chapter 7

Halloween ever after

"Save. Me" Dean whispered to me. It was dark, it was cold, she and I were cuddled under a blanket and she was in need of saving. It should be mentioned that prior to her rolling across the floor and kicking poor big brother Fanfan out from his spot where he'd been cuddling me, I had been in a state of near explosion of ovaries. Like I was sure my ovaries were just going to combust. Because see, I wasn't like Dean- who in moments of fear was able to employ the flight response. I, no I, I neither flew nor fought. My body often chose to just freeze. Not conducive to self preservation at all. But there you have it. So when Yifan had grabbed a blanket and thrown it over he and I, then curled one arm over my middle and pulled me into his body, whispering against my ears a most dangerous " it's cold, you're warm", my heart had started beating many miles a minute, my breath had gotten lost somewhere in my chest, and I had just.... well... frozen. Granted I was frozen in absolute pure bliss, but frozen is frozen. Dean on the other hand, she would just flee. And if that meant that she squealed in distress as she did so, rolling across the floor all the way to me and big brother fanfan. Whereupon, as I mentioned earlier, she had squished herself between myself and Big brother Fanfan, ignoring his amused chuckles even as he held the blanket closer just to mess with her. She'd eventually succeeded in kicking him out of and replacing him, then proceeded to look up at me with the most pitiful of eyes and whispered, " Save. Me"

" What's wrong?" I whispered back as I curled my arm around her and cuddled her. Her face immediately sought the comforting warmth of my s and she nuzzled them.

" My ovaries are on fire," she mumbled into my s. I'm pretty sure I was the only one that heard her. 

" Want some water?" I asked. Because I was stupid like that.Dean giggled and looked up at me.

" You're an idiot," she smiled, " but it's why I love you."

" I love you too," I whispered back.

She put her face back in my s and just nuzzled them for a while. I was so used to this that I really didn't even think anything of it. I just let her do it, and rubbed the back of her head, til eventually she was snoring softly into my s. Five minutes later and I was snoring with her.

Were I still awake I would have heard Mark sigh, and then say " that is seriously the most adorable thing I have ever seen."

To which Jackson then retorted sleepily" I think you mean the hottest,".

" I was trying to be family friendly," Mark sighed, " there are childred here."

" The children are completely asleep in the wonderfully protective arms of Fanfan," Kyungsoo offered, " you can speak in grown up terms."

" In that case," Chanyeol said, " then I agree with Mark, that has to be the cutest thing ever."

" Hottest," Jinyoung argued.

" Cutest," Jaebum said.

" Hottest" Minseok offered.

Then they all turned to Luhan, who turned to Teddy, who chuckled and said, " you have my permission."

" Cutest then," Luhan offered. Then they all turned to Big brother Fanfan, and waited for his input. He rolled his eyes and muttered, under his breath, 

" Hottest, Maybe. But also the cutest. I'm undecided. Sorry." he shrugged.

" Well that doesn't help at all now does it?" Mark sighed, " Lilee what say you?"

Lilee blinked and said very intelligently, " uuuuuhhhhh? I hadn't thought about it?"

" Ok well what if it was like Jackson and Jaebum. Like Jackson nuzzling Jaebums chest for dear life, only to fall asleep in those manly pecs Jaebum has, and then Jaebum falls asleep with his chin on top of Jacksons head?" Kyungsoo offered.

" Then I'd have to say the cutest," Lilee laughed softly.

" Hottest," Teddy sighed.

" Stalemate once again," Chanyeol sighed.

They all sighed in unison, which had I been awake to witness would have been rather amusing. But I was asleep, so I witnessed none of it.

And as we were sleeping in that cold basement, doing our best to stay warm and unafraid, our adults were gearing up to come get us.

Papa Yixing and Junma had already made their plans and because they were so well loved amongst their peers and colleagues, Papa Yixings assistant Baekhyun, Junma's secretary Jongdae and Sam were all ready to go. The public relations officer for the supernatural defence task force was trying to get Commander Bambam to agree to let him go into the field.

" Boss. I am begging you. Let me go," Lieutenant Tao said, " I am literally begging."

" No," Commander Bambam replied, " I need you here. And Sam, dammit, you know I need you here as well."

" This is my sisters we're talking about!" Sam growled at her commander, " like hell I'm going to just sit here with stupid old men who wouldn't know a donkeys from it's face,  while they'reout there in danger!"

Commander Bambam sighed and rubbed his temples. 

"Fine," he growled, " you stay, I'll go."

" No, I'm not going to..... wait what?" Sam asked, dumbfounded.

" I said you stay, and I'll go. I'm not as necessary here as you are, because sweet candy help us, we need someone that knows what their talking about to be here and protect the people from those old fools. I don't know as much about demon hunting to keep the masses safe, but you do. On the other hand, I know enough to go get your sisters. I'll be with Yixing and Jun, so I'll be fine." Commander Bambam said.

" You can't," Sam growled, " you're the fricking commander!! You can't just... go!!!"

" Yes I can, and I am. You and Tao are both staying because Tao, sweet candy help us, I need someone to be giving the people actual information and you're the only one I can trust to do that. End of discussion."

Sam growled, clearly frustrated, then snapped, " why!! why would you even go!!?"

Commander Bambam cocked his head to the side and regarded her curiously for a few seconds, then shrugged and grabbed her collar pulling her in and kissed her passionately.

Sam blinked up at him when he let her go. Blinked up at him then her lips.He groaned, " I really wish you hadn't done that," and then immediately pulled her in for another kiss.

Sam wasn't sure how long they'd been kissing, but she knew it had to be a while because she completely forgot about Tao's presence in the room.

" So... y'all are just gonna get it on like i'm not even in the room?" Tao asked after a few...whatever unit of time it had been since they'd started kissing.

Sam squealed and pushed her commander away, and her commander levelled the most annoyed of looks in Tao's direction. 

" You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. Why would you ruin it for me Tao-tao?" Commander Bambam sighed.

" Because I respect you too much to let you attempt to maul and molest Sam in front of witnesses sir." Tao sighed.

" Thank you," Bambam replied, standing up and adjusting the crotch of his pants, then turning to Sam and saying.

" Stay here? Please. I promise you I will get your sisters back to you safely," he said softly and Sam, well Sam, poor Sam, all she could do was nod stupidly.

Commander Bambam had smiled, then said, " while you're here, I want you and Tao to use the room assigned to me. There's a secure phone in there, Sam you know the combination to my safe. You'll give me daily updates."

Sam nodded then sighed, " they're not going to like this" she said, referring to the bigwigs. Bambam shrugged.

" Tough," he said, " they'll live. The worlds changing, they change with it or they fade with it."

And so, it was decided Commander Bambam headed out with Junma, Yixing, Jongdae and Baekhyun. 

But. He had other reasons for insisting he be the one to go, on top of the ones he mentioned. But he recognised that he was a valuable member of the supernatural defence task force, too valuable for the cabinet of fools to lose. So... if in the event something like what had just happened with the disease outbreak were to occur again, the cabinet of fools would be a little less trigger happy knowing that one of their most valuable knights was out there. His going out there ensured the safety of a whole lot of people. ersely, where the loss of life of a thousand, maybe more innocent civilians could be written off as acceptable losses, the loss of his one useless life, to the cabinet of fools would not be an acceptable loss.

Sometimes he really hated politics.

Like really hated politics.