i. small

it's the little things

 

Title: i. small

Description: a seven years old yoongi meets a three years old jungkook for the first time.

Genre(s): fluff

Rating: general

Warning: none

Notes: kids!sugakookie, lapslock, un-beta’ed

Word count: 357 words

 


 

i. small

the first thing that comes to yoongi’s mind when he sees the little boy for the first time is small. his mother had told him that they were going to have a new neighbour and the family have two young kids. probably around his age his mother had told him. but there’s only the mother and the little boy here right now and the mother brings something that smells delicious with her.

the little boy is standing beside his mother, wearing a white t-shirt underneath the light blue denim overall, the little boy has a fist over his mouth while his other hand clutches his mother’s dress tightly. the little boy looks uncertain. wary. unsure.

like a deer caught in headlights, the little boy slightly jumps when his mother asks him to introduce himself. the little boy looks at his mother as if he’s asking for encouragement. He probably does because the woman later smiles then nods her head at the little boy.

“my name-” the little boy pauses before tilting his head to look at yoongi’s mother, “my name is jeon jungkook. i am three years old.” yoongi blibks. Yoongi has heard a lot of voices before. the voices of his parents, his brother, his friend, his relatives and even strangers. so many. but for some reason, the little boy’s- jungkook’s, voice is now his new favourite. it’s soft, like his mother’s. and it’s also cute, like his classmate, haein’s. and youthful and sweet, like no other. just jungkook.

yoongi is snapped out of his thought when he realizes that jungkook is looking at him. jungkook is looking for something from him. something a seven years old yoongi isn’t really sure what. approval? acknowledgement? praises? so, yoongi does the only thing he can think of at the moment.

he smiles. you did well it hints.

jungkook body seems to relax after that. although his hand is still clutching his mother's dress, his fist moves away from his mouth. revealing his lips that are parted open in an audible gasp. yoongi doesn't know if he's imagining it but jungkook's eyes seems to sparkle. thank you! it implies.

 


 

come talk to me on my twitter and/or curiouscat? ;;