Chapter Six

If I Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

 

It was soft at first as if someone had brushed a feather across his lips, his cheek, then continued on to a much more frequent rate. A soft chuckle resonated from his side and a soft kiss was placed on his placid lips. Another was left on his neck, moving softly down to his shoulder before taken back up to his cheek. Jimin allowed his eyes to flutter open as a soft yawn escaped his lips and a smile began taking over his features.

“What are you doing?” Jimin groaned softly, running a hand over his eyes. 

Yoongi's head of messy hair rested just next to his as he watched the younger boy stir, his lips pulled into the warmest of smiles. Jimin's room was softly illuminated by the fall sunlight, making visible the darkening bruises on Yoongi's arms and face. He placed his lips softly on the corner of Jimin’s mouth as he whispered. "You're a heavy sleeper."

“I live with Jihyun, I have to be.” He chuckled raspily. 

"I thought he was the heavy sleeper?" Yoongi laughed softly, reaching his hand up to brush Jimin's hair out of his eyes.

“Not when he has friends over,” Jimin responded, tiredly resting his head on Yoongi’s shoulder. “I don’t think I’ve ever heard a kid scream so loud when he loses than my brother’s friends.”

Yoongi's chest rumbled with his laughter. "I feel so sorry for you. What torture they must put you through."

“I’m so sure you’re being sarcastic right now, but frankly,” he paused, eyes threatening to close into sleep again, “I don’t care.”

"You can't go back to sleep, Jimin-ah," Yoongi complained quietly, sitting up a little to shove weakly at his shoulder. "It's almost noon. You’ve been asleep for a longer than necessary and frankly, I’m bored."

“Then go back to sleep.” Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s middle and rolled over to use the older male’s chest as a pillow. 

"Oh my god, come on!" he chuckled softly, shoving at Jimin. "How long do you need to sleep? You know, there is this thing called food and it's calling our names?"

“Hyung,” he groaned. “Come on, I’m tired.”

After a minute of struggling, Yoongi finally gave in, sighing as he let his arms fall limply on the bed, "Damn it. You know, sometimes you're a real pain in the ?"

“Oh yeah, totally,” Jimin mumbled into his chest. “I can tell.”

"Hyung, have you seen my Captain America shirt," Jihyun's voice suddenly filled their ears as he waltzed right in, making his way over to Jimin's closet without even glancing at his bed. "I know Jin-hyung mixed it up with your clothes but I haven't seen it since-" He about-faced, dropping the clothing that was in his hands. "My-oh my god, hyung!" he shouted.

Yoongi just waved nonchalantly at the younger boy, "'Sup." He let his eyebrows furrow slightly. "I think your shirt is at my apartment, actually."

“Do you ever knock?” Jimin groaned, pushing himself up on Yoongi’s chest. “I need to lock my door. Why are you even home?”

"I-I came back early, I just, wow, oh my god!" Jihyun stared at them for a long moment before covering his eyes and feeling his way across the room for the door, "Oh my god! My eyes! Oh my god!"

“Wait,” he called after his brother, a sudden panic lacing his raspy tone. “Is Seokjin-hyung and Namjoon-hyung home?”

"Jihyun-ah, what's wrong?" Seokjin called, suddenly in the doorway. "Why are you screaming-" He stopped mid-sentence, taking in the whole scene. "O-Oh."

Jimin pulled the blankets up higher. “Hyung.”

Yoongi sighed, "Let's just call Namjoon up and make it a party, yeah?"

“Please don’t tell me he’s actually home, hyung,” he spoke, eyes nailed directly into Seokjin’s surprised ones.

"U-uh," Seokjin started, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Hyung,” Namjoon’s voice trailed softly down the hall, followed by his footsteps. “Have you seen my phone?” His stopped in the doorway, peering into the room that had become the main attraction. “Oh God, really?”

"Look how popular we are." Yoongi mumbled sarcastically, looking over at the two in the doorway. "Care to join us? Sharing is caring."

"Oh my god, let me out!" Jihyun complained, shoving passed Seokjin and Namjoon to escape the room. "I'm never calling him down for food ever again!"

"That's one problem solved." Yoongi snickered, running a hand through his hair.

“You’re not helping.” Jimin smacked his shoulder. “I thought you two were gone.”

"W-We were, but work lets me off earlier than I had thought and Jihyun finished early and so," Jin's words slowly faded into silence as he turned away. "Sorry, I'll just leave now!"

Namjoon followed suit with the shake of his head and shut the door behind him, leaving the two back to their original state. Jimin groaned loudly and covered his face with his hands as his cheeks flared with a bright scarlet color. 

“I would apologize, but I’ve done it a lot on their behalf already,” Jimin mumbled embarrassingly into Yoongi’s chest. 

"It could be worse," Yoongi sighed, running his fingers through Jimin's blonde locks and twisting them around. "They could be totally against the whole idea. My uncle would be. You’ve got a very accepting family."

“I’m sorry about him,” he responded. “I know I don’t know about the whole situation, but still.”

"You gotta stop apologizing for everything." Yoongi laughed softly. "I haven't seen him in a year, so it doesn't even matter to me. What matters is the here and now," he whispered. "What matters is you and me."

“Can I be honest for a second?” Jimin whispered, trailing a finger along Yoongi’s collarbone. “Completely honest?”

"What is it?" Yoongi hummed quietly as he closed his eyes, rhythmically running his fingers through Jimin's hair and down his back, before repeating the process. 

“When I first met you, I never thought I’d fall in love with you.” He ran his fingers along Yoongi’s jawline, then smiled softly. “And when I realized that I had feelings for you, it scared the living hell out of me.”

Yoongi chuckled softly, "I guess I got lucky then." He turned to lay on his side and rest his chin on the top of Jimin's head. "I've had complicated feelings for you since the beginning of senior year. Complicated in the sense that I couldn’t understand why I felt the way I did towards another guy, but you know."

“I really do love you, you know.” Jimin tightened his grip on Yoongi, a new found sincerity lacing his tone. He closed his eyes and released long sigh that fanned over Yoongi’s neck in soft waves. “In every way possible.”

"I think it's safe to say that I got that." He smiled, placing a kiss on the top of Jimin’s head before resting his own on the pillow. "Damn it, you're making me sleepy," he complained, letting his eyes close once again.

Jimin placed a slow kiss on his counterpart’s lips. “Seokjin-Hyung is probably already making lunch downstairs.” 

"Mm, lunch?" He mumbled, slowly leaning back in to kiss him again, this time lacing his fingers behind Jimin's neck and into his hair.

“There are people in the house this time,” he breathed against Yoongi’s lips. 

Yoongi pulled away, his dark lashes fluttering against his cheeks as he blinked. "Where's your sense of adventure?" he teased.

“With my sense of not being grounded.” Jimin snorted. “Come on, we have to go down there eventually and there’s food.”

Yoongi groaned in irritation as he pulled away completely, flattening himself on the mattress. "I said that earlier and you didn't want to get up! Now suddenly you do?"

“Hyung,” he complained. Jimin rolled his eyes and sat up, balancing himself with his hands on the mattress. A smirk tainted his lips. “It’s Saturday, I don’t have school. We could always go to your apartment after lunch, maybe I could spend the night.”

"Are you trying to bribe me right now? Are you serious?" Yoongi sighed, slowly sitting up to shoot Jimin narrowed eyes. "You are such a jerk."

“I know I am,” Jimin winked. He slipped out of bed and quickly threw on a pair of sweatpants before trailing into his bathroom. His eyes scanned over his reflection for a moment longer than he cared for. “What the hell did you do to me?”

Yoongi couldn't help the smug grin the crossed his face as he fell back into the mess of sheets and blankets. "What I wanted, obviously. You're mine, now everyone can see it."

“I have to go to school on Monday.” He leaned against the doorway to the bathroom and crossed his arms. “I also have to see family every day and I have to go out in public.”

"And?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow, putting one of his arms behind his head. "Your point being?"

“People will see it, you idiot!”

Yoongi laughed, "So what? Are you really embarrassed? If I remember correctly, you certainly weren't last night."

Jimin blinked at him and turned back into the bathroom. “You’re an .”

Running a hand through his hair, Yoongi chuckled softly as he sat back up. "They’ll fade." A minute passed as he sat there, and his facial expression suddenly twisted between realization and nervousness before he spoke aloud. "Ah, I forgot." He glanced at the doorway of the bathroom and sighed, getting off the bed and pulling on his tattered jeans before moving to lean against the doorframe. "I have something to tell you."

“Yeah?” Jimin prompted, silently running his fingers over one of the hickeys on his collarbone. “What is it?”

Biting his bottom lip, he crossed his arms over his chest. "I signed with a company, about a week ago."

“Are you serious?” Jimin’s face lightened considerably and a bright smile broke out across his lips. 

Yoongi's eyes fell to the floor at his feet as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah. They thought I had potential I guess, and they were a company I'd looked into before, so," he nodded, "I agreed. Agust D is official now."

Jimin lurched forward and wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s bare shoulders. “I am so proud of you. I am so incredibly proud of you, you have no idea.”

"Thanks." Yoongi smiled slightly. "I meant to tell you sooner, but everything else got in the way."

“Don’t forget about me when you get really famous, okay?” Jimin chuckled, running his fingers through Yoongi’s tangled hair. 

"Who do you think I am?" he laughed, poking one of the bruises on Jimin’s neck before grabbing the spare toothbrush he kept there. "I highly doubt I'm going to be forgetting about you anytime soon." 

 


•••

 


His eyes absentmindedly glided over the printed words as he rested the side of his head in his palm, his other hand drumming against the surface of the book. Jimin blinked down at the textbook. Pages after page had gone by, but he hadn’t remembered any of it. His thoughts were clouded over with thoughts of the audition coming in within the day or the next. The thought of getting the audition brought on a new wave of anxiety; one revolved around the initial audition, the other with thoughts of having to tell Yoongi of it. Getting the audition was one step closer to Seoul, one step farther away from Busan and Yoongi, his family. 

Jimin leaned back in his desk chair and released a loud sigh. School was finally beginning to catch up with him and his college career was getting closer and closer with each minute that passed. He stared up at the ceiling, then groaned softly. 

“Jimin-ah!” Namjoon called up the stairs. “Come here for a minute?”

He ran a hand over his face and stood to his feet. “Coming!” 

Jimin quickly exited his room and trailed down the stairs to where Namjoon and Seokjin were waiting for him. He scanned both of them one at a time--they both looked tired, stressed, but the slight smiles on their faces seemed to mask it in the smallest fashion. 

“What is it?” Jimin asked, leaning against the wall next to the stairs. 

"There's something for you," Seokjin stated simply, holding out an envelope to the younger boy. "We thought you might want it."

Jimin felt his heart fluttered in an uneasy as he reached out for the letter and took it for himself. His hands shook in the slightest way; what were the actual chances though? Releasing a soft sigh, Jimin pulled the envelope open and pulled the letter from within, allowing the white envelope to fall at his feet. He read over the words printed on the paper with much care, even pausing for a moment to read and reread the final two sentences. 

“Jimin?” Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows and stepped forward cautiously. “Is everything alright?”

“I-I got the audition.” he stammered. “I-I did it.” 

A large smile broke out across Seokjin's face. "See? What did we tell you? You did it, Jimin." He blinked rapidly, turning his eyes to the counter he leaned against.

“Yeah.” Jimin stared across the room at the wall. “I did.” 

There wasn’t a particular way around telling Yoongi of the news. Taking it any farther beyond that point, it would mean lying whenever he asked about college. It would mean keeping it away from Yoongi and pretending that his own dreams weren’t slowly but surely beginning to unravel before him. The reaction he would get was the scariest part. 

Seokjin called everyone to tell them before Jimin had time to stop him--the only good part was he didn’t take to mentioning Yoongi. Everyone was happy for him, and Jimin was glad they were so supportive, but when it came down to it, would Yoongi be the same? 

His homework was long forgotten from that moment. It sat on his desk, half-written notes and colored pens splayed across the surface of his desk while he read the letter again and again. Each time the words ran through his mind, he tried to imagine a good scenario, one that would ease the anxiety in his chest and the spinning in his m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter