So I Still Suffer

Mated Love (Discontinued)

Friday

3 months later ~

___ POV ~

“Aright kids! Coming around is a 4 paged note regarding an upcoming camp experience that we recommend that you participate in.”

Loud murmurs could be heard as the students spoke amongst their friends while I thought about the idea about a camp. I’ve settled in quite well here, I’m treated like a ‘normal werewolf’ when required but in PE they know that I’m physically lacking a little bit. That’s one point as to why I don’t want to go to camp, too much effort right?

“The camp will run for a whole week. Activities like canoeing and rock climbing will occur, and survival skills will be learnt for when required. Us as the staff of your school and as adults that care about your wellbeing, and we advise that you go on this trip as it can benefit you in your communication skills and team work.”

Nobody seemed to be going against the idea of a school camp, probably because they’ll skip the week off.

“But not only will this school of ours be attending, another school from a far town will be participating as well, and we happily announce this camp to be a ‘joint school camp’ off the sorts. I do hope that those who attend will be on their best behaviour and set a good recognition for out school.”

Joint school camp? I already have trouble talking to people in our school a bit though they talk to me fine, but I’d have to talk to other people as well? People that could have death wishes for submissives?

I don’t need this.

“Now, cabins will obviously be separated into male and female and they will be shared with the other school as well. These beds will either be bunk beds or single beds, there are no reservations for what bed you take so whichever school gets to the venue first will have first pick so if you go, please do come early like it says on the note.”

Rosé passed me the small pile of notes with a smile, instantly reading the next second as I passed the note to a fellow student in my grade, she was a fellow human in one of my classes. I still had mixed thoughts on this camp, but if Rosé and Baekhyun go, I’ll be at home by myself. Unless Kai…

“If any sort of alpha rivalry or whatnot is to occur, straight suspension. If any sort of witchery battle is to occur, straight suspension. If any vampire sinks their teeth into another unless it being their mate, straight suspension. Any sort of violence or conflict that is to occur, straight suspension. You are expected to be on your best behaviour.”

My feelings for this camp are conflicted. Does that count?

“School staff, including myself and teachers, will be at school on the weekends for preparations regarding the other grades so you will have to arrive at school and hand in your notes. Deadlines are Sunday 5pm or earlier, it depends on whether everyone wants to go or not.”

I felt Rosé nudge my side with her shoulder, only to see her looking at me with an expectant look, asking if I was going to go or not. I just shrugged because I wasn’t even sure what I wanted right now.

The idea of going of this camp in general just felt weird in my stomach, like I was expecting something grand to happen but that didn’t mean it would be so good. Everyone should know I'm a pessimist by now, only feeling optimistic when I'm positively sure everything will be okay or I'm finally happy out of my senses and do random .

This was my pessimistic side kicking in, as if punching the insides of my stomach in a way to make my mind nauseated of the word ‘camp’. Heck, my last camping experience almost killed me, I would’ve died since this town wasn’t about an hour or 2 away from where Baekhyun and Rosé found me.

 Maybe this camp is under control though; something is telling me to go to this camp even though I get that gut feeling that it won’t be the best of ideas. A regret of an experience as I’d call it.

“Alright kids, don’t fret to ask your teachers any questions now. Oh and also, please bring appropriate clothing, bikinis and boardies aren’t ideal for a camping trip.” Giggles could be heard amongst the crowd, including me as the principal left the gym where we were all gathered just for this announcement. Soon after, all the students were talking loudly about whether or not they were going to go, standing up to either stretch their legs or find their friends, for us it was both.

“Are you going to go pup?” Rosé asked, though I was still unsure about what I was speaking in general, I still answered as sane as possible. “I don’t know… this just feels so weird and like, camp? But then again, all though-” Rosé laughed at my slight confusion of a decision, because who wouldn’t? I sounded like a blabbering idiot.

“Calm down ___, we still have the weekend to decide whether or not we go. Plus, we need to check where Baek is and if he wants to go in general.” I nodded at her, and made sure to listen to her next words very carefully because I was panicking a little bit for no reason. “Okay ___, you need to breathe, just take a deep breath and focus on me.” She placed her hands on my cheeks to make sure I looked at her and her only. “Slow breaths, in… and out. You okay now?” I nodded once again, and all I can say is that I'm glad that Rosé is by my side.

She makes me calm.

“I’m going to find Baek now, you go find Kai okay?” “Okay.”

I went looking for the vampire prince but I couldn’t find him anywhere, he was mixing in well with the crowd for once.

Kai started to talk more and more with people as soon as I confronted him on the first day, well not really a confrontation but of the sorts. He started talking to people more often, mostly because he would sit at our table and casually someone would ask a question about either one of us. It was either asking Rosé about clothes and fashion and whatnot because that’s what she specialises in, asking Baek about learning the piano, asking Kai about his life in general or about the arcade or asking me about what its like being a submissive and consoling me a little when I revealed how people abused me before I came. Over time everybody just recognised us bit by bit, and now we’re good friends with everyone in the grade. I guess we all had good conversations over food, well they did, I wasn’t really eating much.

“Boo!”

I shrieked and jumped forwards when a husky voice from behind spoke up, turning around to see Kai trying to hold his laugh in but ultimately burst out while I gave him what I could muster as a deathly glare.

“That was- HAHA HILARIOUS! DID YOU SEE YOUR FACE?!” He continued to laugh, holding his chest and pointing a finger towards me as his eyes crinkled teeth and fangs showing and that was when I raised an eyebrow at him. He didn’t seem to stop for another 30 seconds so I just thought I’d turn around and leave him in the crowd.

“Wait wait wait, I’m sorry ___.”

The minute I turned away and started to walk, it seemed his laughter had died down straightaway and grabbed my hand from behind me, pulling me back towards him as he was now giving me a gentle smile.

“I wanted to ask you ___,” he looked down and I realised that our hands were still intertwined but I didn’t care, he was a close friend of mine so he has the right. “Are you going to go to the camp?” I just shrugged, looking at our still together hands and biting my lower lip as I couldn’t think of an answer.

“Because I might be going, which is pretty surprising,” we both chuckled at the truth. “but I only want to go if you go as well.” Great, now I have the pressure of Kai on me. Well I already had a lot of pressure on it in general, but now it’ll just get worse if I don’t go as a whole.

I guess a small frown appeared on my face when I didn’t answer.

“What’s wrong ___? Doesn’t the camp sound nice?” I nodded a yes, because it did a little… “Then what’s wrong? It’s not like you to push down a challenge.” It wasn’t? Huh.

“What if the other school doesn’t like me?” I mumbled, upset at my reasoning because of how legitimate it was. “What did you say?” of course he couldn’t hear me with the amount of students talking loudly, I probably looked like I was mute, trying to find my voice and failing horrible.

 “I said… what if the other school doesn’t like me?”

I said a little louder, and this time he did hear me.

He gave me a sympathetic smile, or empathetic, one of the two before he let go of our hands and circled his arms around my lower back so that I wouldn’t leave. Again, Kai was one of my closest and bestest friends so he was allowed to do this.

It’s hard to believe that I'm a submissive when I’m in slight control of the situation. The last few months weren’t my best times, no longer nightmares about my father abusing but of Jennie hitting me instead. She wouldn’t have that surge of anger like my dad did, she would have that glint of humour in her eyes before they glowed and I dreamt of her choking me instead of my dad.

The choking represented the silence I held as she threatened me to not tell of our mate bond.

The kicks I would dream of would represent how my mate bond was in pain.

The way she drew my blood through her fingerprints represented how she would send me into a state of pain just for her own amusement at school.

She was everywhere in my dreams, almost every night to the point where I’d gotten insomnia. I would barely fall asleep, even if my eyes stung tears. I would hear Jennie’s voice in my ears tell me to throw my food or give it to those who truly deserve it. Her voice would overpower Rae’s or even spite me by using Rae. It was chaotic.

I was going insane by Jennie Kim.

I was always in Rosé’s arms when I woke up, mostly because we gave up on buying a bed if this was going to be the usual. I told her everything about Jennie, she knew about how she’d hurt me, treat me, practically kill me but we only told Baekhyun that Jennie was no one good for me. He said okay and respected the lack of information, and so far that’s why I’m the closest with Rosé.

Rosé Park was keeping me sane.

“The other school? Well if they hurt you then they’re going to have to go through me ___ first. I wouldn’t let anyone hurt you, you’ve made me happy and so I should protect you. You’re like my little sister ___, they’ll have to meet this prince if someone tries to even touch you.” I blushed from his words, it was more like what one mate would say to their other half though Kai isn’t my mate, and he’s more of my brother. One that I love to-

“C’mon ___, where’s my hug?” He asked, as if he read my mind and so of course I hugged him, letting my head rest on his firm chest and hearing the silence in his chest, it made me calm that he had no heartbeat. Yes I just said that, but I prefer silence right now.

I guess a little bit of time back into the wildlife would be nice.

1 hour later ~

“And I’m guessing you 3 want to attend, am I correct?” Rosé and Baekhyun both nodded eagerly and though mine was hesitant, it was still there. “Hmm, alright let’s see.” The principal typed our names in individually, most likely checking how our behaviour in class has been along with attendance. I never skipped a day of school in my suffering during the 3 months; school was too great to miss even though it was a little boring and exhausting at times. Physically and mentally.

“Alright, Rosé it seems that you’re god to go like usual so I’ll let you on. Baekhyun, it seems that you created a little bit of a ruckus during music class if I'm correct.” He glanced towards Baekhyun who looked pretty pale for a werewolf, but I could see through the joke straightaway. Those two didn’t.

“What? Sir I don’t know what ruckus, I swear, I’ve been my best in my classes. It must be a mistake.” The pained expression on Baekhyun’s face was saddening, but amusing as well. Rosé looked plain worried but the principal just smiled at me, I was right. “Calm down boy, can’t you take a joke? ___ could see through it fast, smart girl. It’s music class, noise is bound to be made.” Baekhyun blushed in embarrassment and Rosé was still a little shocked but then those two bickered happily about going.

But it was my turn now.

“___ Kwon, you’ve been here for 3 months, and I must say, you’ve been popping up on the system a little too much. I’m impressed.” Oh no. What the hell have I been doing that made the teachers upset? None of them seemed to call me out of class at all, I gave my homework in all the time and I received A’s in my assignment. Even PE.

I didn’t say a word; I wasn’t sure what to think. I kind of wanted to go to camp now.

“I usually keep tabs on my new students open, just in case, and yours always tends to ping with a 100%. It’s amazing at how focused you are in school with a job if I'm correct,” I nodded. “But this is commendable. I shouldn’t be holding you back for camp at all.”

And just like that, relief had entered my system and I could breathe again.

“You three are all in camp, make sure you keep those notes so that you know what to pack alright? You’re technically the first three that are confirmed for camp.” We all cheered, wide smiles on our faces as we were now going to camp.

“Oh sir, I have a request.” I spoke up, this was quite important. “Yes Miss Kwon?”

“Is it okay if Rosé and I share a bed? If I'm sleeping in a cabin with other people then I don’t think I’ll cope. I’ve got my anxiety and-”

“Are you okay with it Rosé?” Oh please be okay with it Rosé…

“I think it’s best if she just stays with me in general, I won’t be able to get to her fast enough if we’re far apart.”

He was furrowing his eyebrows, leaning back on his chair as he scratched the side of his neck a little. I could see two small dots in the area that was slightly pinking, watching him rub the skin before it clicked. Were those bite marks? Must be his mate.

“If it’s for your wellbeing ___ then you can share a bed, but please, no inappropriate activity.”

Us three werewolves straight up blushed.

Jennie POV ~

“-and so it’s best that you go to this camp if you do wish for better communication skills for the future.”

I pile of notes came my way which I took the top and just passed it to whoever was next to me. We were being held back because of some sort of camp, I wasn’t really paying attention but all I know is that it goes for a week. Isn’t that too long? I don’t need mosquito bites as they take my blood and give me some sort of disease like malaria.

I needed ___.

It’s been 4 whole months without her.

The distance kept between us kills me.

When we’re dismissed to leave school, I’m not that fast because of how weak I am, stumbling a little when I stand up with my bag but I hold steady. I think they call it vertigo, when you stand and you get real dizzy right? But that’s only humans right? Or not, I don’t even know what I’m thinking anymore.

My mind never thinks right nowadays, my grades slowly roll down a bottomless hill that only seems to bounce from a bump whenever the thought of my mate comes in my head. I occasionally hear her cries in my dreams, no more happy laughter. It sounds like shrieks that make me cry in pain from how my ears are being forced to hear her like this. It was all part of my punishment like I said.

I was going insane by being away from ___ Kwon.

The only one that knows is Jisoo, Jessica knows a little but that was only the one time I remember. She was always there whenever I had the urge to punch or kick anyone that would talk about ___ in a way that made themselves grotesque for thinking that way. Always small words of encouragement that would almost always relate to ___ which I’d say is the only time is okay for her name to be spoken of.

I was keeping calm because of Jisoo Kim.

I’m still stuck with Chanyeol and Sehun though, they don’t talk about ___ anymore which I'm literally so glad about. It’s no normal talks like before, no longer about her disappearance. Chanyeol was the weird one who would come up with a funny idea, Sehun was the quiet listener who seemed to know everything and I was the one who sparked the conversation normally. Jisoo has lots of different personalities I swear, so she always has something to say if we’re all quiet.

Speaking of Chanyeol and Sehun, they’re both coming up to me which showing me the note and I know what they’re going to ask straightaway.

“So, are you heading to camp?” Sehun asked, beating Chanyeol who was legit about to ask but Sehun must be too excited. Can’t help it if the youngest is excited I guess. “I don’t know guys… camp isn’t really the thing for me.” Sehun nodded in acknowledgement but of course Chanyeol has something to say to me. “But why not, no school for a whole week. Isn’t that great!?”

He seemed to forget something.

“Are you sure you’ll be allowed? You were literally suspended last month for a whole week because you hid Mr Lee’s wallet inside the toilet tank.” Chanyeol smiled at the memory while I raised my eyebrows at him, he ain’t going on this trip. Sehun clearly agreed as he nodded in disapproval about the prank right now.

What? Wasn’t it funny?” Silence from the two of us ensued, clearly answering what should be extremely obvious.

“Hey guys, you going to the camp?” Sehun kept silent, probably still thinking about it but gave a faint nod. I don’t think I need to explain Chanyeol, but I did have to explain myself to Jisoo when I said nothing. “What about you Jendeuk?” I sighed, still unsure with what to say. Jisoo probably saw this coming and dragged me away from the two boys.

“Oh come on, you need a break Jennie. A change of scene right now, otherwise it’ll just keep breaking you down. I’m trying to keep you together but I can’t be there every time. Maybe camp will make you stronger, who knows? Right?”

She was right.

“Okay, I’ll go I guess.”

“Yes!”

I looked down to the camp note in my hand, reading a little bit of the first paragraph before I was suddenly intrigued.

“Combined with surprise school,” I muttered.

“Interesting.”
 


I didn't edit this much, i don't even know if i got my facts correct but here it is. maybe another chapter tomorrow, i'm not sure, but hopefully is what i'll say. now all i'l say is...

MEOW OUT!