One.

Primary Reason

Park Jimin has always been annoying and a whiny little .

He’s loud and whines a lot. He whines when their prof gets a whole lot of their time even though their class is suppose to end twenty minutes ago, when he can’t get his piece of chocolate butternut because no one’s accompanying him to the donut shop, when he can’t perfect this dance move he was breaking his off half an hour ago, when someone switch channels when he’s watching Pokemon and his fave Togepi, when he comes late to class when he’s totally sure he was gonna make it on time because he woke up earlier than yesterday, when he passes by a kid who eats ice cream and how he just wants some and whines more when you bought him only one cone because when he says some, he means maaany some, and when the day is just whine-worthy or when he’s just bored, he’s just gonna spend the day whining about some random couple hand-in-hand and smiling sweetly to each other and he just wanna smack them just because.

And out of all the members of their little circle of friends, Yoongi’s quite sure he was (almost) the other end of these whines.

And he’s just a little bit annoyed every time.

How Jimin just smacks him in the arms just because he was laughing out loud on something he ain’t even sure if funny or stupid. How he sends him morning texts and calls him in an ungodly hour before noon because he needs someone to accompany him to his favourite donut shop. How he forces him to take a video of him while practising a dance move. How he calls him at 2:55 AM and invites him over for some beer because he’s “not good enough”. And how he orders him to buy him ice cream on a cold winter night.

So when a time comes when all seven of them are having sleep over at Seokjin’s and having snacks and drinks at 1 in the midnight talking about dreams and money and music and alcohol and , he was quite sure Jimin is again giving him this look which probably means he wants someone to accompany him to the comfort room because he’s about to puke and it’s midnight and he’s not down for some ghosts appearing.

Yoongi shifts his head to Jungkook who was talking about this certain girl he met online and asked him to send her nudes, totally eager to ignore Jimin’s little pokes at his side and soft almost whisper little whines of “Hyunggg~”.

Everyone now laughs as they watch Jungkook talks so seriously, eyes big with excitement or horror or whatever, and how this girl insisted to send her nudes for some biology research, and how Jungkook actually believed it and was about to send the girl some when Taehyung, according to Jungkook’s story, found him in the CR trying to catch some good angles of his .

Jimin still pokes on Yoongi, a bit harder this time, and Yoongi swears his muscles almost tensed as Jimin whispers right next to his ear, “Hyuuung~”, word almost unrecognizable, and how Jimin’s hand just landed on his thigh.

Giving up, Yoongi quietly signalled him to stand up because at last he was gonna accompany him to the CR, probably because he’s not down for some responsibility if Jimin pukes right then and there.

Jimin smiles because victory and Yoongi frowns because he just wanna smack him.

A moment passes when Jimin gets out of the comfort room, face almost all wet and eyes beaming. Yoongi was about to turn around to get back to the living room, when Jimin talks.

“Thanks, Yoongi-hyung”, eyes all tiny crescents, lips so red and face almost blushing probably because of alcohol.

And it took Yoongi a good minute just staring at Jimin because what?

Jimin tilts his head a bit, eyes questioning Yoongi.

“What did you say?”, Yoongi asks as if he didn’t hear it the first time.

“I was thanking you, hyung. Why?”

“ . . I meant after that . . ?”, Yoongi says, he himself not quite sure if that was a question or what.

“Nothing. It was just Thanks, Yoongi-hyung.”, the kid answers because obviously it was what he just said.

And Yoongi’s annoyed again.

He’s annoyed about how Jimin’s lips circle pronouncing his name, how his crooked tooth cutely shows while he’s speaking, how he almost did not hear anything Jimin said except for his name.

Then he realizes that Jimin never said his name, or atleast when Yoongi’s around. He never heard Jimin say “Yoongi-hyung”. He whines almost every day but he never mentioned his name before Jimin’s every “-hyuuung~”

And again, Yoongi’s annoyed.

He’s annoyed about the fact that he notices every single detail of how the younger spills out his name, like seriously, he was so sure his name’s not that beautiful, but he’s sure that the boy in front of him right now is, god is he really saying that, and wow, he just felt like all the messy stuff going on in his head just went in their proper lanes and everything just feels so nice he wonders if that was even possible or if he was just being plain crazy, probably the latter but whatever, all these happening just because Jimin, Park freaking Jimin, who is a nuisance in every single day he remembers existed, said his name, in such a beautiful way he never know is possible, and those lips, he can just curse under his breath trying to fight the urge to kiss those right now, and boy never did he have a time as hard as now.

Yoongi stutters his welcome, rubbing the back of his neck because he was seriously being stupid.

He’s annoyed. He is always annoyed when it comes to Jimin. He’s annoyed of the fact that Jimin is doing this to him. He’s annoyed of the fact that Jimin has this effect on him. He’s annoyed because he always make Yoongi do the things he don’t wanna do considering any given condition.

But then again, it all seems worth it once Jimin thanks him right after, with a smile on his lips and eyes, voice cheering and how the boy hops a very little bit because he’s happy.

 

Yoongi’s annoyed.

 

To himself.

 

Because even though he’s always annoyed at Jimin giving him random orders at random times, he still do them because he wants to see Jimin being happy. Because he wants to see those eyes and smile. Because he wants to hear his beaming voice. Because he wants to see the younger’s hair bounce a little every time he hops a bit when saying his thanks. Because simply it was Park Jimin.