The "Almost"

Almost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost.

The word that define all Yebin's attempts. Almost.

And sometimes, it seems like would almost never come to an end.

- Minky! - She called after so much running to reach the red-haired girl, tall and only a year older than she.

Kim Minkyung. Or how could she say, the person Yebin loves more than anything.

Minkyung was her first love, her sigh, her passionate gaze and the beating of her heart. But most of all, Minkyung was the almost in all of her innumerable attempts to say what she felt.

Every day Yebin would wake up thinking in how about to say those three words to her group colleague, at which point it would happen or if she still had to wait longer than usual. Because every time she tried, something disturbed the blonde girl to continue with her moment of speech, and in the end, she was always stayed on the almost.

Yebin's fear is that, if the almost between her and Minkyung, would last forever.

When the redhead spotted her little girl running toward her, her arms automatically opened as an invitation for Yebin to throw at them without fears or concerns. And she did.

Clinging in her waist and reveling in the height difference of the two, Yebin smiled at Minkyung and tightened her arms around the tall body.

- Better that way? - She asked in a whisper, then left a kiss on the forehead that made the blonde close her eyes during the seconds that contact lasted.

- Enough. - Answered.

- Can you tell me why you were running?

- Wow, but I'm always running to you. Have not you gotten used with that, Minky? - Yebin reinforced her mania of living running to Minkyung in any place.

And she do it in the literal sense of the phrase, whenever she see the redhead somewhere, she run to her in the hope that her arms were be open to receive she, and Minkyung would never stop holding her and then hug her tightly. As well as they are now.

- Hmmmm, yes. And of all your manias, this is my favorite. Minkyung kissed her forehead again, this time taking a little longer to remove such tender and loving contact.

Yebin felt loved and unique, as if in that world only she and Minkyung existed.

And feeling so special, It was not long for the courage to confess her feelings appear.

- M-Minky, I want to tell you something. - Yebin's hands gripped the older T-shirt with a little force, and Minkyung ended up realizing.

- What happened? It's very important? - She asked, gently her face.

- Yes, very important. - Yebin took a deep breath, staring into those beautiful eyes, a woman so beautiful and lovely so much. She was ready. - I-I'm in love with yo-

There is a problem, which can't be ignored. Yebin feels loved, unique and special to Minkyung whenever they were together.

But, the feeling never lasted for long.

For there was a phenomenon that happened every time Yebin creates the courage to confess. Sometimes she thought Minkyung was just too distracted and did not notice when it was a serious, uninterrupted conversation. She's never been so wrong.

The redhead was not distracted or inattentive, and it was not long before Yebin realized that she too had eyes for someone else.

- Minkyungie. - One of the members of the group appeared beside Minkyung, with a broad smile on her face, so beautiful and attractive that the tall girl smiled spontaneously just by looking at him. And of course, completely interrupting what Yebin was about to say.

Kang Kyungwon.

- Hi my love. - Minkyung said.

It was all very fast. In a second, Yebin was in Minkyung's arms, feeling loved and unique as anyone, taking advantage of the short time of that feeling so graceful that she felt for her colleague. But in the other, neither near Minkyung she was more, neither trapped in her embrace with her eyes giving attention.

The two older ones engaged in a lively conversation, full of laughter and affectionate touches on their part. Hugs, kisses on the cheek and hands clasped.

Yebin was jealous, very jealous, but she didn't hate her Unnie because of it. Kyungwon was by far one of the best people she had ever met, and for that very reason, she often wished to be in Kyungwon's body.

Perhaps this is the only solution to not lose Minkyung's attention.

It was always like this, no matter how the two of them were, if Kyungwon shows up or was just around, Minkyung totally turns her attention away from the smaller girl and without realizing it, she broke Yebin's heart for always leaving her behind.

It was strange to Yebin when the two were together, because before Kyungwon appear, it was as if Minkyung had no eyes for anyone but her. And then, when the person that she loves was with the other member, it was as if Yebin did not even exist.

The blonde felt like an intruder there, and as all the uncomfortable feeling did, Yebin walked away unnoticed by either of them, taking away with her the sadness of not being able to, and the feeling of having to go back to her room with all the feelings in her hands.

Without forgetting to jot down another Almost on your list of failed attempts.


 

______________

 

It was lunchtime, everyone in the group was overly excited and happy as it would be a long day at work and their manager allowed them to order enough food and feed themselves well.

Whenever the ten girls were together in the same space to eat, they fought the places, because one wanted to sit next to the other, but another did not want to be separated from one. It was an immense confusion that always caused headache for leader Nayoung.

To Yebin, what really matters is to sit down next to Minkyung. Whenever they sat together, it seemed like lunch was more fun, the food tastier and the moment more special. Minkyung's presence brightened every part of their day, and was almost a tradition for them to sit down together for a meal.

- Girls, will not fit everyone at the table. - Nayoung said. - Some will have to sit there on the couch, but please, you guys need decide soon or the food will get cold.

A discreet hand gripped the leader's hands. It was Zhou Jieqiong who was already sitting in her rightful place next to Nayoung and just waiting for her to sit down and keep her company.

- I keeped your place. - The Chinese girl whispered, giving Nayoung the pleasure of seeing her shy smile before she received a wink from the older one.

Yebin had her plate in her hands, ready to sit beside Minkyung and enjoy her lunch beside her. But again, the Almost, made a interruption in her plans.

When she saw Minkyung sitting next to Kyungwon and the two talking with excitement, all her mood disappeared. She didn't even notice that she had stood there watching, until one of her colleagues showed up.

- Yebin? Will not sit down? - Nayoung asked, taking the blonde out of that trance. - There isn't place on the table, did you want to stay here?

The situation was somewhat shameful, and even humiliating. Yebin felt a hard urge to cry, but if she did she would leave her friends worried and end up attracting too much attention to such a common subject.

- N-No, I-I just-

- Unnie, come sit with us. - Suddenly, Siyeon, one of the youngest of the group, took her arm gently and making her an invitation to go to the room, which Yebin did not think twice to accept.

And in the living room, Siyeon was having lunch with Eunwoo, her girlfriend.

It wasn't news to anyone there what the two of them had and felt for each other, so much so that the other girls found out about their hidden courtship without even needing to question or tell them. The famous exchange of gazes and expressions of affection spoke for themselves.

- Thank you for that, Siyeon. - The older girl thanked her as she sat down on the couch, and ended up getting a sympathetic look by the brunette.

- I saw how you stood when you saw  Minkyung unnie sitting on Kyung Unnie's side. I thought it would be good to go to the rescue. - She said. - I'm sorry for this.

- It's all right, I mean, it's just a place on the table… - Yebin tried to disguise herself, but she could not because Siyeon and Eunwoo were smart enough to notice their unnie's strange behavior.

Precisely because the couple had already gone through the same situation before they resolved to end that emotional torture.

- When Siyeonnie sat down with someone else at the table or paid more attention to another member, I was just like you. - Eunwoo commented.

- And when you sat with someone else at the table or paid more attention to Kyulkyungie, I was like her too! - Siyeon retorted and didn't hesitate to pinch her girlfriend's arm.

The couple started a healthy discussion there, and getting totally oblivious to the previous issue. Yebin watched the scene with some jealousy, because this could be she and Minkyung arguing about how they felt about jealousy before they started dating. It could, but it wasn't.

The difference is that both Eunwoo and Siyeon had completely reciprocal feelings. Yebin already had no idea how Minkyung felt about her, because at the same time that she seemed to love Yebin with all her heart, it also seemed Kyungwon was her greatest wish in her life.

Sometimes she felt in a love triangle, but without the consent of the other two people. And without Minkyung at her side, lunch was no longer fun, food lost its flavor and the moment became monotonous and tedious.

Another Almost for her list.



 

___________________



 

Yebin had a plan. And and there was no way to go wrong.

The great advantage she had over Kyungwon is to share the room with Minkyung. Sometimes the blonde found herself thinking about how that situation is funny in a certain point, because even if she slept in the same room that Minkyung, she never being able to confess her feelings to red-haired girl. The group that was only at the beginning of their career, had a rigorous schedule of workouts and appointments, so when the girls returned to the dormitory, they only wanted a hot bath and their beds, because they felt too tired even to talk.

But this time, Yebin decided she would wait for Minkyung, even if her fatigue was consuming every part of her being. This day had been tiring too, the group had to separate for individual activities, so she would only have that chance to be able to talk to Minkyung once and for all.

It was just a matter of waiting for the redhead to finish her bath…

The task was not easy, precisely because her eyes were in tears because of sleep and her body begged for rest. Her brain told her to let go and go to sleep, but her heart was the only one stubborn in the story that kept her awake and waiting for Minkyung to enter the room.

And then the door opened. Minkyung entered.

With the towel curled around her neck, wearing short pajamas and highlighting all her curves of her perfect body, the older one entered the room she shared with Yebin exuding fatigue.

- God, I'm dead! - The redhead exclaimed in a husky voice. Just hung the towel in the door lock and threw herself on her bed right away.

Yebin bit her lower lip discreetly and watched the scene in complete admiration because, thank God, Minkyung was the most beautiful woman in the world. And a Bonus she sleeps in the same room as yours.

But she couldn’t forget her purpose.

- Minky, can I sleep with you? - Yebin asked innocently.

Minkyung only opened one eye and stared at the blonde, with that hopeful little face for a positive response. The redhead grinned.

- Come here.

Only when the older one who raised her blanket, which Yebin practically ran under the blankets, then her body was warm and comfortable by Minkyung. It wasn't uncommon for them to sleep in the same bed, sometimes when she arrived too late and found Yebin sleeping, Minkyung herself would lay with her in her bed and hug her body, being careful not to wake her.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter