Her Smile

Her Smile - Jimin

The dim lights in the restaurant and brewery highlighted the bodies that slowly moved passed the tables, turning around and leaning against the bar, Jimin held a small glass between his fingers as his eyes continually scanned the area from left to right then back from right to left. Allowing his eyes to linger at the entrance, the bartender cleared his throat behind Jimin.

“Are you waiting for someone?” The bartender ran his rag across the bar as Jimin looked over his shoulder with a nod. “Someone special?”

“My girlfriend” Jimin couldn’t help but smile as he lifted the drink back up to his lips, with the remaining liquid running past his lips, he set his glass down on the bar top as the bartender filled it.

“This one is on me” The bartender smiled, his eyes lifted slightly seeing a gorgeous young women walk through the entry doors. “I think she is here”

Jimin’s eyes snapped around to the entrance doors as his eyes laid on you. In a beautiful fit and flare dress, a mild sweetheart neckline followed your curves while the thick straps dropped into an open back. The skirt flowed with every stride that you took, hitting a couple inches above your knees. Ebony heeled boots hugged your ankles as you glided across the stained concrete floor.

Watching you walk through the crowd, the bartender leaned on his arms as he let out a soft whistle, “You are one lucky man” The bartender whispered to Jimin

“Thank you, she is something special for sure” Jimin watched you with love filled eyes as he placed his drink back down on the bar top.

His eyes continued to follow you as you passed through the crowd, slowing your pace, you turned to a group of four sitting in a booth while they were waiting for their entrees. Watching you while you talked with them, their work worn faces were dripping with exhaustion before you began to talk with them. Lines of worry contoured their face before smiles slowly started to melt onto their lips as laughter spread from that table, filling the restaurant with a bubbly, new light for life vibe.

Jimin watched you intently as a feeling began to grow in the pit of his stomach, one of incompetence to do what you are doing just now. Making others genuinely smile with a simple conversation. Spreading your smile to infect others, in turn, sharing their smiles with others too. Knowing that he does it in his own way, it didn’t seem to compare to how you make others smile. A small green monster began to grow inside of him as he tried to suppress the monster of jealousy within him.

A few minutes passed before you bid the table goodbye and continued with your search for Jimin. A few more friends stopped you at their table as you worked your magic with spreading smiles all across the table. Lifting your eyes up from the conversation, you finally saw Jimin watching you lovingly. Flashing a bright smile towards him, you excused yourself from the conversation as you headed straight for Jimin.

Jimin slid from the bar stool as he greeted you with open arms. Entering into his embrace, you held him tightly as your hands spread across the blazer that he wore. His arms wrapped around you and his touch brushed across your open back.

“Someone looks beautiful tonight” Jimin whispered softly against your ear as he pulled away and gave you a loving kiss on your cheek.

Pulling away you looked up into his eyes as blush filled your cheeks. “And that someone would be you” You giggled as the two of you pulled away.

Jimin helped you onto the bar stool before he sat down right beside you, placing your purse on the bar top, he called over the bartender, you ordered your favorite drink as the two of you began to converse, talking about your day and week that you just had.

Drinks were sipped, emptied and refilled as the customers around you came and gone. Time seemed to slip through your fingers as the smiles, laughter and words were exchanged over and over again.

Workers began to grab rags and clean each of the tables as the final few occupied tables slowly emptied. Jimin slid some cash across the bar to the bartender paying for the drinks that the two of you consumed. Thanking the bartender, Jimin slid from his stool as you lifted your purse strap up onto your shoulder. Peeling his blazer from his light blue button up beneath, he offered you a hand as you slid from the bar stool and balanced on your heels once again.

Wrapping his jacket around your shoulders trying to cover any exposed skin that he could from the nightly cold air. Your hand slipped into his as your other hand wrapped around the same arm while your head rested on his shoulder. Exiting the restaurant and bar, the air stripped your exposed skin from any warmth that it held. Tree branches clashed with one another as the two of you slowly began to walk home with the wind storm that was brewing. Gusts of air raced through the gaps between the buildings, pushing you off balance as you moved into Jimin a time or two.

Entering your neighborhood, the two of you stepped inside the covered stairwell before climbing up a couple flights of stairs to reach your front door. Pulling the keys outside of your purse, you slipped the right key into the lock as you twisted the handle and opened your home to you and Jimin. Flicking on the pendent lights in the kitchen, the soft light beckoned you to come in further.

“Would you like to watch a movie or play some games?” You questioned while leaning against the back of your couch as you attempted to take off your shoes one by one.

“A movie sounds wonderful” Jimin slipped off his shoes to match as you set your heeled boots next to the couch.

“You can choose a movie, I’ll be right back” You smile as your hands reach up and untangle your hair from the bobby pins that you used to pull all of your hair over one shoulder for the evening.

“Take your time” Jimin called back, his eyes following you as you made your way back to your bedroom.

“I don’t know how she does it…” He whispered to himself before he went to look at the selection of movies that you had.

“Did you find any movie that you wanna watch?” You questioned, returning back into the living room with a stack of clothes in your hand.

“I found a couple but wanted to know which one you wanted to watch too” Jimin turned around seeing you in baggy sweat pants and a tighter t shirt that fit you perfectly.

“You left some clothes here the other weekend if you wanted to change into them” You offered, holding out the stack of clothes resting on your hand.

“Thank you, you’re so thoughtful” Jimin smiled as he padded over to you, pressing a sweet kiss on your forehead while one of his hands cradled your cheek. Exchanging the movie pile to the clothes, he recalled where your bathroom was and made his exit.

Settling yourself on the couch, you thumbed through the movies that Jimin had chosen, deciding on one, you waited for him to return. Hearing the bathroom door open a few minutes later, Jimin stepped out in shorts and a comfy long sleeved shirt. Placing his clothes on the countertop, he shuffled over to the couch.

“Which one are we gonna watch?” He wrapped his arms around your shoulders from behind the whole couch, his body hanging over the edge.

“This one!” You smiled, holding it up, he happily grasped the movie and inserted the DVD into the player. Turning off all of the lights, he settled down next to you, grabbing a blanket on his way.

Sitting on the far end of the couch, you curled up against his side, your arms wrapping around his torso while your head rested on his chest. Laying the blanket over both you and him, he kissed the top of your head as he played the movie. Glancing down at you from time to time, he felt your body continually relax the longer you stayed in his arms. His eyes admired your moonlit body, all cuddled up against him underneath a blanket. Trying not to make any sudden movements, he leaned down and rested his head against yours, taking in your sweet scent that was so comforting to him.

“I don’t know how she does it… she can make anyone and everyone smile, and all I can do is make her smile when she brings so much more to others…” Jimin wondered in a soft low whisper.

“I love it when you make me smile though,” Your soft sleepy voice filled the space as you drifted between awake and asleep, “you’re always the source of my smile…”

Seeing your sleepy smile fall on your lips, in that moment he couldn’t be happier to make an angel like you smile. Knowing that your beautiful smile gets passed from person to person and no one can make her smile just like Jimin can.