I love Joohyun-unnie

Which Joohyun was it?

A/N: Hello readers, this is a oneshot featuring two of my utmost favorite ships. Seulrene and Yoonhyun, I did this basically as Irene and Seohyun have the same actual name and this turned out. Please enjoy.

 

Everyone knows the two Joohyun’s on campus. Bae Joohyun, nicknamed goddess Bae for her unreal beauty who is also quiet and shy unless she’s with people that she knows well. And Seo Juhyun who is known for her student council member status, A+, beautiful and graceful, and environmentally friendly. No one ever mistakes them, as most people refer to Seo Juhyun as Seohyun as a nickname. Also, most people automatically know which Joohyun they are actually talking about when either of them come up in conversations.

 

There is something big going on that many people are confused about. Word is that resident girl crush, charismatic bear-like girl Kang Seulgi loves Joohyun, only which Joohyun. Said, gorgeous bear was sitting with her friends Son Seungwan, Park Joy, Kim Yeri and Bae Joohyun, whom she has known for many years. They are all eating and talking, everyone except for Seulgi who is writing a letter. She is so focused on her letter that it makes everyone wondering what she’s doing.

 

“Seul, are you okay?” Seungwan, the shortest brunette asks.

 

“Yes.” She smiles, then focuses back on her letter.

 

“What’re you writing unnie?” Yeri, the youngest blonde asks curiously.

 

“A letter.” Seulgi answers with blushing cheeks.

 

“Ooh, a letter.” Joy, the dark-haired tallest smiles. “What kind of letter unnie?”

 

“And for who gomdori.”

 

Bae Joohyun, the eldest brown-haired girl looks curious now. She has only had feelings for Seulgi since HS. Said, y, monolid girl doesn’t realize it though.

 

“I’m writing a letter for Juhyun-unnie.”

 

That’s when everyone looks confused. Joohyun on the other hand hides her blushing cheeks. Seulgi is so sweet trying to writer her a love letter, only why is she doing it here. Shouldn’t she be writing it alone and giving it to her later on.

 

“Um, unnie.” Yeri starts. “Shouldn’t you write your confession to Joohyun-unnie later?”

 

“Yeah.” Joy nods. “I mean, it’s sweet and all but she’s right here.”

 

Everyone notices that Seulgi is not listening so Seungwan nudges her. “Seul,”

 

“Oh.” The dark-haired girl looks up, holding her letter. “This isn’t for our Joohyun-unnie.”

 

“What?” All of them are surprised, and Joohyun’s smile fades right away. It’s not for her?

 

“Wait, are you saying?”

 

“It’s for Seo Juhyun-unnie.” Seulgi answers, dreamily.

 

“What?” Now everyone is really confused. They all assumed if she loves any Joohyun it would be Bae Joohyun. They’ve been around each other the longest, and people all already assume they are together anyway.

 

“Seul, what?” Seungwan blinks.

 

“Yes. I’m even writing it on eco friendly paper too. I’m so nervous to give this to her.”

 

The maknaes exchange looks. This has to be the most shocking news of all time. Joohyun just looks like her soul has left her body. How can this be possible? Her Seulgi, likes the other Juhyun, it’s too much for her to handle.

 

“Seulgi-unnie, you’re joking right? I mean Seohyun-unnie is so pretty, but don’t you love our Joohyun-unnie?”

 

Seulgi blinks curiously at the question Joy asks. The oldest just watches her, waiting for her reaction. Maybe Seulgi will admit that she is kidding after all. Only before she can answer Seo Juhyun is walking by fast, no doubt late for some club related thing. She has a huge stack of books too, and ends up dropping some. Seulgi hurries to help her.

 

“Juhyun-unnie, hi.” She smiles, with eyes disappearing. Joohyun frowns because she only wants for Seulgi to be smiling at her like that.

 

“Oh, hi Seulgi-yah.” She smiles back. “Thank you for helping me.”

 

“Of course unnie. Um, have a good day.”

 

“Thank you, I’ll see you later on at music club, alright.” She hurries off to wherever she has to go.

 

“Yeah, um..okay bye unnie.” Seulgi waves, looking all lovesick.

 

Her friends all hurry over to her. “Yah, unnie snap out of it.”

 

“She’s so pretty.”

 

And that definitely really hurts Joohyun to hear. Seulgi used to always tell her she was pretty. Also, why hadn’t she seen this coming. She’s known Seulgi for years. Joohyun feels as if she should have seen signs.

 

“Um, Seulgi-unnie, are you serious about Seo Juhyun-unnie?”

 

“Yes!” The monolid girl nods. “I’m as serious as original flavored pringles.”

 

Yeri, Joy, and Seungwan all gasp out loud. It is so serious then, if Seulgi is making such a promise.

 

“Oooh, this is so serious then.” Joy nods.

 

“Um, Seulgi-yah.” Joohyun says cutely, hurrying to lock arms with her. “Seo Juhyun has Yoona-unnie remember?”
 

Oh, yeah everyone knows about the notorious prankster theater major Im Yoona and Seohyun’s relationship. They’ve only been dating forever and are apart of the golden trio couple, along with Jung Jessica and her longtime girlfriend Hwang Tiffany, and Choi Sooyoung and her girlfriend Kwon Yuri.

 

“Oh, that’s true. You’re not going to try to break them up are you?” Seungwan wonders.

 

Seulgi looks thoughtful. “I like Yoona-unnie, but I will surely win over Juhyun-unnie, oh my letter.” She hurries back to retrieve her letter.

 

“What the hell is happening?” Joy screams, confused.

 

“I’m scared.” Yeri admits. “Seulgi-unnie, will become a homewrecker. Oh, sorry Joohyun-unnie.” Yeri tells the oldest. They know for sure Joohyun isn’t okay about any of this, as she loves Kang Seulgi.

 

“I...I don’t even believe this.” Joohyun whispers.

 

Seulgi then runs passed them all suddenly. “Yah, Seul where are you going?”

 

“I’m going to talk to Jessica-unnie or Tiffany-unnie. They know Seohyun-unnie best, maybe they can give me some advice.”

 

No one knows what to say anymore. Bae Joohyun, hopes to god this is all some sort of joke.


 

It is not a joke as the next day Seulgi has her guitar with her, and makes a huge announcement in the cafeteria.

 

“Hi, everyone.” She smiles cheerfully. “I wanted to sing a song that I personally wrote for Juhyun-unnie.”

 

“For Bae Joohyun?” Student council president Kim Taeyeon asks. Because, everyone assumes that Kang Seulgi loves Bae Joohyun. And no one would believe otherwise.

 

“No, not for our Joohyun-unnie. It’s for Seo Juhyun-unnie.”

 

The whole cafeteria goes silent at that announcement. Seo Juhyun looks more shocked than anyone has ever seen the studious girl. Im Yoona though, sits besides her looking very pissed off.

 

“Um, Seulgi-yah, maybe you shouldn’t do this here.” Joohyun warns with hand on her shoulder.

 

“But I have to confess my feelings for Juhyun-unnie. If I don’t then how will she know.”

 

“Idiot!” Joy breathes out. Now, everyone freaking knows, including Im Yoona who definitely looks like she wants to murder Seulgi. No matter what Joohyun can’t let her silly bear get hurt in this.

 

“Seulgi-yah!” Hwang Tiffany shouts, waking up her sleeping girlfriend Jung Jessica. “You have feelings for our Seohyunnie?”

 

“What!” Choi Sooyoung drops her food right away. Kwon Yuri besides her spits out her drink.

 

“Don’t you love Bae Joohyun?” Lee Sunny, the treasurer of the student council questions.

 

“What in the hell is happening?” Kim Hyoyeon puts her “water” down.

 

“What happened?” Jessica, asks sleepily.

 

Tiffany turns to her girlfriend. “Aigoo, baby Seulgi-yah is confessing to Juhyun.”

 

“So,” Jessica yawns. “Doesn’t she love her already?”

 

“No Sica, our Seohyunnie.” Taeyeon tells her. And Jessica looks stunned, and no longer asleep.

 

“What, for our Seobaby?”

 

“Yes.” Seulgi nods. “I love Juhyun-unnie.”

 

And of course Bae Joohyun feels her heart crack at that. Seulgi turns to her. “Here unnie hold this.” She hands over her guitar to the brunette.

 

“What?” Joohyun whispers hurt. Seulgi is now making her way for Seohyun who still looks stunned.

 

“Juhyun-unnie I……” Only Yoona is already up and pushing Seulgi away from even getting anywhere near her girlfriend.

 

“Back away from my girlfriend right now gomdori-ah.”
 

“Yoong, stop it. She’s just a kid, you don’t have to be violent.”

 

Yoona looks back, upset. “She’s a kid, who’s confessing that she loves you. Yah, Seulgi what is your problem?” She taps her hard in the shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry Yoona-unnie. But I am going to take Juhyun-unnie away from you.”

 

The entire cafeteria can’t even deal with what is happening now. Kang Seulgi, nice, respectful to everyone is telling Yoona she will steal her girl. Yoona is way passed the point of looking like she will murder her.

 

“Yah, come on. Let’s settle this outside.” She begins dragging Seulgi along.
 

“Yoong, stop it right now.” Seohyun tells her girlfriend. This is way out of hand, and there is no need for violence. Joohyun also can’t allow for Seulgi to get hurt.

 

“Yoona-unnie, please don’t fight with Seulgi. She’s not really going to try to steal your girlfriend.”

“Joohyun-ah, you need to stay out of this. It’s between me and her.” Yoona tells her.

 

“Yoong, seriously let Seulgi go, and come with me right now.” Seohyun, pulls her angry girlfriend along and mouths apology to them. Joohyun, cups Seulgi’s face in her hands. Yoona looked like she pushed her hard. She knows that Seulgi isn’t some weakling that can’t hold her own, but she definitely doesn’t want her to get hurt.

 

“Seul, are you okay?”

 

“Hm, yep.” She nods, with eyes forming crescents. “I’m more than fine.”

 

“Oh, good. I was worried.” Joohyun smiles at the dark-haired girl she loves. Maybe now she will let go of this Seo Juhyun thing.

 

“Yes, this is great! Now Juhyun-unnie knows exactly how I feel.”

 

“Oh, my god idiot!” Seungwan sighs.

 

“Seulgi-unnie, she has a girlfriend!”

 

“What is happening?” Jessica asks, with eyes half closed. Tiffany just rubs her back.

 

“Baby, just sleep. Seulgi-unnie loves Juhyun-ah.”

 

“Oh,” Jessica yawns. “I thought she did already.”

 

Seulgi isn’t paying attention though, just looking so zoned out and lovesick. Joohyun let’s out a sigh.

 

“But I’m the one who loves you Seulgi-yah.”

 

After the cafeteria fiasco Bae Joohyun can’t deal with how everyone basically starts to accept Seulgi’s confession for Seo Juhyun. They even start to think of potential ship names for them

 

“I like Seulgi and Seohyun-unnie. How about Hyungi or SeoSeul?”

 

“What is wrong with everyone? Yoona-unnie dates Juhyun.” Joohyun says exasperated. It’s like they all forgot that. She has to get to the bottom of this, and find out what is really going on here. The following morning she comes over to Seulgi’s apartment. They each have keys to the other’s place as they have the longest friendship and bond that is different from everyone else's. She makes her breakfast, something she has done many times before.

 

When Seulgi finally emerges from her bedroom, all cute and sleepy-eyed. It makes the brunette’s heart swell. She loves this girl so much.

 

“Hi, Seul good morning.”

 

“Hi, unnie.” She smiles, sleepily. “Did you make all of this?”

 

“Yes, I thought you’d be hungry, sit okay and let’s talk.”

 

She figures that over food Seulgi will be able to tell her more, and then she can understand what’s going on.

 

“Seulgi-yah.” She starts, while clinging onto her arm. “Do you really have feelings for Seohyun?”

 

“Unnie, you came over to ask me about Juhyun-unnie?”

 

“Well, to make you breakfast too. But, I don’t understand why you haven’t told any of us this before. Why didn’t you tell me that you liked her before?”

 

“Well, Juhyun-unnie has Yoona-unnie, and I wanted to respect it. But I also like her a lot. You know what it’s like to really like someone right?”

 

“Yes,” The brunette nods. “I do.” The shorter girl sighs sadly, why does it feel like she’s losing Seulgi before even having her. Well, she can’t stand for whatever this is. She’ll get her bear.


 

The next day at school she brings a lunchbox and also Seulgi’s favorite pringles with her. She will definitely confess to her today.

 

“Unnie, what’s that for?” Yeri questions.

 

“I’m going to confess to Seulgi.”

 

“You are?” Seungwan blinks. “Wow, I never thought that you would unnie.”

 

“I need to. I love her and she’s gone crazy or something claiming that she loves Seo Juhyun, when she is supposed to be with me.”

 

“Uh, unnie…” They point because there is a loud scene of what looks like Yoona and Seohyun arguing. It’s weird to see because they are not a couple that would argue like this in public.

 

“Yoong, you’re being very immature and honestly ridiculous right now. Why are we even having this fight again?”

 

“Hyunnie, I don’t want to fight either. But, you aren’t even trying to see my point here.”

 

Of course everyone is watching to see what will happen to Yoonhyun.

 

“Yoong. She’s a very nice kid, and you shouldn't go around picking fights.”

 

Oh, god now they hope Seulgi isn’t hurt somewhere. Because, Yoona may be lanky but she is also very strong.

 

“She shouldn’t be trying to make moves on you when you’re my girlfriend.”

 

Seohyun sighs, rubbing her temple. “Yoong I am really so tired of this.”

 

“Tired? What are you so tired of, me?”

 

When Seohyun doesn’t answer that says a lot. “Fine, then if you’re so tired then I’m done.” She raises her arms up. “Fine, Hyun go and date the kid see if I care.” Yoona storms off, leaving everyone stunned.

 

“No!” Joy cries out. “Not my ship! Juhyun-unnie did that really just happen.” She hurries over to Seohyun.

 

“Yea, unnie.” Yeri runs over too. “You and Yoona-unnie can’t break up. What happened to being part of the golden couple squad. You and Yoona-unnie, Jeti, and Soori! All of my main ships.”’

 

Seohyun just gives the two younger kids soft smiles. “You two, don’t worry. Yoona and I have already been having issues prior to Seulgi-yah’s, um confession.”

 

“We still can’t even believe our Seul did that.” Seungwan admits.

 

“What happens now, are you going to accept Seulgi’s confession?” Joohyun can’t help but to ask.

 

“Um, excuse me Joohyun, but my girlfriend just broke up with me. I don’t think I’m going to just go dating again suddenly.”

 

That makes the brunette feel bad of course. Seohyun isn’t just going to start dating right this second.

 

“Now. I need to go because I have meetings, and music club to attend. Have a good day.”


 

However, word of Yoona and Seohyun’s breakup spreads like wildfire, and it’s all anyone can talk about. And Joohyun can’t find Seulgi anywhere. She’s not at dance club, art club or sleeping under the trees like she has been caught before. When they all sit to have lunch together, Seulgi is still missing. And Joohyun is worried so she keeps texting to see if she’s okay.

 

“Unnie, don’t worry. I’m sure that Seulgi-unnie is fine.”

 

“She’s probably excited about Yoona-unnie and Seohyun-unnie breaking up.” Joy mentions.

 

“Joy, not the right thing to say.” Seungwan tells her.

 

“What, I’m devastated about Yoonhyun too and all, but I think it could work. I’ll ship SeulSeo.”

 

“Yah! I thought that you wanted me to be with Seulgi.” Joohyun shouts angrily.

 

“Oh, unnie that was definitely last week. I’m jumping ship.”

 

“You traitor.”

 

However, before Joohyun can hit Joy they all look to see Seulgi has a giant basket full of sweet potatoes and a huge keroro doll.

 

“Seul, what the hell is all this!” Seungwan asks.

 

“Yea, that’s a lot of sweet potatoes, even for you to eat.” Yeri agrees.

 

“They are not for me. They are for Juhyun-unnie because she loves sweet potatoes. And I heard that Yoona-unnie broke up with her.”

 

“Seul, wait can we please talk first?” Joohyun asks, hopefully.

 

Only Seulgi spots the student council member rushing out the building looking like she was about to cry. “Unnie, we can talk, just give me a minute.”

 

“Unnie!” Seulgi hurries over, with the basket. “Are you okay?”

 

“Oh, Seulgi-yah. Hi, yes I’ll be fine.”

 

“You don’t look fine.”

 

“I am.” Seohyun nods. “Thank you for your concern.”

 

“You know what, Yoona-unnie is so stupid for breaking up with you. If you were mine I would treat you like a queen. Date me! I can make you happy.”

 

“Seulgi-yah, I….”

 

“Here, these are for you. Sweet potatoes and your favorite Keroro.”

 

Seohyun smiles, and Joohyun really can’t take this.

 

“Seulgi-yah, you’re very very sweet.” She then accepts the sweet potatoes and doll.

 

“So, you’ll go out with me.”

 

“No.” Joohyun thinks. She can’t allow for her Seulgi to be with Seo Juhyun, when she is the only Joohyun the monolid girl should be with it.

 

“You are very sweet and cute.” Seohyun teases, while pinching her cheeks. “So, I…”

 

“No!!!” Joohyun screams out, now hurrying over to them.

 

“Unnie?” Seulgi blinks.

 

“I can’t. I can’t let this happen. Juhyun, I understand the appeal of Seul. she’s cute, sweet, and y but I can’t let you take her from me.”

 

“Oh, and why is that?” Seohyun asks.

 

“Because I love her so much, and I can’t lose her to anyone. Not even someone that has my name too.”

 

Seohyun and Seulgi look at her for a few moments and then exchange looks. They also highfive.

 

“Yes, it worked.” Seulgi says. “Good job unnie.”

 

“You as well Seulgi-yah.” Seohyun nods.

 

“Wait, what?” Joohyun blinks.

 

“What is actually happening? Didn’t you break up with Yoona-unnie?” Joy wonders.

 

Seohyun shakes her head. “No, I didn’t. In fact Yoong is nearby, come out baby.” And moments later Yoona emerges from behind some trees. She immediately hurries to Seohyun.

 

“Of course she didn’t. My Seohyunnie loves me too much, we faked everything from Seulgi-yah and I arguing to the confessions. This was all a very elaborate scheme to get Joohyun-ah to confess to our bear.” Yoona explains.

 

“Say, what?” Joohyun’s eyes are wide in shock. This was all some sort of prank.

 

“Wow, it’s so diabolical, so unlike you Seulgi-unnie.” Yeri admits in surprise.

 

“Well, I just wanted to know if Joohyun-unnie cared about me. So, I asked Yoona-unnie and Seohyun-unnie for help.”

 

“We can’t even believe this was all a prank. You two really looked like you were going to fight, and the breakup looked so real.” Seungwan also can’t really believe it.

 

“So very brilliant.” Joy nods. “I need to learn for you unnies.” She tells both Yoona and Seohyun. “I believed everything.”

 

“Well, I’m not a theater major for no reason.” Yoona tells them all.


 

Joohyun though is just staring at Seulgi in shock. How could she do all of this to make her confess? It’s definitely not like the monolid girl at all. She definitely had help from her unnies.

 

“Seul, how could you do this to me? I was really hurt.”

 

“I’m sorry Joohyun-unnie.” Seulgi says sincerely. “I didn’t mean to make you feel bad. I didn’t even buy all these sweet potatoes, it was actually from Yoona-unnie.”

 

Seohyun smiles warmly at her girlfriend. “Oh, sweetie, that’s so nice. I love you.” She kisses Yoona who smiles, and turns red.

 

“Of course babe, anything for you, you know that.”

 

“You didn’t need to go through all of this Seul. Of course I love you.” Joohyun tells her.

 

“You do?”

 

“Yes.” She nods, hugging her. “Of course I really love you.” She tells her again.

 

“Well, I love you too Bae Joohyun.”

 

“Awww…..” All of their friends chorus together at the adorable sight.

 

“Yah, Jessica-unnie, Fany-unnie guess what?” Joy shouts out, when she sees the couple nearby.

 

“What’s going on?” Tiffany asks, dragging a half asleep Jessica with her.

 

“Seulgi-unnie actually loves Bae Joohyun-unnie.”

 

“Well, didn’t she always?” Jessica deadpans, and that makes everyone laugh.

 

“Come with me.” Joohyun pulls Seulgi along with her. “We need to talk.”

 

“Oh, okay. Thanks again unnies.”

 

“Of course gomdori-ah, and never, ever flirt with my Seohyunnie again, or else.” Yoona mock threatens.

 

“Oh my ships.” Joy cries happily. “They are all still in tact.”

 

“Seulgi-unnie and Joohyun-unnie are finally going to be together.” Yeri adds in just as happily.

 

“Finally.” Seungwan sighs. “I hoped this would eventually happen for them.”

 

“Seriously though, amazing prank.”

 

“Thank you, thank you.” Yoona bows, earning a slight frown for Seohyun.

 

“Yoong, you should be more happy that Seulgi-yah will be with Joohyun now. And that the plans didn’t backfire.”

 

“Oh, I am baby. But I can’t help if I’m also the prank queen.”

 

Seohyun just smiles softly at her silly Yoong, she really loves her a lot and is also very happy for Seulgi and Joohyun.


 

For Bae Joohyun she wants to be so pissed at Seulgi for putting her through all of this. Yet, when she sees that adorable face of the girl she loves she can’t be upset.

 

“Seul, I can’t even believe you did this for real. Do you have any idea how jealous and hurt I was, hm?”

 

“I’m sorry.” The monolid girl smiles. “I just wanted to know, it sure took you a long time to confess. I thought that I was going to have to kiss Seohyun-unnie for a moment.”

 

That’s when the smaller brunette grabs her. “No, the only you’ll be kissing is me.” She pulls her in for an immediate kiss. A kiss that Seulgi happily returns.

 

“Wow, Hyunnie…” She whispers when they break away for air.

 

“Mm, now which is the Joohyun you actually love?”

 

“I love you, Bae Joohyun, the only Joohyun for me.” She assures with more kisses. And that solved the mystery of which Joohyun, Kang Seulgi loves, it could only be the Bae.


 

A/N: Hope you liked this readers. I had a lot of fun writing this, I could barely keep a straight face through all of it. Thanks for reading.