-9-

Always here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Time was racing by and before I was fully aware, I found myself sitting at our assigned table waiting for the remaining part of my family to arrive. Like an obedient dog I remained seated while keeping a straight posture. Sometimes throwing one of my many phony smiles at people who greeted us. Giving the impression that I was enjoying the event. When truthfully deep inside I was dying and yearning to simply escape the whole celebration everyone was looking forward to.

"Hello. You guys are early."

I was pulled out of my train of thoughts when I recognized the voices of the missing fraction that were none other than Jina and Jungguk. Hearing the squeaking noise of the chair by my side I turned my head to see who would be my seat neighbor for the night.

"You look beautiful today."

"Thank you. You look handsome as well."

Like in a typically drama it was obviously no one else but Jungguk who sophisticatedly claimed the chair. The man I had harbored an unrequited love for way too long.

Listening to my heart, I wasn't really surprised by the fact that it remained calm and continued its ordinary beat. Now Jungguk’s compliment was only able to flatter me but not able to lift me on cloud nine. For the sole reason that deep down, I was longing for another man who flawlessly stole my scarred heart to tell me these words. Whose merely smile could brighten up my day to an extent that even the sun could hide in shame.

Joining the small conversation due to not wanting to appear rude was slightly difficult. As first of all I wasn’t in the mood to converse with anyone nor was my mind in the right state to do. It was currently occupied by a specific male and scolding me in every imaginable way. Only halting the second the host of the party asked for everyone's attention.

The chattering that filled the grand hall quietened down and I found myself being smoothly dragged back to the reality that I despised. Like everyone else I involuntarily forced my eyes to fixate on the stage to follow the event.

Detecting an older man whose lips were moving, but due to the fact that my complete attention rested on the male standing beside a beautiful Chinese woman, his words weren’t able to reach me.

"Now enough talking from me. I will now hand over the microphone to the young man who initiated this party."

Like a hawk I observed how the host stepped to the side, gladly allowing Taehyung to take over his position. Beholding the smile he presented the older man was like a drug that I was desperately seeking for. Have being deprived from its daily potion my heart seemed to get revived the second it was able to feel the comfort of the smile.

I witnessed how Taehyung’s eyes moved from right to left like he was searching for someone. His action was halted when his brown orbs locked with my own ones. Immediately freezing me and stealing my breath for a short second. I wasn’t able to escape our secret connection and truthfully admitting, I didn’t want to. I was entrapped in a world where seemingly only Taehyung and I existed. A dimension which successfully blocked out every noise that was circulating through the room.

"I want to thank everyone for attending our engagement party."

I could feel the sutures which were closing the wounds around my heart unwinding. Allowing a wave of anguish to swallow the organ and leaving it in a life-threatening stage. Due to the fact that now I was aware that once more it wouldn’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter