oh honey - DubChaeng

no more words left to spare

“Please don't tell me you're just going to stand there.”

Chaeyoung peered down at the dark-haired girl with a cheeky smile, hands perched on her hips, head tilted in observation.

“I don't know,” Chaeyoung started, her smile only growing wider as Dahyun continued to squirm, sinking only further into the snow. “It’s a pretty good view from up here. Besides, I-”

“Told you so, I know.” Dahyun grumbled, her thick winter clothes making her feel twice - no, three, four - times heavier than she usually did. “Just help me out.”

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and gave a dramatic sigh, offering a hand down to her girlfriend. “You’re ridiculous, unnie…”

“Yeah,” Dahyun hummed, smile growing as she clasped her mitten-covered hands around Chaeyoung’s. “But now you are too.”

Chaeyoung let out a very undignified squeal as Dahyun tugged her down, falling onto Dahyun and into the worryingly deep snow. “Dahyun unnie!”

“Yes, that is my name,” Dahyun chirruped, happy to not be the only one stuck in her attempt to make snow angels.

“I hate you.” Chaeyoung glowered down at Dahyun, but still, her heart raced at the sight of her cold-flushed cheeks, the reddened tip of her nose, the vibrant smile on her face.

“No you don't,” Dahyun sing-songed, arms winding snugly around Chaeyoung’s waist.

Chaeyoung released a laboured sigh, breath billowing out before her. “No, I don't.”

She tipped her head back, just to get a better look at Dahyun and the way her dark hair spilled out of her hat and against the stark white snow. She was beautiful, so much so that Chaeyoung felt like her heart might burst from her chest, that not even hours and days spent in front of a canvas could capture the way she looked right then.

“Dahyun,” Chaeyoung murmurs without thought, dropping all politeness and titles and gazing down at the girl beneath her. “I think I love you.”

The bright smile on Dahyun’s face drops, and so does Chaeyoung’s stomach, until she catches the crimson blossoming in her cheeks, the bashful curve of her lips. “I love you too.”

There’s a small pause, and Chaeyoung can't help but hold her breath, still. "Are you going to make me hot chocolate once we get inside?”

“Yes,” Chaeyoung sighed out with a fond smile, starting to get up from her position in Dahyun’s arms, because as much as Dahyun denied it, she knew the cold bothered Dahyun much more than it bothered her.

“With marshmallows?” Dahyun let Chaeyoung maneuver her out of the snow, her hat falling into her eyes once she was upright.

Chaeyoung laughed, fixing Dahyun’s hat and cupping her cheeks. “With marshmallows.”

Dahyun hummed softly, eyes bright in the Winter sunshine. “And kisses?”

Chaeyoung, smile soft and tender for only Dahyun, grinned and tipped forward to kiss her instead.