Amusement Park

Amusement Park - Optional Bias

A chill hung in the air as you impatiently waited on your porch, your feet nervously pacing in an attempt to quickly pass the time. Shoving your hands deeper into the pockets of your chocolate vest. You kept scanning the area for any sign of him. Removing one of your hands from the warm vest pockets, you removed your phone from your back pocket and lit up the screen as you noticed the time on the screen. Sighing softly, you returned your phone back into your pocket and then your hand back into your pocket.

Waiting a few more minutes, you continued to pace before you headed towards your truck. Placing everything inside, you leaned up against the front bumper, continuing to wait on your plus one for the day. Checking the time on your phone, you sighed seeing that he was going on two hours late. Right when you were making up your mind, you watched a car pull into an empty parking space. Getting out of the car, he began to trot down the sidewalk towards your front door. Honking your truck, you watched him continue to walk away from you. Yelling out to him, you watched for a moment or two before his feet slowed and he turned around.

Walking towards you a smile curled on his lips as his arms opened to encase you in a tight hug. Wrapping your arms around his shoulders, you dropped your head into the nape of his neck, his comforting scent and touch enveloped you as all of the worry that he wasn’t going to be there or going to make it melted away as he gently rubbed your back. Turning his head slightly, he pressed a soft kiss on your cheek as he moved his lips towards your ear.

“I am sorry that I am late” He whispered quietly while his grip on your tightened in hopes that he would forgive you.

“I’m just glad that you made it” You whispered back, running your fingers along the neck hem of his t shirt that he was wearing.

“Me too” He whispered softly, his warm breath combing over your exposed skin.

Loosening your grip on him slightly, the two of you pulled away as he slipped his hand into yours, pulling you towards his car, he opened the car door and grabbed his backpack and another jacket before slipping his hand back into yours. Walking towards your truck, the two of you got in as you slid behind the wheel.

Sliding your key into the ignition, you turned towards him as your fingers found themselves in the cotton of his shirt as you gently pulled him towards you as well as you leaned towards him. His lips found yours as your head tilted towards his, feeling his soft sultry lips against yours, your heart picked up it’s pace quickly as your body relaxed into the feelings pulsing through your veins.

Breaking for air, the two of you remained close to one another as your eyes gazed into his looking back at you.

“I’ve missed you” You breathed as your fingers untangled from his shirt.

“Not as much as I missed you” He whispered as he gently moved his lips to your forehead.

Pulling away reluctantly, you shifted your truck into drive and pulled out of the parking space as his hand slipped into yours. A content and happy silence filled the cab as you continued to drive. Lifting up your hand from time to time, he pressed his lips against your skin as he eased himself down to rest on the space between the two of you.

He released your hand as your fingers found their way into his hair. Soft hums and sighs spilled from his lips as his eyes closed and you continued to drive while your fingers absentmindedly moved through his hair, down his neck and across his shoulders slowly. Conversation made its way into the quiet cab as the two of you listened to your ipod. Humming and lightly singing to the songs, a smile curled on his lips hearing his angel sing the songs that spoke the messages of her heart.

An hour and a half later, you found yourself pulling into the gates of the amusement park, finding a parking space for your truck, you pulled into the parking space and turned off the engine. Stepping outside of the car, the two of you stretched before heading towards the main gates with your tickets in hand.

A blue stamp was inked on the back of your right hand at the exchange of your tickets. While you passed through the entrance gates. Linking up hands with up with your beloved boyfriend, you two took in the beautiful entrance as a light sparked in your eyes. Walking around to one end of the park, the two of you stood in line happily as you watched the ride and the people in front of you stepped onto the ride.

He sat behind you as you sat in front of him, he closed the door and locked it enabling the two of you to be safe within a caged pod. His arms wrapped around your torso as the two of you waited for everyone else to do the same.

The ride started up as you got pushed against his chest, his arms tightly wrapped around you as the two of you spun in circles. Eventually hitting the apex of the arch the two of you were spinning upside down happily with his arms keeping you safe. The ride slowed as he pressed a kiss on your cheek as it slowed to a stop. Unlatching the door, the two of you exited hand in hand so that other people could ride the ride. Heading to a roller coaster next, the two of you happily watched the ride go around and around as anticipation began to fester in your stomach. Chatting while the two of you happily waited in line, you eventually mounted the metal beast as restraints came over the two of you and the ride climbed the steep hill before it hit the apex of the arch before screaming down the metal tracks.

Grasping your hand, your screams mingled with the others as smiles could hardly be contained as you gripped his hand slightly tighter and tighter. Pulling into the loading station, the two of you undid the restraints as you exited the roller coaster car. Slipping your hand back into his, the two of you happily went along and found another ride.

Wandering over to the skylift, the two of you stood in line waiting your turn as the two of you sat down on a ski lift, a bar was placed over the laps of the two of you before the lift began to climb into the leaves of the trees. Your boy wrapped his arm around you as your head rested on his shoulder, looking across the entire amusement park, you couldn’t help but smile as you lifted your head up from his shoulder just to look into the pair of eyes that you loved so much. Kissing his cheek, you could see the smile radiate on his lips as he leaned in, his hand resting on your cheek as he pressed his lips sweetly against yours. Pulling away slightly, he whispered those three simple words that never fail to make your heart stop for a second and then flutter back to start beating.

I love you

Ride after ride the two of you happily talked and enjoyed one another as the excitement and the butterflies continuously fluttered in your stomach. Pride and happiness filled your chest as you continued to hold him off and show everyone around you that this amazing man was yours to have and to hold.

Eyes fell upon you and your boy as he warmed up your hands and wrapped his arms around you to warm you up, other girls’ eyes filled with admiration as you silently wished that they would get everything that they wish for eventually.

Entering another ride, the two of you happily walked into the bumper car ring as he helped you find a car first then finding one for himself. The two of you teased one another as you waited for them to start the ride. Pushing the gas pedal you went forward and hit into his car. He gave you this look and you knew that it was on, allowing your competitive beast to come to the surface, you sped off and dodged cars testing your driving skills against his.

Finding him in the crowd, you rammed into the side of his car as he looked over at you, blowing a kiss to him you sped off and happily disappeared into the crowd. With a few more sneak attacks, the ride came to an end as the cars stopped and you undid your restraints, stepping out of the car you met back up with him and kissed his cheek.

The two of you happily walked around to see what other rides the two of you wanted to do. Pulling you into a photobooth, you sat on his lap as the two of you smiled and snapped a picture, kissing his cheek, then him kissing yours, the two of your lips met for another picture before a silly picture before the strip of pictures printed out.

Waiting in line, you saw some of your friends and coworkers that you had worked with over the summer, chatting with them for a moment, you proudly introduced your boyfriend to them happy to show him off.

Going through all of the rides, your boyfriend pointed out some rides as you told him that you had never been on one of those rides, one ride being the flying swings. Rolling his eyes with an exasperated sigh, he pulled you towards the line as the two of you stood in line with one another. Picking your seats, the two of you chose a couple bench on the inside of the ride as you hopped on the seat and pulled the bar over your heads. Clipping a strap between your legs to the bar, the two of you happily watched as the ride lifted your feet above the ground and began to twirl you around and around.

Your feet dangled over the water as you closed your eyes for a moment enjoying the warmth of the sun, the cool breeze blowing through your hair. A soft pair of lips pressed against your cheek as you smiled as you turned towards him with a unmatched bright smile curling on your lips.

Once the ride was over, the two of you unlatched yourself from behind the bar and exited the ride. The sun began to set as you both decided to wind down on the rides and go on the train that followed a track around the pond and into where exotic animals live.

Boarding the train, you sat in the very back as the two of you faced backwards to see all that was going on. His arm wrapped around your shoulders as your head rested on his shoulder, the day full of excitement and activities began to take its toll on the two of you as you just enjoyed one another’s company. After a while, the train began to move as it took it’s leisurely trip around the lagoon and through the cages to see the animals.

The sun continued to move across the sky as you two mounted many other rides. With the sun setting, the two of you saw more people show up all dressed up in their halloween outfits. Attending the park through their halloween celebration, the two of you decided to go into the scariest walk through that you could.

Finding one that you both could decide on, the two of you held hands as he walked in front of you, following him, you took in the narrow hallways covered in bloodied hand prints and pictures that changed and moved as you did. Things jumped out at you as he jumped a little more than you. Going through the darkened hallways, you continued to move as you took the lead. Holding onto his hand still, the two of you followed one another as the scenes changed. Going through curtains, the two of you walked through these two walls as they quickly closed in on you. Pushing you into your boy, you held his hand tighter as you continued to make your way through the scarehouse.

Making through the final curtain, the two of you laughed and giggled at how bad the two of you handled the scarehouse. Making your way back to the front gates, the two of you shuffled your tired feet back to find your truck.

“That was so much fun with you…” You turned to him as he smiled and brushed his chilled fingers across your rosey cheeks.

“Don’t worry, this is only the first, not the last time we will come to an amusement park” He smiled as he pressed a warm kiss on your other cheek. “Even though I have had other amusement park dates, this one was by far my favorite…”

Because it was with you