chapter 12

Halloween ever after

Now, badass as Jodie was, she wasn't the only badass female supernatural creature out there, as we would soon come to find out.

While the rest of us were safely insideJdie made a quick dash for a pharmacy, so she could grab some necessary items and then she made a quick run for a nearby clinic so could grab a few more necessary items, and then made her way back to us. Or started to make her way back to us. 

But when she was about halfway back she run into the trouble she'd been expecting to run into. 

" Oh for s sake," Jodie growled as she stared the circle of vampires surrounding her down, " the clinic half a mile back, they've got all the blood you could want for you. Go get your own please," she sighed.

" Ah sweetcakes, where's the fun in that when we could just take your little delivery right there. Maybe even get a bite of that sweet looking little throat of yours," one of the vampires drawled back, and Jodie sighed in annoyance.

" I really don't have time for this. Let me by and walk a half a mile and you can have all the blood bags you want," she sighed. But she knew it was pointless, the stupid vampires didn't know when to just take some good advice. 

Seriously.

She didn't have time for this. So it was with great irritation that she proceeded to lay her bag of supplies down, then cracked her neck and took on an offensive stance.

" Bring it on then you stupid ers, Let's make it quick now shall we?" she growled.

They attacked her, and she attacked back, slaughtering five of them in a minute flat. 

She'd hoped that she could dissuade the rest by killing their buddies, but it was not to be. They just kept charging her.

But then, 

" I really don't like you killing all my minions," a new voice, a female voice sighed, walking up to them.

Jodie growled, "and I don't like them delaying me. Tell them to get the out of my way, and we wouldn't have this problem,"

" Or you could just give them what they want and be on your way," the newcomer said.

"Your lazy asses literally only have to go half a mile for what's in this bag. And I need what's in this bag," Jodie sighed, standing up straight and turning to face the newcomer.

" You need blood bags? What,? You got some vampires you need to feed or something?" the newcomer responded.

" No. I've got a pregnant woman about to deliver. She's gonna lose blood, and i'm not about to let her die on my watch," Jodie sighed.

" Oh well, whey didn't you just say so. Go on then. I'll keep the rest off of you," the newcomer said.

Jodie narrowed her eyes, " why are you helping me? You're a vampire"

" Yes I am. But just like you, I don't believe in this stupid full on war the elders are trying to wage. Consider me a renegade" the newcomer said.

" Khazz?" Jodie suddenly asked.

" At your service," Khaz replied.

" I thought you were a rumour?" Jodie said.

" Nah, I just like to live in the shadows. Now, you should probably go before more of my stupid brethren show up. We can talk later" Khaz replied.

Jodie nodded once, picked up her bag and resumed her journey, leaving Khaz behind to deal with the scraggling vampires.

By the time Jodie made it back to us, Minseok and Jinyoung had gotten Lilee bathed and changed into one of Fanfans biggest basketball vests, so she'd be comfortable, and had her laying on her side so they could massage her back and hips.

" Sorry I took so long," Jodie said, tossing the bag to Charlie from the doorwat, " can you lay the plastic down on the couch, and thank you for that" she pointed to the curtained off area that Charlie and Chanyeol had managed to fix together using sheets and some rope that Charlie had found somewhere. 

Charlie took the bag and grabbed the plastic lining she found inside, then turned to Minseok and Jinyoung, " can you guys hold her up for a second?"

They did, and Charlie got to setting up. while Jodie started to strip at the doorway.

" Uh...?" Chanyeol asked. 

" I run into a couple of idiots while I was out there. There are babies in there with you. I'm noy bringing this filth in their with you," Jodie explained, standing fully , " I'm going to have to wash myself off real quick, before I do anything else. I'm sorry Lilee" 

Lilee shook her head, " no. Thank you. I'd rather you not... touch my baby with..."

" Filth. Trust me. It was filth." Jodie said, " be right back."

She headed for the bathroom, . And I could only sit in awe of the confidence she had to walk past all those hot college boys in all her glory.

" Close your mouth sweetheart, you're drooling," Fanfan said to me. He sounded amused.

" Dude. We're  all drooling" Kyungsoo snorted.

" This is true," Mark said, " even Jinyoung the innocent over there,"

" I am very innocent," Jinyoung said, " and I was not drooling. I was sweating.... with my mouth."

We all burst out into laughter at that, even Jodie who was walking out of the bathroom. She caught the shirt that Jaebum threw to her and slipped it on. It came down to her knees and she laughed.

" I feel like a kid in her fathers clothes," she said, " now come. Let's get this baby born."

She went behind the closed off area, and said, " Charlie I'm going to need a flashlight, and if one of you boys could get behind Lilee, that would be awesome."

Since Minseok was the closest he got behind Lilee and Charlie shone a flashlight down on them.

Jodie carefully slipped two fingers into Lilee and felt around.

We all heard Lilee grunt in pain.

" I'm sorry." Jodie soothed, " I found the stitch. I'm going to try and undo it with my fingers. But if feels really tight. I might have to cut it. There's a really sharp pair of tweezers in that bag I brought. Could you hand them to me? After you wash and disinfect your hands with soap and alcohol."

Jinyoung was already on it, rushing to the sink by the bar area and washing his hands with soap, then pouring alcohol over them, he grabbed the unopened pack of tweezers, opened them and poured some alcohol over them, then handed them to Jodie.

" Alright mama. This might hurt, but I've got the end of the stitch in my fingers, so I'll make it as quick as I can," Jodie said.

Lilee nodded, then immediately screamed as Jodie did something with the tweezers insider her.

"I'm sorry, so sorry, but there all done," she said pulling the medical thread that had been used for the stitches outof Lilee.

Lilee grit her teeth, " it hurts. Oh fuc.. shi.. urgh it hurts,"

" I know. Jinyoung. There's some gauze in that bag, could you hand me some please,"

Jinyoung did and Jodie used it to wipe some of the blood away.

"You're pretty dilated, but you haven't crowned yet. So now we just have to wait it out," Jodie said.

"Mama?" Jongin suddenly called out, " mama you screamed. Are you ok mama?"

" I'm..I'm ok baby," Lilee called back.

" Then why did you scream mama?" he asked.

" It might do him good to see you. To see this," Jodie said softly, " he's going to be terrified of what he doesn't understand and the worlds changed so much in just one night. It might help him to know that this is normal."

Lilee bit her lip, the nodded slowly.

Jodie smiled and said," sweetheart, do you want to come see your mama?"

Jongin nodded and Mark chuckled and said, " go on then. She's right behind the curtain."

Jongin went slowly and stopped by the curtain.

" Why don't you come sit next to me,?" Minseok said, " you can help me wipe mama's sweat?"

" O,K" Jongin said softly, then crawled up and sat next to Minseok, " what's wrong with mama?"

"Nothing's wrong with mama," Jodie said," mama's having  a baby. Like when she had you."

" This is how mama had me?" Jongin asked.

" Yup," Jodie said.

Lilee tried not to cry in pain, since her baby was watching her, but man she'd forgotten how much contractions hurt.

" Did it hurt mama?" Jongin asked.

Lilee nodded and turned to look up at him, " just a little bit baby."

" I'm sorry mama," he said with a sniffle and Lilee chuckled.

" Don't be kitten. It's like when you were learning how to ride your bike, and you kept falling off. You didn't stop,because, you really wanted to learn how to ride a bike right? Even though it hurt every time you scraped your knee?"

Jongin nodded.

" Yeah well, that's the same as this kitten. I really, really wanted to have you, and I really really want to have this baby, so it's ok if it hurts." Lilee said and Jongin grinned.

Jodie smiled then said, "alright mama. Here comes baby's head. You ready to start pushing?"

Lilee nodded, and tried to sit up so she could push. Minseok helped her up, staying behind her and linking his fingers with hers.

Lilee managed a weak 'thank you' before every ounce of energy she possessed went into pushing.

" Jinyoung, could you find me the clean towels in there please, and fill the sink with some warm water, please," Jodie said.

Jinyoung did, and about five pushes later and many grunts and muffled screams later ( she muffled them in Minseoks chest,)  we heard the beautiful wailing of a newborn baby.. and then, 

" eeewwww, why's he so slimy?"

Jongin was appropriately disgusted by the entrance of his baby brother. It was all kinds of funny, especially when in the next second a chuckling Jodie said,

" he, is a she sweetheart. You have a baby sister,"

Jongins response to that was, " eeeeeeew"

This made me laugh into Fanfans chest, and he chuckled as well.

Jodie handed the baby over to Jinyoung who, like a born natural, gently shushed the baby and cleaned her down real quick, then wrapped her up in a clean towel and handed her to Lilee, who was sniffling back tears.

" Alrighty then. Now you've lost a lot of blood, so I'm going to hook you up to an I.V, you wouldn't happen to know what your blood type is would you?"

" O negative," Lilee whispered, starting to fade and drift off.

Jodie smiled and set one of the bags of blood up, then slid the needle into Lilee.

" Come on, you just have to let this little one get some breakfast and then you can go to sleep yeah?" Jodie said softly, helping Lilee get the baby girl latched onto her .

Lilee nodded, even as her eyes continued to droop closed.

Jodie smiled and said, " as soon as she's full I'll help you clean up and you can get some rest. You did good mama,"

Lilee nodded, but she was already half asleep.

Minseok smiled and carefully placed his hand under the baby girls head with Lilee's for extra support, and chuckled softly when Lilee started snoring softly.

Eventually the little tyke fell asleep and Jodie unlatched her from the . 

" Alright cutie, let'sget you in a diaper yeah?" Jodie said, " and we can get mama clean and comfortable as well. Charlie please burn all that stuff for me please,"

Charlie nodded, and sniffed. She was crying.

" Happy tears, promise." Charlie sniffed.

Jodie smiled and turned around with the baby girl, now diapered and swaddled in soft baby blankets.

While Minseok, carefully picked Lilee up, so Charlie could pull the soiled plastic sheet from under her and line the section of the couch that they'd been using with soft sheets.

" I'm gonna pull the I.V out, since the bag is empty. Minseok you think you can handle giving mama a quick bath?"

" If Jinyoung helps then yeah," Minseok said. 

By the time they came back out Fanfan was holding the baby girl, and basically just killing me softly as he sung her a lullaby. 

I was all kinds of smitten and internally squealing at the sight.

Jongin had his chin hooked over Fanfans shoulder,and Sehuns was hooked over the other one.

" Why is she so wrinkly?" Jongin wanted to know.

" Most babies are wrinkly when they're first born," Fanfan answered.

" Was I?" Sehun wanted to know.

" You were soooo wrinkly, And red. Like a tomato," Fanfan answered.

" I was not."

" Yes you were. I thought they'd dipped you in ketchup before they brought you home," Fanfan replied. Making both Sehun and Jongin giggle.

" Alright you two," Fanfan play growled, " time for us to go pee and brush our teeth. I may even try to get you bathed."

" Don't wanna bath," Sehun grumbled.

" Oh dear. Even the baby bathed. And she didn't eve cry. The baby is probably braver than Sehun."

" She is not," Sehun grumbled.

" She must be, She took a whole bath.And didn't cry," Fanfan argued.

" She is not," Sehun argued.

" Prove it then," Fanfan said standing up and carefully carrying a sleeping baby girl over to Jinyoung.

Sehun scowled but stood up and stomped his little feet to the bathroom.

Dean, crawled across the floor and cupped my face in her hands once Fanfan, Sehun and Jongin had disappeared behind the bathroom door.

" You ok?" she asked me.

I shook my head.

" You shook?" she asked me.

I nodded.

" Me too," she whispered, " me too girl"

The baby gurgled in Jinyoungs arms.

Apparently, she was quite shook too.