-

Moonlight Sanity

It all started with a call.

 

“I am sick, please please please unnie?” Seulgi pleaded in the phone, Irene can hear the bear sniffling into a tissue.

 

She has no idea but to wonder why Seulgi would agree on doing a delivery service for a certain company. Of all the coffee shops, it's a Styrbucks, and of all companies, The Gray Enterprise?

 

And now here she is, with a black button up with a huge Styrbucks logo at her back and a pair of long blue jeans, standing awkwardly at the counter, receiving a weird look from the counter attendant when she said she is here with a delivery for Miss Park Joy.

 

She stood there awkwardly and fiddled with the paper bag while the attendant speaks into the intercom while keeping a weird glance on her.

 

-

 

While she thought she should give up and go back since the attendant doesn't seem like she will grant her access any soon, she was startled by a voice behind her. "Miss Irene, my apologies for keeping you waiting."

 

"Oh my god! What was that?" Irene would have hid under a rock if she could when she realized she just did something stupid in front of a gorgeous cute girl. Did she mention that she is a er for blondes? Now y'all know.

 

The blonde seemed surprised at her reaction. She chuckled, "I am sorry if I startled you, Miss Irene."


"I am sorry too. I'm just... easily startled."


"No, thanks okay. It's totally fine." The lady in a navy blue pinstripe suit shook her hand, seemed to be surprised by the sudden apology.


"Here, this way." She gestured Irene to follow her.

-

"I am Wendy by the way. You can just call me by name." the lady broke silence while they were in elevator.

"Wendy."

A shiver crept up on Wendy's shoulder when she heard her name muttered by the natural puckered lips, it flowed out of her tongue like cool water after extreme sports under the blazing sun.

"I am Irene."

"Yes. The Goddess of Peace."

"Yea..." Irene chuckled awkwardly as she raised her hand to touch her neck and slid it to her nape.

-

The elevator continues to go on and on. Irene suspects that this delivery may not be that normal at all.

 

 



 

She was proven correct when a tall shoulder-length-haired girl slumped on the sofa with her arms crossed. With her head leaned on the top rail, she watched Irene intently with her peripheral vision when both of them came out of the elevator.

 

“Took you long enough. Were you hitting on my sister’s best friend?”

 

“Technically, both of us are her best friends, Joy’” Wendy handed the intimidating sister of Seulgi’s and took a glance at Irene. “We just haven’t met each other yet. Here, let me. I’ll put this on Eunae’s table.” With a smile, Wendy took the cup from Irene's hand and headed towards another room.

 

-

 

Unnoticingly, she has been starring at Wendy’s when the latter walks into the office. Joy who was watching in amuse just can’t help but to interrupt the moment.

 

“I assume you had an amazing scene viewing moment?”

 

Irene faked coughs and stirred her view towards the sister. "Sorry?"

 

"Pfttt, nothing to hide unnie. Seulgi told me about your obsession with butts."

 

Irene's coughs got louder. She didn't choke on water but she wished she is right now.

"Wendy unnie is still single Joohyun unnie, take a chance."

 

Irene blinked her eyes. She is quite sure Joy was pulling a prank on her. There is no way this greatness is still not taken, and they have only just met!

 

Soon, Wendy came back from the office and Joy stopped her ‘consultation session’ on how Irene can get Wendy easily.

 

-

 

To be honest, Irene would be lying if she said she is not interested in that fine lady. She even blushes whenever behind the rings on the cafe door shows a certain good looking brunette with a perfect squishy posterior.

 

Oh right.

 

Wendy came to the cafe everyday since that day.

 

She liked how she can see the olaf everyday but at the same time she doesn't want all those hoes' eyes on her wan.

 

Wait. Olaf who? Wan who? Did she just give nicknames to Wendy even before they are girlfriends yet?

 

Yet.

 

“Unnie! Wendy unnie is waiting for you to take her order.” Yeri nudged her from the side, waking her from her inner screams that would have scared the Mr Lucifer himself.

 

A blonde angel stood in front, smiling at her. She soon took the order and her wasn’t sure her leg can support her any longer.
 


 

“Have a good day!” The barista handed a blonde dressed in a black and white office suit a cup of cold brew coffee and pecked her on her cheek.

 

“Oh wow! This is not what I expect from a certain someone who comes here everyday. And now, she is the one who sends you to work. How amazing.” Usually, Irene would have strangled the maknae but let’s not take it too far.

 

 



 

Irene sat on the couch, reading her magazines. Her blonde girlfriend sat on the floor, body leaned against the base part of the couch where Irene opened her legs, creating a space for Wendy to sit in the middle of the space.

 

Irene did ask Wendy why doesn't the latter sit on the couch instead but Wendy just shrugged and stated that she felt more comfortable with that sitting position.

 

-

 

It had been a quiet morning. Warm sunshine poured in from the window and a very cuddly bunny reluctantly (very, she doesn’t even let go of Wendy to let her pee) got up from the bed. Then the breakfast preparing and eating session were basically Irene who was still sleepy clinged on Wendy while the latter made breakfast.

 

Weekends for the couple are typically watching movies embraced in each other’s arms, or if Wendy has any extra work, Irene will always stay at the same space with her and accompany her until she finished her work. Now and then, Wendy will ask Irene if she wants her to bring her elsewhere for a date. Irene always replied that she would actually preferred to be at home instead.

 

"I am fine. It doesn't matter where we date as long you are with me, together." And maybe her fabric softener too. At least Wendy is taller than Downy, just saying.

 

But yeah, Irene is such a home person she can just immerse in her own world in her house during her weekends and not go out with her squad. At least not before they beg, threaten and provide her transport.

 

-

 

“But she goes out anytime, everytime I asked?” Wendy tilted her head to the left, not understanding why they commented Irene so. The maknae’s response is always on point. This time it left somebody in an emotional mess. “She is just whipped.”

 

Seulgi who was munching pringles at beside glad that Irene is not around. She would pray for the little one if she is found buried in some of the public toilet near the cemetery.

 

-

 

“What were you reading about? New fabric softener brand?" Wendy tilted her head backwards and watched the brunette from below.

 

"What? No." Irene chuckled and ruffled Wendy's hair. "I was looking at this bakery with extraordinary names which just opened a franchise in Canada.” she liked how soft Wendy’s hair felt like so she stopped the ruffling and started to brush them .

 

Wendy closes her eyes and relishes in the comfort the hand brought. She felt the brain cells which dead just now has reincarnated. “What name is the bakery then?”

 

“Wendy’s Tears Bakery.” Irene seemed amused at the name from the slight chuckles Wendy heard with the tip of her ears.

 

“Bakery made by my tears? That’s very impressive.” Wendy chuckled along, “How was it? Did they have good reputation? I assuming my tears gonna flood out the bakery.”

 

Irene laughed and smacked on her arms. “Hey you should at least be more kind to the bakery with your name. All of the customers are satisfied with how good the things there tasted. Although the names are a bit weird like the bakery.” Irene continued to flip the magazine with another unoccupied hand. “Ohhhh, all of the  crew there are very pretty too! Do you know them by chance? All of them have blond hair and one of them looked like you a lot. I can only differentiate by the eye colors.” Irene said while she showed the magazine to her.

 

“Oh wow.” Wendy was kinda speechless because the owner does look like her, like a twins instead of doppelganger. She found another crew who look like Irene too. Okay that is creepy. “They are pretty.”

 

With the arms in front of Wendy, Irene leans down and closes the magazine. She hovered over Wendy’s face until she can meet her eyes. “You are enchantingly beautiful.”

 

Irene’s hair flowed down, created a curtain and blocked the light. Wendy looks up and focused at the pools of brown where her heart resides. “And you, Irene, is unreal. My goddess.”

 

Her goddess eyes smiled into crescent moons. Wendy swears nobody’s smile would look more charming and captivating then her goddess in front of her. “You are so cheeky, Wendy.” she said as she pecked on Wendy’s nose.

 

“My cheek is all yours.” She flashed a smile after she opened her eyes from the peck.

 

“Dork.”

 

“Your dork.”

 

Irene laughed out loud as she kissed on Wendy’s lips and pulled out from the intimate distance they were in. She tapped on Wendy’s nose and guide her head back to face the computer. “Now finish your work. I demand my cuddle.”

 

“Yes my queen.”

 

 


 

 

Things were hectic at the office. Wendy was so busy and immersed at her work she would have missed the party if it was not her boss reminded her through message.

 

“Hey.” Wendy hugged Irene from her back, startling the latter. Irene eased up and leaned into the embrace after she realized it was Wendy who was behind her. Softly she  place her hands on top of Wendy’s arms. “You’re here.”

 

“You are late Wendy Shon.” Joy, who was talking with the brunette looks at her judgingly. “And you are just wearing your normal working outfit with a drawn mustache,  so much for a halloween night, Mister Shon.”

 

“Hey, what’s wrong with agent with classy outfit? Men in black is just wearing black suit. My suit was at least tailored from Kingsmen.” Wendy retaliated, showing the umbrella she was holding. “And this, the weapon, and also a tool if it rains later on.”

 

“Excuses, excuses.”

 

“It’s okay. I’m glad you are here Wen.” Irene pressed a kiss to Wendy’s cheek and earned another scoff from the Miss Korea. “Pda pda, why do my eyes have to suffer like this.”

 

“You have sinned too much that’s why.” Yeri the maknae, dressed in white dress, white wings and a halo on her head came in from nowhere, snapped and ran off. “You little .” the Miss Korea has no chill whenever Yeri came into the picture thus she picked up her dress to chase the little angel(demon to be exact) down. “Don’t let me get you you little !”

 


 

*background music plays* song1 song2

 

Wendy loosen her hold and turns Irene around, hands still placing on her waist as she leads the lady in black, sway along slowly with the music. “You look gorgeous today.”

 

Irene smiled and curled her arms around Wendy’s neck and pressed her forehead to Wendy’s as she sways along with her.  “Well you don’t look bad as well, my mister right.”

 

Wendy decided to sing the next verse, which she thought that it was very well match with what they are doing right now.

 

Unforgettable in every way

And forever more, that's how you'll stay

That's why, darling, it's incredible

That someone so unforgettable

Thinks that I am unforgettable too

 

“That was beautiful.” Irene opened her eyes as the song ends. She looked at the sincere gaze and naturally, their lips reached for each other.

 

“You haven’t eaten yet.” is the first word came out after their kiss. Weird but that’s just how the older work. “You gotta eat.” She dragged the girl with her to the nearest food tower.

 

Wendy laughed at Irene’s cute action(in her eyes don’t judge), but of course she shall give what Miss Bae demanded. The next song was played and she sang it to the girl along the way.

 

She skipped and jumped in front of Irene, halting the walk.

L, is for the way you look at me

She took Irene’s cheek in her hand, as she looked into her eyes.

O, is for the only one I see

She took Irene’s hand and kissed it’s back.

V, is very, very extraordinary

She placed her kiss on Irene’s eyes.

E, is even more than anyone that you adore can

She clasped her hands with Irene’s, walking backward facing Irene, as she sang.

Love is all that I can give to you

Love is more than just a game for two

Two in love can make it

Take my heart and please don't break it

Love was made for me and you

Love was made for me and you

Love was made for me and you

 

 



 

“Seulgi, please, tell me where she is.” This is the first line blurted out from Wendy’s mouth as Seulgi finally decides to break in her room because the manager has been closing herself in her own room and chose to not come out after she found out Irene left.

 

“You know that the news isn’t real. I knew it when my father told me through my phone and instantly I rejected it. I would never marry someone other than her!” Wendy cried.

 

Seulgi’s heart clutches as she saw the girl hugging her knees, crying in front of front of her. A general manager of Gray Enterprise, with her hairs dishevelled, wearing the blouse Seulgi saw her wearing before Irene leaves, Seulgi does not see rationality left in the girl anymore. Her eyes were red, huge eye bags and dark circles underneath,  Seulgi is ready if the girl fainted anytime soon.

 

She needs to do what a friend should do. “Irene said she left a clue. You need to get your act up. She need you to be strong for her because she does not has the power to.” It is done, Seulgi gets up and prepares to leave, she afraids of she said any longer she might break her promise with Irene.

 

A meek voice came up before she left the door.

 

“Thank you, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi nodded and go out without looking back.

 

 



 

Irene sips the americano as she read the book she has just bought yesterday. The bitter drink is never her type but it was someone’s favourite. She was wondering why it was so quiet today because normally it would have been crowded by this time.

 

The usual red velvet song series has stopped and was changed to a jazzy song which were similar to the halloween night one week before.

 

*background music plays*

 

I love you for sentimental reasons

I hope you do believe me

I'll give you my heart

 

I love you and you alone were meant for me

Please give your loving heart to me

And say we'll never part

 

The song started but it was not the low, masculine voice Irene expected to be. She put down her book and look around the cafe and started to look for the owner who sang the song.

 

When she starts to settle down and listen to the song played, footsteps moved towards her and stopped behind her.

 

On her right knee, Wendy took Irene’s hand and kneeled in front as she sang the remaining verse to the one she loved so much. Irene’s eyes brimmed upon seeing the one she dreamed about everyday who is now in front of her.  

 

I think of you every morning

Dream of you every night

Darling I'm never lonely

Whenever you're in sight

 

I love you for sentimental reasons

I hope you do believe me

I've given you my heart
 

The song ended but the blonde in front seemed like she doesn’t has intention of standing up anytime soon. Irene stared into her eyes and she saw determination and absolute.

 

“You came.”

 

“I will always come back to you.”

 

 

 


Please vote here