money and that he brought a bag to hold his purchases.

The walk to the market place isn't that bad from where his estate is. Jihoon enjoyed walking around the village and seeing the people thrive. He walked to the general store and purchased whatever his mother wanted and went to a merchant that sold flowers. He wanted to get carnations and orchids for his Mother's garden.

"Hello, do you happen to have carnations and orchids?" Jihoon asked the merchant. "Ah, yes I do, but I only have the buds for them, is that okay?" The merchant asked, "Of course! How much will it be?" JIhoon asked. "It'll be 6." Jihoon handed the merchant the money and bid 'good-bye'.

 

"Hey, Jisoo.. Who is that over there?"

"That is General Lee's youngest son, your majesty." JIsoo answered.

"Bring him to the palace tonight." 

"Yes, your majesty." Jisoo bowed his head and made his way back to the palace to tell the Lieutenant to pass on the message to the General.

 

---

 

"Ah you're back!" Madame Lee said as she saw her son walk into the house. "I also brought carnations and orchids for your garden, but the merchant only had buds." Jihoon placed the sack of rice grains in the storage jar and showed his Mother the buds. "It's okay, it's better if you plant them yourself. It'll take time yes, but it's fun to do." Madame Lee explained to her son. "How about you plant the carnations and I'll do the orchids?" Madame Lee inquired, Jihoon nodded his head in agreement and both went outside to plant them.

 

The sun was nearing to be set, Jihoon followed his mother back into the house to prepare dinner for when his father returns from his duties at the palace. Jihoon helped his mother prepare his father's favorite dishes. 

"Jihoon, could you please make the rice?" His mother asked. JIhoon went to the storage jar and took out how many he needed and started up a pot on the fire to make the rice. After he was done cleaning the grains, he put them in the hot pot full of water and placed the lid ontop for it to cook fully.

After everything was done, he helped his mother set up the table and went to the storage house to get his family's alcohol because his father loves to drink. When he return back to the main house, the royal guards were there with the Lieutenant and his father.

"Hello, Lieutenant Kim." Jihoon greeted formally and smiled towards his father who returned the gesture.

"You are to be summoned to the King, Lee Jihoon." Lieutenant Kim said in a formal tone.

"May I ask for the purpose?" Jihoon asked, his father interposing, "Jihoon, son, trust me. Please see the King." His father, the General, gave him a reasurring smile.

Jihoon obeyed and followed the Lieutenant to be escorted to the Palace.

 

---

 

Upon arriving, Lieutenant Kim didn't say much from telling Jihoon to follow the maids. Jihoon was completely confused but obeyed anyways as he knows his place.

The maids dressed him into fine silk and put a bit of make up on him to look presentable to the King. 

"Do not look at the King unless told so." The head maid told him while escorting him to a seperate room where he'll meet the KIng. 

This piece of advice spooked JIhoon a bit but nonetheless, was calm on the outside.

 

The head maid told him to go to the double doors at the end of the hall. He thought she'll lead him, but she left back probably to the maid headquarters. He took slow steps to the doors, he could hear his own heart beating fast and hard. He was so nervous, he heard stories that the King was known as the 'Cold King' his emotions are so cold that he kills enemies fast and quick with no regrets.

An official announced JIhoon's arrival and the both of the doors opened in sync revealing the King in red and gold silk seated at the end of the room. Jihoon remembered the maids' advice and kept his head down and waited for permission to look up.

Jihoon was brought by the same official and took a seat across the King, on his knees. A different maid served the King and Jihoon tea. 

"You can drink your tea now." Jihoon flinched at the hard, low voice and picked up his tea and sipped at it.

Jihoon kept mum and placed his cup down and hid his hands underneath the table, he fiddled with them hoping it'll calm his nerves down.

"Jihoon," On instinct Jihoon lift his head and looked at the King, the King had dark brown eyes and he was very good looking.

"Ah! I'm sorry.." Jihoon apologized quickly. "It's okay. You are probably thinking why, the King, ssummoned you here to the Palace," The King started. "You see, I am looking for a Queen." He continued.

'Then why am I here?' Jihoon thought. "Not to be rude, you majesty... Don't you have concubines?" Jihoon asked in a small voice. The King smirked then let out a chuckle. Jihoon seemed surprised as to seeing the King laugh at what he said.

"I do, in fact I have twenty." The King stated matter-of-fact. Jihoon had a face but quickly pulled himself together. "But I don't want them. I want you." The King said in a gentle tone.

Jihoon was quite surpised, I mean, he's a guy for crying out loud and he didn't even know that the King swung that way. "Today was actually the first time I laid eyes on you when you were out at the market. Once my advisor told me who you were, I requested for you personally to meet me here tonight." The king said.

Jihoon was still in shock but had a calm demeanor and continued, "We just met, how do you know that you could trust me so easily? Perhaps I could be an assasin that works for one of the enemies?" Jihoon stated. The King just smiled, "I know you can't do that. One, you would never disrespect your father, you adore him as much as I do. Second, I've been told that you wanted to be a scholar for the King. You are very well loyal to your King." The King smirked and sippped his tea.

Jihoon let out a small smile and also drank his tea which is still full. 

"Jihoon-ah, please be my Queen." The King requested and held out his hand hoping Jihoon will take it. "B-But what if I'm not fit to be your Queen? I'm just a simple boy.." Jihoon said doubtly. "I know you are perfect. You treat your mother with gentleness and you make your father proud. You will honor your family greatly if you take my request." The King stated, still with a smile on his face.

Jihoon hesistantly took the Kings' strong hand and smiled. 'For my family's honor.' Jihoon thought as the King held his hand up to his lips and kissed it tenderly.

 

---

 

It's been nearly 20 years since Jihoon was the 'Queen' of Goryeo along side his husband, King Seungcheol. They had four children, Jiin, Seungho, Baek-ah, and Chaeyeon. Two boys and two girls. Of course Jihoon didn't give birth to them but they were orphans. The King and Queen went one day to pay a visit and Jihoon wanted to adopt. Jihoon discussed these matters with his husband and the advisors, they said the 'OK' and here they are.

 

King Seungcheol was growing old and was ready to appoint the Crown Prince to be the next King. 

"Jiin, my first son, do your Kingdom with greatness and take care of the people along with it." King Seungcheol advised his son who greatly took the advice and went along to his Coronation ceremony where the whole Kingdom will be there to see their new King.

 

---

 

There had been a disease spreading and it quickly spreaded across the Kingdom. Unfortunately, the late Queen caught it and seemed to be near death. 

"Jihoon-ah, my beloved, I'm so sorry.." The late King said while holding his husbands' cold hands.

"Seungcheol hyung.. I will always love you, I am so grateful towards you. I'm glad we met... I will love you for a thousand years.." That was the last words of Lee Jihoon, the late Queen of Goryeo. 

"I will love you for a thousand more..." Seungcheol said quietly as tears escaped his eyes. 'We'll meet again, Lee Jihoon, in a different lifetime..'

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n here's the first chapter! hopefully you enjoyed that..? ^^; 

ah yes, ive been getting into seventeen so i just had to because jicheol's height difference gets me all the time

on top of that, they knew each other for a long time and its just so cute!!

maybe subsribe for more later on? thanks for reading! love yall! <3

-Heyyz_ima_taemin_fan