~ Final ~

~ Little Taetae and Little Kookie ~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[A/N:] Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook are doing some sort of “toddler speak/language” in this so apologies in advance if you will see strange stuff. The way they talk. Heh.

 

====================================================================================

 

One afternoon, at the monkey bars in a children’s playpark in one of Seoul’s somewhat posh residential areas, six kids are playing. And many other things.

 

“Namjoonie, you are so careless! You wounded your knees again,” a 8-year-old boy named Seokjin mumbles, glaring at the 6-year-old boy named Namjoon, while tending to the said wound. “Yah! Stop moving!”

 

Namjoon bit his lower lip, trying his best not to hiss from the pain as his older friend is applying a disinfectant to the scrapes he got from running and tripping. “Jinnie hyung!”

 

“I told you not to run, but you didn’t listen.”

 

The statement earned chuckles from the other four kids- 8-year-old Yoongi, 6-year-old Hoseok or Hobi, and 5-year-olds Jimin and Taehyung. These kids don’t have the same ages, but the fact that their parents are all good friends since high school, these kids did so too. All those weekend afternoon and holiday gatherings weren’t for naught.

 

“Sheokjin hyungie ish shcolding Namjwoonie hyungie again,” giggles Jimin, or Chim-chim, covering his mouth with his tiny fingers while doing so. He is joined by Hobi and their youngest friend, Taehyung or Taetae.

 

Yoongi, who is lying on the ground with his Kumamon plushie shoots the five a look, scoffs, and closes his eyes. “Noisy.”

 

Chim-chim hears it and pouts, before a mischievous smile takes over him and joins his favorite gwumpy hyungie on the ground. Hobi follows suit, tackling both Yoongi and Chim-chim which made the older shout and the younger squeal..

 

The youngest of the group, Taetae, who is currently seated on the swingset, stares fondly at all his hyungs while clutching on his tiger plushie. Hyungies al the besht hyungies he mumbles inaudibly. He proceeds to play with his tiger plushie and Chim-chim’s chick plushie when he hears something.


 

“Nuuuuuuu pwish not my Bun-bun!” a tiny voice pleads, sniffs apparent.

 

This catches Taetae’s attention, ears all perked up as he searches where the little commotion is coming from.

 

“Your momma isn’t here, big nose!”

 

“H-hyung.. Nuuuuuu.. M-m-my n-nose ish not bwig. A-and pwish give me Bun-bun..”

 

“You are ugly just like your toy!”

 

“N-nuuuuuu R-rawon h-hyungie, B-bun-bun i-i-ish n-not ugwy. P-pwish give m-me m-m-my Bun-bun,” the tiny voice still pleads.


 

Little Taetae stands up and turns around and pouts when he find where everything is coming from.

 

Just across the side of the playpark where the monkey bars are, Taetae sees three guys whom he knows are from his Yoongi and Seokjin hyung’s class, and an unfamiliar little boy. The Rawon guy is holding what appears to be a bunny plushie, the other two bigger guys named Seulong and Jaewoon are laughing. The three boys are sort of cornering the little boy who is half-crying and pleading while trying to jump and get the bunny plushie from Rawon.

 

Taetae pouts even more. “Those guysh al meanies.”

 

The three bullies proceeded to throw to each other the bunny plushie which had the little boy running, trying to catch his toy. Taetae’s tiny fists are suddenly gripping firmly onto the two plushies that he is holding, especially when the little boy suddenly tripped. The little boy quickly stands up though and continues to run to each of the bullies’ side, muttering Bun-bun with the hopes of finally being able to catch it.

 

But then..

 

“Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!”

 

Taetae’s eyes widen as he sees the three bullies do the unthinkable.

 

The Rawon kid throws the bunny plushie a little too far and it ended up landing near the slides. The little boy screams while running towards where the plushie landed before tripping, landing hard this time to the cemented ground part of the playpark. Little Taetae hears the three bullies laugh at the little boy, and when they see how tears are slowly forming the kid’s doe eyes, he loses it.

 

“Hyungiiiiiiieeeeessssssssssss!” Little Taetae shouts, which gathers all the attention of all his hyungs and some other kids who are playing near the monkey bars.

 

Seokjin, who was done with tending to Namjoon’s wound, places his first aid kit to the ground and walks towards Taetae. “Yes, Taehyungie? What is wrong?” he asks.

 

Taetae looks at his Jinnie hyung and pouts before pointing to the three bullies and then to the little boy who is currently having a hard time standing up due to his wounds. “Those meanies bullied the bwoy thel(there)!”

 

Seokjin gasps. “Oh my!” He then turns to glare at the three bullies before looking at Namjoon and Yoongi. “You need to accompany me. I need to give those meanies a lesson.”

 

Yoongi and Namjoon tilt their heads in confusion. But then Seokjin points to the three bullies and both boys understood what he means before standing up from where they are seated.

 

Yoongi hands his Kumamon plushie to Chim-chim and Hobi. “Take care of my plushie,” to which the two responded with a nod.

 

The hyungs walked off to catch up on the three bullies and at this, Taetae turns to his other two hyungs.

 

“Hobi hyungie, Chim-chim hyungie,”

 

Hobi stands up and approaches his dongsaeng. “Yes Taehyungie?”

 

Taetae hands him the plushies he was holding. “I need chu go chuthe bwoy thel and help him. Pwish take care of my twoys.”

 

Hobi takes the plushies from Taetae and nods. Taetae then walks towards where the bunny plushie was thrown. He picks it up, dusts it off and approaches the now crying little boy. He squats a little but just so he can be at the same level as the other kid is. He can see the kid’s flushed cheeks, teary doe eyes, and bunny teeth because he is crying while his mouth is open.

 

“Cute.”




 

A young woman in her mid-20s puts on a towel at the back of her adorable toddler’s shirt. She also doesn’t forget to splash some cologne to the kid’s neck, wrists, and his clothes. Lastly, she hands him a bunny plushie, which the kid excitedly receives.

 

“Okay so Jungkookie?”

 

Big doe eyes stares at his mother with an adoring smile. “Yesh mommy?”

 

The young woman coos a little and kisses her child on the nose. “So mommy has to talk to those ahjummas so I can ask them the details about moving you to the the daycare center.”

 

“Eung!” the kid replies as if he fully understands.

 

“Yes baby, so that mommy can concentrate with her new work, alright? Then I can pick you up in the afternoon.”

 

“Eung!”

 

“And then by evening, daddy will join us.”

 

The kid smiles a bunny smile while he nods. “Eung!”

 

The young woman chuckles at the adorable kid’s gestures. “So can Jungkookie be a good baby boy and play with Bun-bun while waiting for mommy? It won’t take me long.”

 

Jungkook, or little Kookie nods enthusiastically. “Owlayt! Yesh mommy! Kwookie ish a good bwoy! I will wait fol mommy hele(here),” he replies with a huge smile on his face, showing off his cute bunny teeth.

 

Kookie’s mommy claps her hands in delight. “Aw, my baby boy is growing up so well! Alright baby Kookie. Stay here.” She kisses the toddler one more time before she sets off to where she needs to go. She shoots her son a glance every once in a while to make sure he doesn’t run off.

 

Little Kookie’s eyes didn’t leave his mother as he watches her approach a group of ahjummas. He smiles when he sees how she was warmly welcomed. His mother is a really shy person, but since they no nobody in the city after recently moving from Busan, she tried her best to shake off the shyness away, all for her little Jungkookie.

 

“Kwookie should be blave jush like mommy. Kwookie will wait fol mommy hele,” he mutters with a small smile, squishing his bunny plushie. “Kookie ish a blave bwoy. Mommy will be ploud of baby Kwookie fol being a blave bwoy. Bun-bun will make shul(sure) Kwookie ish owlayt, layt Bun-bun?” He then makes the plushie’s head move, as if it is nodding to the little boy. Kookie giggles at that.

 

He looks around and sees kids that are either older or younger than him. Most of them are with their parents, some of them are with their friends. He is envious of them. Little Kookie never really had any playmates since most kids his age in Busan tend to make fun of his teeth and his nose. He tries to make friends, but he gets nervous all the time and because he is a little to small. He pouts.

 

“I wish Kwookie and Bun-bun will have mow pwaymates hele,” he mumbles before he decided to start playing with Bun-bun.

 

He was having a fun time on his own when he sees three looming shadows over him and Bun-bun. He looks up and sees three older boys and gasps because they all look very familiar.

 

“R-rawon hyung?”

 

The Rawon kid smiles in the way that makes little Kookie so uncomfortable, he clutches on Bun-bun.

 

“Hello, ugly boy.”

 

Kookie pouts. “I-i’m not ugwy.”

 

The other kid, Seulong, snickers. “But you have a big nose and an ugly set of teeth. You’re ugly.”

 

The third kid named Jaewoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter