Epilogue

If I Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

 

“Why the hell do you have so much stuff?” Jimin groaned loudly.

 

"Because I just do. God, stop complaining already." Yoongi picked up a box as he shot the younger boy narrowed eyes. "It's called being an adult."

 

Jimin rolled his eyes and slid through the threshold of the room. “Oh, and I’m a child?”

 

"Sometimes," Yoongi started, walking down the small hallway to the second bedroom. "I really wonder." He set the box by the door, pushing it across the wood flooring with his foot.

 

“Wow, thanks,” he scoffed, dropping the box next to where Yoongi had kicked his. “Nice to know, really.”

 

"Would you like me to tell you that you're the most mature person in the world?" Yoongi laughed softly, walking backwards down the hall to face his counterpart. "I mean, I could, but that would be lying."

 

“You’re a jerk, oh my god.” Jimin shoved at his chest as he bit back a laugh. “A saint such as yourself could never lie, obviously.”

 

Yoongi smiled, turning around to turn the corner into the small living room. "Obviously." He bumped into Taehyung as he walked through the front door. "Whoa, hello. Here, I got that." He took the box from Taehyung's arms.

 

Taehyung watched Yoongi trail off with the box. “It’s a cute place. I think it suits you two.”

 

“It’s small,” Jimin shrugged, running his fingers through his hair. “But it’s enough for now.” He ran his fingers over the tops of his legs and rolled his neck around on his shoulders. “Hey, will you run down to the moving truck and see how much stuff is left?”

 

“I’ll be back, then,” Taehyung grinned and backed out of the apartment as Hoseok, Taekwoon, and Jungkook shuffled in with more boxes.

 

"Hey Jimin," Hoseok spoke, holding up two smaller boxes. "Where do you want these? They're only labeled with a 'K'."

 

“Uh,” he pursed his lips, “just set them on the table in the kitchen for now, I’ll open them up later and figure it out.”

 

As Hoseok set the boxes on the table, Yoongi walked back into the busy room. "Wow, I didn't really realize we had so much." He looked around the room at their hardworking friends. "Seriously guy, thank you. We appreciate this a lot." He glanced at Jimin before smirking the slightest. "Well, I do, at least."

 

“I will punch you in the stomach, seriously.” Jimin threatened, pointing an accusing finger in his direction. A small smile played at his lips before he turned back to their friends. “Thank you, guys. Really, it’s a big help.”

 

"You are going to pay us, right?" Jungkook questioned with a smile, plopping down on the small couch. "Because as much as I love you guys, you're trying to put my back out of commision and hospital bills are expensive."

 

“Cute,” Jimin commented with a small smile. “But no.”

 

"Damn, so savage." Jungkook laughed.

 

Yoongi scoffed. "You're like, not even eighteen yet, what the hell back problems are you having?"

 

"I'd like to know. They showed up when you did." Jungkook prodded, laughing as Yoongi lunged at him.

 

“Okay, this fun and all,” Jimin latched onto Yoongi’s arm and pulled the older boy back towards him, “But I wouldn’t mind finishing this so we can eat and have dinner. Does that sound like a plan?”

 

"Yes sir," Jungkook mocked, his shoulders slumped as he pushed off the couch to walk out the door. "Right away, sir."

 

Hoseok sighed at the thought of food. "You can repay us with chicken. Otherwise, I don't think we'll get very far." He turned around to back out of the apartment, raising his eyebrows at the younger boys before disappearing around the corner.

 

Jimin stretched his arms above his head. “It’s gonna be such a long night.”

 

"Hm," Yoongi hummed, trailing his fingers across Jimin's back as he passed to walk back down the hall and the smallest smirk plastering itself on his face. "Could that have a double meaning?"

 

“You’re gonna kill me,” he mumbled into his hands, following Yoongi down the hall. “You’re literally going to end my life. You know what I meant.”

 

"God, don't talk like that." Yoongi sighed, turning around to catch him in his arms. "Even jokingly. I don't think I can handle it." he whispered softly.

 

“I-I was kidding,” Jimin stammered. “You know I was joking.”

 

He closed his eyes, slowly breathing out. "I know. I know, I'm sorry." He leaned forward to rest his chin on Jimin's shoulder, and grasped at the bad of his hoodie. "I'm glad you're here."

 

“I’m glad we did this.” He whispered, threading his fingers through Yoongi’s hair and his eyes shut. It had been months since the initial accident, since he woke up with Yoongi by his side, yet the experience moved both of them in a way Jimin couldn’t explain. “Thank you.”

 

"You know I'd do anything for you, right?" He asked, pulling back to look Jimin in the face. "I meant it. I still mean it. You're more important than some stupid school or record labels or anything else. It's all bull compared to you."

 

Jimin ran his thumb over Yoongi’s cheekbone. “I know you still mean it. Just like I do. We both may get busy when things start kicking up, but this place is where it all goes away for a time, okay? The problems are left at the door, we shouldn’t have to worry.”

 

Yoongi slowly nodded, leaning his cheek against Jimin's hand. "I think we can manage that."

 

“What did I do to deserve you?” he asked softly.

 

"I can't tell if you mean that as a good thing," Yoongi smiled softly, his nose brushing against Jimin's softly in an eskimo kiss. "or something bad."

 

“Most definitely a good way,” Jimin smiled, closing his eyes and leaning his forehead against Yoongi’s. “A really good way.”


 

•••


 

Family was something often taken for granted, something that you didn’t realize you had until they were gone. Jimin often found himself wondering where he would’ve ended up without the people that surrounded him. Without the people who raised him. His mind wandered to the words Yoongi spoke to him when he read the acceptance letter to him—how his acceptance into the university was Seokjin, Namjoon, and Jihyun’s last gift to him. And he stilled believed it wholeheartedly.  

 

“I hope everyone is really hungry because Hoseok-hyung and Taekwoon-hyung ordered a little too much takeout.” Jimin slid the takeout onto the table and chuckled.

 

"Have I ever told you that you're the best friend in the world and I don't know what I'd do without you?" Jungkook grinned, reaching for the take-out before Jimin had even set it down completely.

 

“I think you have just a few times,” he responded, slipping down into his seat next to Yoongi. “Try not to eat it all before it’s even out of the bag, there’s other people here.”

 

Hoseok smacked Jungkook's hand before he could grab anything else. "You will lose your hand if you touch my chicken, punk."

 

"Your friends are so mature Jimin-ah, I think I should retract my statement towards you and give it to someone else." Yoongi smirked, raising an eyebrow at the youngest member of their table.

 

"Laugh it up, hyung." Jungkook mocked, narrowing his eyes at him. “At least I got the first Christmas kiss."

 

"What's your point?" Yoongi laughed. "You're still single."

 

“Hyung!” Jimin shoved his shoulder, biting back a laugh that wanted to fall from his lips.

 

"Ha ha, you're so funny," He feigned a laugh. "I will kick you in the shin."

 

"Go for it, it won't do you any good." Yoongi challenged.

 

"Yah yah, stop roasting each other and eat before Taekwoon-hyung finishes everything." Hoseok laughed.

 

“I’m literally the only sane person here,” Jimin placed his hands over his face and shook his head. “Can I actually have some food or is Jungkook getting to keep it all?”

 

"Here, since I'm a nice bestfriend who cares about your wellbeing, I'll share," Jungkook handed him a bag of the food, shooting Yoongi a look.

 

"Don't make this a game, kid," Yoongi laughed, turning his attention to his food. "I guarantee you I will win."

 

“That would be a sight to see.” Jimin snorted, grasping onto the bag Jungkook held out for him, “Thank you, Jungkook-ah.”

 

“Are Jungkook and Yoongi-hyung gonna fight?” Taehyung looked between the two, gently nudging Taekwoon. “If so, ten bucks says Yoongi-hyung wins.”

 

Taekwoon scanned Taehyung’s outstretched hand and scoffed, though took his handshake anyway. “Fifteen on Yoongi, actually.”

 

"I'll make it twenty on Jungkook." Hoseok mumbled, stuffing his face with chicken.

 

"Stop betting on us, oh my god," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

 

"At least I'd take the challenge like an actual man." Jungkook mumbled.

 

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at the younger boy. "Are you serious?"

 

Taehyung chuckled and smirked at his older friend. “That’s most certainly a deal, hyung.”

 

"Do I need to kick all of you out? This is my house remember." Yoongi complained.

 

"Come on hyung, what are you afraid of?" Jungkook smirked slightly. "Afraid I might win and steal your boyfriend?"

 

“Why is this happening?” Jimin muttered, leaning his chin on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter