Crisis

Adagio

Jiyeon stare at her phone’s screen, reading the reply from Hyomin last night over and over again. Her mind is occupied with some prediction of what Hyomin going to tell her and why can’t Hyomin just text her.


While she is busy with her prediction, a text pop up on the screen. She furrow her brows looking at the text. She has been receiving texts from this unknown number starting from past few weeks. Jiyeon thought the person wrongly send the text at first but today the text included her name in it and sound more like a threat over time.


Jiyeon peek at In Na that sit beside her, busy with reading. Today, they are on their way back and choose to use train because it’s been a while since they last been in one.


“Unnie, can you track this number for me?” Jiyeon said, showing the text to In Na.


You can ignore me but don’t regret it later, Jiyeon.


“What is this?” In Na fix her glasses as she read the text.


“I’ve been receiving texts from this person way too frequent now” Jiyeon look back at the text.


“Why don’t you just ask back?”


“I think it’s might be one of my past fling, so I don’t really want to care. Help me to identify her, so I know what is she capable of. I am getting worried now” Jiyeon sighed, reading the text once again.


In Jiyeon’s mind, as long as it’s not that one person, then it’s okay but her gut instinct tell her, it must be that person, who else it can be.


...


Hyomin’s pov


The first step to get into someone life is to walk into it. Now, it is the matter of whether our door is wide open or not.


My first encounter behind Eunjung’s door is peoples around her. I learn that she only got her sister in her life, her parents are no longer around, she never saw her dad all her life and her mom die of cancer when she is still in high school.


Now my turn.


“My life is plain” I told her. “I don’t really talk about this but I actually still have dad but whether he is there or not, it doesn’t make any difference”


“Why?” Eunjung ask. We both sat outside of her house after going back from In Jung’s halmeoni night stall.


“He work overseas and like never going back. To be honest with you, I forgot how he look like” I peek at Eunjung hesitantly and said “Let’s not talk about this”


“Alright if you said so” Eunjung took my hand and intertwined it with hers.


“I only have this one person in my life” I look at Eunjung with expectant look. “I want you to meet her”


“Who?” Eunjung raised her brows, looking back at me.


“What about I introduce you to her tomorrow?” I suggested. It’s important for me if Jiyeon approved Eunjung or not. I don’t know why, I just feel like that.


“I am not really an impressive person” Eunjung pursed her lips. I stunned there for seconds watching her facial expression, that was new and cute.


“She saw you already. Once on the performance and the other day too” I said, facing Eunjung to have a good look of her. “Stay with that” I pointed to her lips and quickly snapped her picture.


“Eyy” Eunjung try to snatched my phone but I quickly hide it.


“You are a cutie” I poke her arm playfully.


“I don’t like that” Eunjung gave disapprove look.


“At least you are not hating on it” I try to argue.


“I hate it”


I feel the need to sulk now. How come Eunjung hate everything? “What is there that you didn’t hate though?”


“You”


With just that, I am blushing hard. So, this is how it feel like to have someone in our life? I look at her and wonder why she didn’t show up in my life earlier.


I then put my head on Eunjung’s shoulder. “Her name is Jiyeon. Please meet her and leave good impression” I grinned, looking up to her.


“What if she doesn’t like me?” Eunjung ask, pursing her lips again. I fixed my eyes on her lips, enjoying the view.


“The chance is high for that” I responded.


“I am not going to get worried over that” Eunjung then said, casting her eyes downwards to look at me. “But I am worried for you”


“Worried for what?” I raised my brows, looking into her eyes.


“Did you always stare at people’s lips like that?”


I chuckled and detached my head from her shoulder. “Of course not”


“I feel not safe for you” Eunjung start to move her head closer to mine.


“I feel safe with you though” I said, avoiding eyes contact.


“Did you?”


I turn to look at her, ignoring my racing heart. It’s now unavoidable to look at her lips. Unknowingly, I touched her lips, as I was wondering how it feel like to touch it.


“I am going to said something really funny” I said, eyes haven’t leave her lips.


“What is it?”


“Shut up and kiss me”


Eunjung chuckles, placing her forehead on mine. “So you are good with words now?”


“I am still better with action” I close the gaps in between our lips the next second after I said that.
 

...


Jiyeon’s pov


In Na’s secretary, Miss Baek passing an envelope to me that afternoon. In Na called me earlier to inform that her secretary will be in charge of tracking the person behind the text.


“Please explain” I instructed, putting aside my works to listen to the secretary.


“Jung Chaeyeon” Miss Baek show a document containing the information of the owner of the contact number. “She is the same person who crashes into the back of your car the other week” She show me the other information related to the accident. I briefly skimmed the documents passed to me.


I furrowed my brows. I know it will be her but never know she is the one behind my accident. “So it was intentional” I whisper under my breath to myself. “Thank you. You may leave now” I bitterly smile to the secretary, allowing her to leave.


I lost on my thought thinking about how dangerous this person can be. Jung Chaeyeon, the daughter of someone who actively involved in black market, the gangster’s leader.


I stumble upon Chaeyeon over two years ago. We are going out for a while and getting involved in personal interest of each other. My tattoo is one of it. I cut off the connection in between us after I know that she has unhealthy background and lifestyle. I didn’t really heard from Chaeyeon though after that. I must be running far enough from her but now that she found me, what did she want? Revenge for leaving her?


I glanced at the wall clock, it’s about time to meet with Hyomin. I know what is going around now. I know who is that someone that Hyomin going to introduce to me properly. It must be Eunjung. Who else it can be?


I grab my purse and phone, walking out from my office. On my way out, my phone buzz flashing the text that drained blood from my face. It was Chaeyeon sending me a picture of Hyomin getting on car.


No! Not her! Damn it!


I quickly dialled Hyomin’s number but no answer. I dialled over and over again but still no answer from her.


Sensing that I can’t reached Hyomin, I enter my car and drive as fast as I can to our meeting place, in case she made it to there.


I dialled In Na’s number on my way. Now, only her can help me. If Chaeyeon is gangster leader’s daughter, then In Na is one level above her. In Na has her own line-up, something close to what Chaeyeon’s dad have, but for good.


“Unnie, help me” My voice trembling. “That person that your secretary tracked for me, please tracked where is she now. I afraid she got Hyomin” Tears start running down my cheek.


“Alright. Don’t panicked. I will get my girls working on it”


I hung up the call and drive faster. I don’t think I can forgive myself if anything bad happened to Hyomin.


...


Eunjung’s pov


I took half day off work to meet with Hyomin’s special someone today. I make sure I look good before leaving my house. This is so not me to care about what others think of me but I guess today I will just make an exception.


So much to my discomfort, I am the first one to show up at our meeting place. Hyomin promised she will come before me though. I peek at my phone and realized it’s been quite a while Hyomin texted me telling that she is on her way.


Feelings unsettle, I dialled on her number. No answer. I was on my way to redial when someone frantically approaching me.


“Hyomin is in danger” My heart feels like stop beating the moment I heard that.


“Who are you?” I ask, grabbing on her collar out of anger. How dare she said something like that to my face?


“I am Jiyeon, Hyomin’s friend” I loosened my grab as I heard she said her name. So, this is Jiyeon.


“Here” She said, tears running down her cheek. “This is the latest I got” Her hand trembling hard showing me a video of Hyomin tied around and guarded by masked guys.


“Aren’t you curious what am I going to do to her? For sure it’s something for you to regret. In case you don’t know how to regret”


The voiced from that video is from a woman. I clenched my fist, not knowing where to start. I took a deep breath to calm myself down, so I can think of something.


I grab the phone, replaying the video and examined the background.


“I think I know this place” I said, quickly leaving to get there.


“I am going with you. Motorbike will be faster” Jiyeon said.


I throw a helmet to her and not waiting any longer, we both goes to there together.


...


I inspect the place cautiously as we both arrived. So, it’s a right place. There are 2 cars parked outside. I am thankful to my job of delivering, it was the reason I often drive passed this abandoned building.


“Are you good with self defence?” I ask, turn to look at Jiyeon. “Because my plan is no plan. I am thinking about to just attack”


“I assure you, that is the last thing you should worried about” Jiyeon looks confident.


“See that two guys on the main entrance” I pointed to two tough guys guarding the entrance. “Silently took them down, then we are good to go in”


“They didn’t look alerted. That’s good” Jiyeon stated.


Yes. They must think that they won’t faced anything like me, that’s why. I signalled Jiyeon to move on opposite direction.


When the two of them back facing us, we both quickly approached, hitting on their weak points as silent as we can and in a split of seconds, those two are down.


“You are quite good” I whisper to Jiyeon.


“I told you” Jiyeon whisper back.


We both then peek to inside, there are another 4 guys guarded inside. We won’t make it if they keep sticking close to each other.


“Well well well what we got here?” A sudden woman voice behind us startled me. I guess we are busted now.


As I turn around to look at the owner of the voice, someone grab me from behind, giving one hard punch to my stomach and throw me near Hyomin. Jiyeon landed close to us right after.


“Are you alright?” I struggle to ask Hyomin. She nodded to me, sending relief to my heart. Tears fall down on her cheek. was tapped, breaking my heart into pieces. I was about to reached for her when a sudden kick landed on me, causing me to grunt in pain on the ground.


“Leave them alone. Just do whatever you want to me!” Jiyeon shouted and struggle to stand facing the woman.


“Then it won’t be fun” The woman walk closer to Jiyeon, touching the line on her face. Jiyeon jerk her face, giving a fierce look.


While the situation get intense, I silently move closer to Hyomin, trying to untie the ropes on her.


“Yes. You are right. I never regret leaving you” Jiyeon’s words seemed to hurt the woman a lot to the point of her shakes with anger asking one of the guys to point a gun at Jiyeon.


“You can’t do it by yourself?” Jiyeon gave provoking look, didn’t show any slight fear.


The woman let out a wail, dropping on her knee. “Kill her” She then give order in between her sobs.


I quickly move to push away Jiyeon as I noticed the guys start to point the gun to Jiyeon once again. I close my eyes as I successfully push Jiyeon, in case I will be the one getting the hit instead.


 A loud bang sound can be heard followed by another bang sound from quite far. I didn’t feel anything as I landed on Jiyeon. I didn’t get shot.


I look around to inspect what happened and all the guys grunt in pain, collapsing on the ground. Behind me, I noticed Hyomin lies unconscious on the ground, bleeding. So she is the one that dodge the bullet for me.


“NO!!!” I shout from to the top of my lungs, checking on Hyomin and quickly identify the guy who is responsible behind it.


I quickly move to him and punch his face like crazy. He was shot on his leg but all that I think of now is ending his life using my own hand.


His face smeared with blood as I punched on him without stopping until someone hold my hand to stop me. I weakly collapse on the ground, glancing at Hyomin that is now carried by Jiyeon to leave the scene. I rose quickly and follow her.


Inside the car on our way to the hospital, I caresses Hyomin’s face, feeling helpless. She is breathing weakly on my arm. I inspect her body earlier and noticed that she got shot on her arm but her head looks like hitting on something as she fall down earlier, her head bleed heavily.


“Unnie, faster!” Jiyeon shouted to the driver.


“I am sorry” Jiyeon break down in front of me.


I reached for her hand to comfort her. “You didn’t ask for all this. Don’t blame yourself”


I think because of Hyomin, I became someone that I never imagined I could be. How can I comfort someone else at the time like this? When it’s me that want to cry my heart out?


It was just last night Hyomin smiling brightly to me, showing her awkward shy action in front of me but today, she is fighting her own life on my arm.


I somehow know she can make it. It just that I can't bear to think how much pain she feels right now.


Hyomin, hang on there. Please.

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

Note : I am sorry if any of you is Jung Chaeyeon's fan.

I want to informed that I will take down the poll from now on. Thank you for voting. All the votes casted was anonymous, so I will just thanked you guys in general.

We are almost reaching the end now. I am sorry if I disappointed any of you with my typical storyline. Anyway, thank you so much for hanging on there with me.