fin.

birthday wishes


“NO! I’m telling you this ball has a mind of its own.” Kyungwon whines as the ball rolled into the gutter for the tenth time causing her to lose the match against Nayoung and Minkyung. Kyungwon plops down on the floor, feeling hopeless. Imagine losing two games on your birthday! She curses herself for not letting Jieqiong tag along. 

“Kang Kyungwon, now you owe both Nayoung and I a wish!” Minkyung reminds the birthday girl as she walks over to pick her up from the dirty floor. 

“But it’s my birthday!” 

“Kyungwon, you lost the bet. Now go get us some ramen. That’s my wish.” Nayoung pats the birthday girl’s back, earning her a glare. 

“Ugh fine! Minkyung, how about you? What’s your wish?” 

“I’ll think about it and tell you later. I need to make good use of this opportunity to get something from you.” Minkyung smirks at Kyungwon as she makes her way to the snack bar. 

“Minkyung, why are you chuckling to yourself? It’s creeping me out.” 

“Nothing much just thinking about what I should make Kyungwon do.” 

Minkyung smiles to herself. She already knows what she wants or rather she hopes to make full use of this opportunity to gain what she wants. 

 


“Birthday girl! Let’s go up to the rooftop!” Kyungwon deadpans at Minkyung. They just came back to the dorm and Kyungwon was exhausted. She didn’t want to move any of her limbs and Minkyung is asking her to leave the dorm again? 

“I don’t want tooooooooo.” Kyungwon pulls the covers over her in hopes that the taller girl would decide to find someone else to go up with but to her dismay, Kim Minkyung is one stubborn mule. 

“It’s about the wish! Come with me or I’ll tell Nayoung about your secret stash of food that you’re hiding from us.” 

That’s enough for Kyungwon to get up and follow the older girl. She should be questioning how Minkyung knows about the stash but then again Minkyung knows everything about her so it’s not surprising. 

The two girls quickly make their way up to the quiet rooftop. There was no fantastic night view where you can see the skyline of Seoul but you could see the vast sky with tiny little stars littering it, if you squint enough. Minkyung walks to the edge of the rooftop with Kyungwon following close behind. 

“So what do you want? It’s so cold out here!” Minkyung turns so she’s now facing Kyungwon. The shorter girl has a grey hoodie on with flushed cheeks, probably because of the cold breeze. Minkyung takes a few seconds to admire the simplicity of the beautiful woman in front of her. 

“You’re not going to make me jump off right........” Minkyung sees the panic in Kyungwon’s eyes and laughs out loud. Sometimes, Minkyung wonders about what goes on in Kyungwon’s head. 

“Nothing of that sort. Wouldn’t want the birthday girl to get hurt right?” Kyungwon heaves a sigh of relief as she walks over to the ledge, next to Minkyung. The two girls face the busy streets, they can hear the honking of cars and people rushing around to get home but as Kyungwon leans her head on Minkyung’s shoulders and link their arms together, all that mattered in that moment was the both of them.

“Do you remember what we promised the first time we came up here?” Minkyung feels Kyungwon nodding against her neck. 

“Of course. We both got eliminated from produce 101 and we promised that no matter what happens, we’ll always have each other’s back. We’ll be each other’s best friend, soulmate. I’ll tell you everything and you’ll tell me everything. Why is something wrong?” Kyungwon glances at Minkyung and starts worrying about the latter. 

“The wish. I want you to do something.” Minkyung turns and faces Kyungwon. Minkyung is terrified that Kyungwon would never be able to see her the same again after her request. Would Kyungwon run away and never talk to her again? Or would she call her disgusting? Nevertheless, she’s going to try because it’s do or die and she doesn’t want to regret anything. 

“Alright what is it?” 

“Kiss me.” Minkyung says in all seriousness while Kyungwon cracks up laughing. 

“Really? That’s it? I could have done it for you downstairs gosh! Okay give me your cheek.” Minkyung is honestly bewildered, she did not expect this reaction at all. 

“No, not the cheek!” 

“Where then? Your forehead? Feet? Hand?” 

“Lips.” 

Kyungwon is stunned. Definitely not in the bad way. She had been harbouring feelings for her best friend for over a year and she could not have been happier to know that her crush felt the same way. 

Their cautious eyes meet and Minkyung can feel her feet threatening to run away from her spot but before any of that could happen, she feels Kyungwon’s lips on hers. Kyungwon’s lips were better than how Minkyung had thought it to be. They were softer than cotton candy and tasted of the kimchi ramen they had earlier, a little weird but Minkyung’s not complaining. 

The two girls broke away, letting their heartbeats fill the silence between them for awhile as they recollect themselves. 

“You have no idea how much I’ve been wanting to do that.” Kyungwon spills as she leaves a small peck on Minkyung’s cheeks. 

“I like you.” 

“I like you too.” 

They share another quick kiss before deciding to head back to the dorm. If they were out any longer, Nayoung would be sending army troops to look for them. 

“Thanks for making my birthday the best one yet.”

“Anything for y-” 

“THERE YOU GUYS ARE. QUIT MAKING OUT AND COME BACK TO THE DORM LOVEBIRDS.” Eunwoo screams at them. 

“CAN’T YOU SEE WE WERE HAVING A MOMENT?” Kyungwon shouts back as the two start bickering. 

Minkyung looks at the two idiots in front of her and smiles, thinking about Kyungwon. It was definitely a happy birthday, even if it wasn’t hers.

 

 

 

 


A/N: sorry for wasting your time omg bye i need to stop writing again

VOTE PRISTIN FOR MAMA !!!!